Swiss iPhone rumor; BlackBerry Thunder; Apple gay-friendly

Comments

• Reply 41 of 425
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Sounds like the Blackberry folks are pretty worried if they are resorting to "eternal" contracts... they should be shaking in their boots.
  • Reply 42 of 425
    fraklincfraklinc Posts: 244member
    , now that right there sounds plain dumb, How do you link tech with someones sexual preferences
  • Reply 43 of 425
    By the way, I don't think anyone claimed in the article that the perception of tolerance toward the gay community was because of some homoerotic subtext in the "Get a Mac" campaign, or the rainbow Apple logo.

I also don't think that Apple is necessarily more gay friendly than any other company, they're just not overtly intolerant of them as many others are. But this isn't uncommon for companies out of places like California.

I think a lot of gay people, and sympathetic straight people are upset by language that links being gay with a bad thing. Such as calling someone gay in a negative way... or for example, claiming that someone who speaks out in support of gay rights and tolerance is gay. If they are or aren't is irrelevant unless the person throwing the accusation is implying there's something wrong with being gay anyway.

And just because people don't think juvenile humor is funny, doesn't mean they don't have a sense of humor, it just means you need to say something that's actually funny.
  • Reply 44 of 425
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by probably View Post

The gay imagery of the "Get a Mac" campaign is the presentation of two sympathetic men as the common focal point? Or am I looking past something else.

The fact it is a mocking portrayal of Steve Jobs vs. Bill Gates and you somehow have it turned into a subliminal message between two gay men, one lean the other fat speaks volumes about your personal needs or desires.
  • Reply 45 of 425
    solsunsolsun Posts: 763member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smurfman View Post

I wouldn't quite put it that way, but I agree. I'm glad Apple has kept a fairly neutral stance on political issues. It's unwise for ANY company to have a bias over one political hot-bed over another. Especially, IMO, the gay movement.

Homosexuality is an obvious unnatural sexual preference folks (i.e. square peg in round hole analogy). The same reasoning that homosexuals are using could be applied to someone who may want to have a relationship with an animal or even an inanimate object or child. This general cultural focus on homosexual rights is ludicrous and irrational.

The gay group claiming Apple's sensibility to gays has a right to their view but I bet it's mostly because of Apple's neutral organizational stance on hot political issues that gives them a high level of integrity.

Smurfman,

As a gay man, I am not offended by your remarks. But as a human being, I am deeply embarrassed that you are actually ignorant enough to believe your comments about homosexuality.

To compare or equate a relationship between two consenting adults to a relationship with an animal, inanimate object or a child is just plain stupidity and does not even deserve a response.
  • Reply 46 of 425
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Just thought I'd point out that all the banner ads and Google Ads in this thread rotate to gay content.

I guess the more the word 'gay' or 'homosexual' is typed the more ads get 'inserted'.

• Reply 47 of 425
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solsun View Post

Smurfman,

As a gay man, I am not offended by your remarks. But as a human being, I am deeply embarrassed that you are actually ignorant enough to believe your comments about homosexuality.

To compare or equate a relationship between two consenting adults to a relationship with an animal, inanimate object or a child is just plain stupidity and does not even deserve a response.

Amen.

The cool thing? Poll after poll shows increasing acceptance/tolerance for gays in the younger generation. Perhaps one day the misguided 'God hates gays' bigot squad will just be a bad memory, or at least they'll be so small in number that the rest of us can simply point, laugh, and then ignore them. Time is definitely not on their side.

• Reply 48 of 425
    I'm just so tired of the idiotic masses looking at everything as if it's black and white. First off, I'm bisexual, and I think that this "survey" makes little to no sense. There's one "shocker" for you.

But what makes even less sense is comparing same-sex relations to bestiality, or saying that it's unnatural. Scientists have already observed HUNDREDS of species of animals (even including insects and things like that) engaging in bisexual or even strictly homosexual behavior, and the list is growing all the time. So I guess that pretty much disproves all you morons out there who claim that homosexuality is "unnatural." Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

And something else to ponder is that all of you homophobic rednecks probably know gay people but do not realize that they are gay. Maybe you're even friends with them. Very few of my friends are aware of my sexuality, because believe it or not, most gay/bi people aren't like the kind you see on SNL. Seriously.

