Apple's chance at the perfect device

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dylanw View Post

I seriosly think we will see Apple shy away from folding/hinging anything, due to several factors. It ads yet another piece to break. Another problem is that there will have to be some sort of racheting mechanism, look at laptops, the angle of their screen is not always opened to the same angle and for good reason, sometimes light needs to be deflected (glare), sometimes you have to sit with it far away/or closer (table no/no table), and the lid isnt load bearing on these laptops, where some of these flip designs it would have to be. I think that if Apple makes anything, they would run on the side revolution as opposed to renovation just because of what people are used to. I think we will see a proper tablet, not a half way mutant.

Just my thoughts on the whole laptop/tablet battle here...

No mutants are good! Gamma iradiated freaks of nature.......yeah thats the ticket!
  • Reply 42 of 44
    fishyesquefishyesque Posts: 725member
    Yeah, no folding! Simply a screen that can expand in size to multiple screen sizes!

*mind explodes*
  • Reply 43 of 44
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fishyesque View Post

Yeah, no folding! Simply a screen that can expand in size to multiple screen sizes!

*mind explodes*

Oh dude....don't even go there! I've kept that in the back of my imagination but I've dismissed that for real life. Components today are too primitive to do something like that. But omg what if! \
  • Reply 44 of 44
    fishyesquefishyesque Posts: 725member
    One day, my friend. One day.

Until this 'perfect' device comes out, I'm going to go crazy. I'll servive with my good 'ol EEE PC.