Why do you own Apple stock?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Typically the stock takes a dip after each of these big keynotes.

But if availability and price structure of this iPhone hits the mark, I think we may see it go up this time around.

I'm too holding out for $250...but this economy has me spooked.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    probablyprobably Posts: 139member
    Because it's the one company I know well enough, believe in enough to throw thousands of dollars at it in stock. Reading into their financials, their marketing campaigns, their policy changes is unbelievably exciting to me when the end result is a lovable packaged product.

They've had to deal with one quarterly loss in a decade afaik (which by all evidence was the result of Jobs trying to push his love-affair with cubes as well as thinking DV was the new hot ticket instead of observing the explosive growth of CD burning and digital music). His way of making up for that mistake was iPod, which was considered and brought to market in the 8 months afterwards.

There are a billion reasons - that I actually enjoy writing about and putting into perspective - but that's a tiny piece of it.

edit: those are reasons for investing to get growth out of it. But fundamentally, it's good to support the ones who spur catch-up development in the industry.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    regreg Posts: 832member
    We had to sell shares we had long ago because of my wife's work, Conflict of Interest. We had to sell when the prices were still dropping before Job's return. We are long term buyers most of the time and seldom hold anything less than a year. We have also bought stock for the kids because the shares look neat or the kids liked the company or a product they made. Buy low, sell high, I wish that would happen to me.