I'd better stop now; I'd hate to overload your brains with this information and be the cause of a few nervous breakdowns.
  • Reply 49 of 425
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by success View Post

Just thought I'd point out that all the banner ads and Google Ads in this thread rotate to gay content.

I guess the more the word 'gay' or 'homosexual' is typed the more ads get 'inserted'.

You know, when you have sex with girls things are "inserted" as well. I don't really get jokes like this, because it's not like they REALLY have anything specific to do with gay sex. Just something to THINK about. Besides, not all gay guys have anal sex anyway. This whole thing just makes no sense. I know you're just trying to make a joke, but I had to say it.
  • Reply 50 of 425
    freestatefreestate Posts: 123member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Admiralkymia View Post

The rainbow has only recently been adopted by homosexuals,

Wrong. Both are almost the same age.

"It originated in the United States, but is now used worldwide. Designed by San Francisco artist Gilbert Baker in 1978[1][2], the design has undergone several revisions." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow...BT_movement%29

30 years

"Rob Janoff’s “rainbow Apple,” the now-familiar rainbow-colored silhouette of an apple with a bite taken out of it, possibly as a tribute to Isaac Newton's discoveries of the gravity (the apple), and the separation of light by prisms (the colors). This was one of several designs Janoff presented to Jobs in 1976" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_computer

32 years
  • Reply 51 of 425
    iharryiharry Posts: 42member
    Homosexuality is an obvious unnatural sexual preference folks (i.e. square peg in round hole analogy). The same reasoning that homosexuals are using could be applied to someone who may want to have a relationship with an animal or even an inanimate object or child. This general cultural focus on homosexual rights is ludicrous and irrational.

OK, We have a winner in the stupid , ignorant and completely untrue category of course you forgot to mention your imaginary friend
  • Reply 52 of 425
    pg4gpg4g Posts: 383member
    Maybe it is ignorant etc, but hey, homosexuality is still kinda square peg round hole type thing though.

I am attracted to the same sex. Don't like it. Don't want to accept it. And yeah, I am one of those Christians, just however believe God loves everyone, just dislikes how some people act or is saddened by misguidance.

Hey, call me a fundamentalist, but I don't claim either ground.

Some of the things said here went too far - its not the same as with an animal, or an inanimate object (women with vibrators will cringe here) but this person was just stating they don't agree with the activity. Maybe they went bout it the wrong way.

Just cos you are a guy who has an attraction to another guy doesn't mean you have to agree with it, or that you have to hate yourself.

And just cos you disagree with the way someone conducts their personal life gives you no justification for insulting a person. I could insult a person for lying with just as much justification. That is useless, as are your insults. I am not insulted. Just saddened by the misguidance.

As for Apple... Who cares? Honestly, what does my macbook pro have to do with homosexuality? Not much. My iPod touch neither.
  • Reply 53 of 425
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Admiralkymia View Post

What does Apple not making a stand on gays/lesbians have anything to with being sympathetic? The rainbow has only recently been adopted by homosexuals, the term gay in and of itself means that your joyful, not that your interested in your brother, and Mac helping PC blow his nose is an act of kindness, not gay imagery. One must dig really, really, really deep to try to find any remote trace of something being gay. I pet my dog on the head. That doesn't mean I have thoughts of an intimate relationship with my dog. Really, people, cut the crap! Ya, so I'm on my soapbox of a controversial issue nowadays. So, hate me. You don't like my views. Oh, well. I'll get over it.

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much
  • Reply 54 of 425
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CharlesP2009 View Post

Well PlanetOut is being stupid and annoying. They just said that because Apple is big news these days and they're just wanting to generate attention and buzz.

To really know whether Apple is gay-friendly, we sould need to know Apple's corporate policy with regard to homosexuality. Do gay partners receive the same benefits as a heterosexual spouse? Is there a strict anti-discrimination policy? Without these answers, Apple's "image" has nothing at all to do with gay-friendliness.
  • Reply 55 of 425
    jonnybjonnyb Posts: 64member
    As a member of a minority that is persecuted, marginalised and ridiculed for its practices and beliefs, one would think all Mac Users could empathise with the gays...

