Swiss iPhone rumor; BlackBerry Thunder; Apple gay-friendly

Comments

• Reply 21 of 425
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stustanley View Post

I'm not gay myself, but I do have some friends who are, and I find that quite offensive and I'm sure that they would too.

well, i am gay, and i thought his comment was amusing, and a nice comeback to the one he was quoting (which did offend me)
  • Reply 22 of 425
    stustanleystustanley Posts: 236member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trevorlsciact View Post

well, i am gay, and i thought his comment was amusing, and a nice comeback to the one he was quoting (which did offend me)

maybe it was meant in jest, but it didn't read that way at first glance!
  • Reply 23 of 425
    This AI post is like writing legislation...

If you want to hide everything else in the article, throw something controversial at the end - the rest is sure to be ignored.
  • Reply 24 of 425
    It's really quite simple: Gays like pretty things, macs are pretty.
  • Reply 25 of 425
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 181member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by probably View Post

The gay imagery of the "Get a Mac" campaign is the presentation of two sympathetic men as the common focal point? Or am I looking past something else.

Classic homoerotic longing between the two men is a major subtext in the "Get a Mac" commercial.
  • Reply 26 of 425
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by damiansipko View Post

It's really quite simple: Gays like pretty things, macs are pretty.

so true
  • Reply 27 of 425
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stustanley View Post

I'm not gay myself, but I do have some friends who are, and I find that quite offensive and I'm sure that they would too.

I meant it as a joke to the guy who mentioned that he purchased a queer notebook but personally stustanley, I could completely careless whether you or your gay lovers/friends find it offensive. Grow up and stop wearing your feelings on your sleeve.
  • Reply 28 of 425
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by internetworld7 View Post

but personally stustanley, I could completely careless whether you or your gay lovers/friends find it offensive. Grow up and stop wearing your feelings on your sleeve.

Now that is a little harsh, he did say friends
  • Reply 29 of 425
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trevorlsciact View Post

Are you satisfied now stustanley? You should feel pretty stupid for trying to speak for gay people when you "claim" that you are not gay. I highly suggest you go to ebay and place your bid on a sense of humor.
  • Reply 30 of 425
    To get things back on track.........Apple was one of the first, if not the first, to include sexual orientation in their non-discrimination policy AND to offer Domestic Partner benefits. The Gay community recognizes Apple as a brave pioneer in providing a workplace which is welcoming and rewarding. Besides, their products are pretty!!!!
  • Reply 31 of 425
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SGSORENSEN View Post

To get things back on track.........Apple was one of the first, if not the first, to include sexual orientation in their non-discrimination policy AND to offer Domestic Partner benefits. The Gay community recognizes Apple as a brave pioneer in providing a workplace which is welcoming and rewarding. Besides, their products are pretty!!!!

Welcome to AI

And thanks for the info
  • Reply 32 of 425
    pg4gpg4g Posts: 383member
    Offensive to gays? Man... gays get offended so easily. Or most do anyway.

I don't. Who gives a rats what people say to be offensive? Thats their view, and they are entitled to it. Sad they feel the need to display it in public like that, they just shamed themselves.

Is it just me, or is everything about political correctness going just a LITTLE too far?
  • Reply 33 of 425
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Admiralkymia View Post

What does Apple not making a stand on gays/lesbians have anything to with being sympathetic? The rainbow has only recently been adopted by homosexuals, the term gay in and of itself means that your joyful, not that your interested in your brother, and Mac helping PC blow his nose is an act of kindness, not gay imagery. One must dig really, really, really deep to try to find any remote trace of something being gay. I pet my dog on the head. That doesn't mean I have thoughts of an intimate relationship with my dog. Really, people, cut the crap! Ya, so I'm on my soapbox of a controversial issue nowadays. So, hate me. You don't like my views. Oh, well. I'll get over it.

+10000000
  • Reply 34 of 425
    tbusbytbusby Posts: 4member
    @ internetworld7

Think you've got it wrong as to who needs to grow up.
  • Reply 35 of 425
    icarbonicarbon Posts: 196member
    wow, guess I'm not suprised by all the controversy in these responses, but seriously - they're a company in the Bay Area, it would be foolish to be homophobic at a corporate level (actually, that statement needs no geographical location to ring true).

as an investor, I'm happy whoever likes apple, so long as they show it with money!
  • Reply 36 of 425
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tbusby View Post

@ internetworld7

Think you've got it wrong as to who needs to grow up.

It's much easier if you use the reply button when giving your 2 cents about someone else's comment that does not concern you. \
  • Reply 37 of 425
    echosonicechosonic Posts: 462member
    The tinkerbelles need to lighten up. nobody has the right not to be offended, and frankly, any time somebody makes a non-PC statement anymore the entire gay community screams "oppression."

In fact, I remember hearing that Apple dropped the Rainbow Apple Logo for that very reason. They did not want to be assumed to be the "Gay" computer company.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

heh heh....
  • Reply 38 of 425
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PalmerDeville View Post

AdMob serves ads to the mobile web. iPhones users don't visit mobile websites. AdMob's analysis is whack.

My thought exactly.
  • Reply 39 of 425
    Well PlanetOut is being stupid and annoying. They just said that because Apple is big news these days and they're just wanting to generate attention and buzz.
  • Reply 40 of 425
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smurfman View Post

I wouldn't quite put it that way, but I agree. I'm glad Apple has kept a fairly neutral stance on political issues. It's unwise for ANY company to have a bias over one political hot-bed over another. Especially, IMO, the gay movement.

Homosexuality is an obvious unnatural sexual preference folks (i.e. square peg in round hole analogy). The same reasoning that homosexuals are using could be applied to someone who may want to have a relationship with an animal or even an inanimate object or child. This general cultural focus on homosexual rights is ludicrous and irrational.

The gay group claiming Apple's sensibility to gays has a right to their view but I bet it's mostly because of Apple's neutral organizational stance on hot political issues that gives them a high level of integrity.

It's always amazing that there are still such bigots in the world. Inanimate objects, animals, and children aren't capable of making a decision about who to be in a relationship with. I'm not sure if your argument is specifically in reference to homosexuality or specifically to gay marriage.

If it's about homosexuality in general, two consenting adults making their own decisions based on their own emotions for someone certainly isn't unnatural.

As for marriage, the anti-civil-rights activists always like to say things like "if we allow gay marriage, what will keep people from marrying their dogs?". This is such a pathetic argument, as dogs aren't capable of entering into legal agreements - neither are children or inanimate objects.

Certainly gay marriage isn't anymore unnatural than one man and one woman choosing to be exclusive to each other for life. Certainly you have the right to spread your offensive hate (even if you think you're disguising it as some sort of valid argument), but that doesn't mean you should.