Online Apple Stores run dry of iPhones

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    tantrumtantrum Posts: 41member
    It really makes no difference to Apple if they sell iPhones or not. They haven't been recognizing any revenue on iPhone sales since March 6th and their numbers still blew forecasts out of the water.
  • Reply 62 of 68
    bavlondon2bavlondon2 Posts: 694member
    Even when the 3g iphone is announced/released does that mean they wont ship any more existing iphones? (16gb GSM)

For some people 3G isnt needed so I can still see that one selling.
  • Reply 63 of 68
    technotechno Posts: 737member
    Perhaps they will introduce upgrades of the two current models. Higher capacities etc. Then at the WWDC they will announce the 3G that will be out at Christmas time.

Apple has painted themselves in a lawsuit happy corner. They love big "Oh and one other thing" type of surprises. But if they announce something on Tuesday, everyone who bought a phone on Monday will join a class action suit saying they were deceived. People can't claim there was no warning of a new Phone and Apple still gets to have the nice surprise moments they love. Also, with refreshed versions of the current models they can possibly soften the sales lull of those waiting until Christmas for the 3G ones. I am sure that there are many who want a phone now and are willing to compromise and get one now that is perhaps 80 GB. I might.
  • Reply 64 of 68
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by techno View Post

Apple has painted themselves in a lawsuit happy corner. They love big "Oh and one other thing" type of surprises. But if they announce something on Tuesday, everyone who bought a phone on Monday will join a class action suit saying they were deceived. People can't claim there was no warning of a new Phone and Apple still gets to have the nice surprise moments they love.

I know there have been people that complained about this, but I don't remember any lawsuits.
  • Reply 65 of 68
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hobBIT View Post

Sounds great on paper, but still hides the fact that they could have sold an extra 1,000,000+ (1 million!) phones if they hadn't miscalculated their forecasts (1 1/2 months of lost sales on roughly 10mio phones per year).

Only if you believe that consumers don't read newspapers/news sites and don't make purchase decisions sensibly could Apple have hoped to sell at the same pace in the last month.
  • Reply 66 of 68
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tantrum View Post

They haven't been recognizing any revenue on iPhone sales since March 6th .....

What do you mean by that? And where did you see that?
  • Reply 67 of 68
    bavlondon2bavlondon2 Posts: 694member
    Are Apple going to halt production of the current iphone 8gb/16gb? Or are they just waiting till they show the next model then continue to ship the old one again?
  • Reply 68 of 68
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bavlondon2 View Post

Are Apple going to halt production of the current iphone 8gb/16gb? Or are they just waiting till they show the next model then continue to ship the old one again?

I think Apple already has stopped making the current 8/16s. They might have switched production to the next version a month or two ago.