Why do you insist on being different?
  • Reply 56 of 425
    adkilleradkiller Posts: 10member
    An upcoming article on the BlackBerry 9500...

BlackBerry: Farting Thunder?

Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL.

-Ad
  • Reply 57 of 425
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    Actually, this is a timely report, as the fourth international day against homophobia (IDAHO) is this coming Sunday. Please join others in your city to march or be heard and oppose the kind of hatred, fear, discrimination and misunderstanding that has been shown in this thread. I will be doing my part, as I have every year since the event started.
  • Reply 58 of 425
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PG4G View Post

Maybe it is ignorant etc, but hey, homosexuality is still kinda square peg round hole type thing though.

I am attracted to the same sex. Don't like it. Don't want to accept it. And yeah, I am one of those Christians, just however believe God loves everyone, just dislikes how some people act or is saddened by misguidance.

Yeah, I can tell you don't like it or want to accept it. I mean, I'm not totally crazy about it myself, but why the whole "square peg in a round hole" thing? I'll repeat myself: bisexuality/homosexuality has been observed, by scientists, in HUNDREDS of species and counting. If that doesn't qualify as "natural," then I guess we're all about as artificially-made as the keyboards we're typing on. Animals don't have opinions. (Yeah, I know, technically we're animals too, but that's not my point.) So if they are gay, then it MUST be natural. Why would it suddenly be different for humans? Is it unnatural for us to do it simply because we DO have opinions?

As Carlos Mencia would put it, "DUH-DUH-DUH!"
  • Reply 59 of 425
    bikertwinbikertwin Posts: 566member
    So, what, about 5-10% of folks are gay, right? So all you bozos who think fags should rot in hell--you do realize that you have family, friends, coworkers, and acquaintances who are gay, right?

You do realize that not every gay person lisps and is into fashion, right?

You do realize that friends and family members that you love are gay and haven't told you, right?

So, what, you just start hating them when they come out?
  • Reply 60 of 425
    mimicmimic Posts: 72member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by timothyjay2004 View Post

That was a tad inappropriate was it not? I think that we are all a little more mature than to act like that...

The apple rainbow hasn't been used since the introduction of mac os x, what 6 years ago? And I don't see where one company is more user friendly than another. So, I think that the article is a little off. But, that aside, everyone needs to be careful of what they say and be a little more mature. You are no better than anyone else, gay, straight or what ever else someone may classify themselves as, so you need to be a little more respectful of others.

I don't need to be careful of what i say. I can be as offensive as i want, it's my right!! Besides, the gay agenda offends me, so what about that? Right, me being offended of you matters not, but you being offended by me does

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stustanley View Post

I'm not gay myself, but I do have some friends who are, and I find that quite offensive and I'm sure that they would too.

Poor little babies.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by timothyjay2004 View Post

Same here. I have relatives that are and they are no less of a person than anyone else. Come on guys, if you have offensive comments to make, keep them to your selves. It's very childish and inappropriate.

As soon as the Gay agenda keeps to itself, i will keep my comments to myself.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PG4G View Post

Offensive to gays? Man... gays get offended so easily. Or most do anyway.

I don't. Who gives a rats what people say to be offensive? Thats their view, and they are entitled to it. Sad they feel the need to display it in public like that, they just shamed themselves.

Is it just me, or is everything about political correctness going just a LITTLE too far?

Yes, it has gone way too far as to silence the rights of some, for the rights of others in the name of tolerance.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBaggins View Post

Amen.

The cool thing? Poll after poll shows increasing acceptance/tolerance for gays in the younger generation. Perhaps one day the misguided 'God hates gays' bigot squad will just be a bad memory, or at least they'll be so small in number that the rest of us can simply point, laugh, and then ignore them. Time is definitely not on their side.

Um, God does hate gay sin, if you would actually read and believe what He wrote. Calls them an abomination. That's very descriptive to me. If you want to try and ignore it for the sake of your sin, sure, whatever.

Leviticus 20

13. If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

And let me be clear, He hates my sin also....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by success View Post

All i see is a Ford add for their F-150 The Muscle To Bring It Home

My issues is not with the individual, but the fact they try and push their agenda on the public, in the schools, and in our laws as if we have to give them rights just because they CHOOSE to be different.