New iMacs in retail system; 3G iPhone redesign rumor; 3G's "D-Day"

Comments

• Reply 81 of 102
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    As of 5:30am Chicago Time, 11:30am London Time, APPLE STORE IS DOWN. Note this is a Monday not Tuesday hmmmmm?
  • Reply 82 of 102
    I will be camping on this thread next several hours. BRING IT w00t
  • Reply 83 of 102
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

As of 5:30am Chicago Time, 11:30am London Time, APPLE STORE IS DOWN. Note this is a Monday not Tuesday hmmmmm?

From MR:

Quote:

Delivery of inventory appears to be targeted on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Emphasis mine of course.
  • Reply 84 of 102
    Good point on Monday. Nice catch. Why the change from Tuesday though? Eh?
  • Reply 85 of 102
    Quote:

Good point on Monday. Nice catch. Why the change from Tuesday though? Eh?

Just for the sake of change? By the way, the new iMacs are out.

EDIT: there is the 8800GS option with 512 MB for the 24" model. Is this good?
  • Reply 86 of 102
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    8800GS 512MB available on the 24-inch model. Not too shabby.
  • Reply 87 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gloss View Post

8800GS 512MB available on the 24-inch model. Not too shabby.

nVidia FTW !! YEAH
  • Reply 88 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Run Windows on it and there you have it. Gaming PC. In 24 inch slim form factor.

512mb helps a lot for antialiasing etc.
  • Reply 89 of 102
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:

Just for the sake of change? By the way, the new iMacs are out.

Yep. Watched it reload.

Already got a call to order the 3.06.

Anybody like to start the dissenters list?
  • Reply 90 of 102
    c64c64 Posts: 33member
    Quote:

Run Windows on it and there you have it. Gaming PC. In 24 inch slim form factor.

512mb helps a lot for antialiasing etc.

I'm not going to play games is it worth it or just get the referb 24" for $1399?
  • Reply 91 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

Anybody like to start the dissenters list?

Why, is there really something to complain about? The iMac line was fairly good with the exception of the GPU. Now Apple addressed this. Granted, it is on the high end only, but here is our option. No complains from me.

If I could, I would order a fully loaded highest end right now for the family. But I can't. It will be later for me.
  • Reply 92 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Phones are disposable items designed to last two years max, where i come from (england) owning the same phone for a year is absolute maximum!

You're probably right. Except that I'm cheap, !!!

I've had my current V300 Motorola phone now for 3.5 years! But it is pretty beat up and I will gladly replace it with the next revision of the iPhone
  • Reply 93 of 102
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:

Why, is there really something to complain about? The iMac line was fairly good with the exception of the GPU. Now Apple addressed this. Granted, it is on the high end only, but here is our option. No complains from me.

If I could, I would order a fully loaded highest end right now for the family. But I can't. It will be later for me.

Unfortunately, there are those who for whatever reason seem to permeate this site just to create crap.

And I would expect that they will begin as soon as they have somebody read the news to them in their only good ear.
  • Reply 94 of 102
    Quote:

MacRumors has people complaining about:

* no quad-core processor

* no nVidia 9xxx series GPU

* no nVidia 8xxx series GPU on the 20-inch

* no 8GB of RAM

People always find some way to bitch. Although I sort of agree on the disappointment in the 8800GS's availability only on the 24-inch, I assume it's due to heat dissipation.
  • Reply 95 of 102
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

MacRumors has people complaining about:

* no quad-core processor

* no nVidia 9xxx series GPU

* no nVidia 8xxx series GPU on the 20-inch

* no 8GB of RAM

People always find some way to bitch. Although I sort of agree on the disappointment in the 8800GS's availability only on the 24-inch, I assume it's due to heat dissipation.

Can the C2Ds even take more than 4GB?
  • Reply 96 of 102
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    This is really good. The 3.06 GHZ model will be on order for both my wife and daughter in a week.

I prefer to wait to see what little problems crop up first, to see if they will affect our use.

Time to move this to the new thread, guys.
  • Reply 97 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Can the C2Ds even take more than 4GB?

Don't see why not. Mac Pros handled up to 32GB of RAM on the same processor. 64 bit processor + 64 bit OS = oodles of memory addressing.
  • Reply 98 of 102
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Don't see why not. Mac Pros handled up to 32GB of RAM on the same processor. 64 bit processor + 64 bit OS = oodles of memory addressing.

I wonder if the new Mac Pro's with Nehalem will be able to take more than 24 GB. There is a technical reason why, without using FB-DIMMS, they might not.
  • Reply 99 of 102
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Those are 2x Xeons designed for workstation and servers, not Mobile chips. Remeber when the there were 64bit Meroms that could only address 3GB of RAM, not the whole 4GB.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Time to move this to the new thread, guys.

Which thread?
  • Reply 100 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Those are 2x Xeons designed for workstation and servers, not Mobile chips. Remeber when the there were 64bit Meroms that could only address 3GB of RAM, not the whole 4GB.

Good point, sir.