Originally Posted by zeasar View Post

Everything in life IS free.

Even life comes with the cost of death.
  • Reply 102 of 151
    zeasarzeasar Posts: 91member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Or I should have said: Life is bounded by death, and only after death we are truly free.

Anyways, sticking back to the topic. I like good free apps, but if there's an app that's great but also costs money, I would gladly pay that money.

Bottom line is that I trust apple to filter through only quality apps (ones that wont fuck up the iphone).
  • Reply 103 of 151
    macfandavemacfandave Posts: 603member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PG4G View Post

My apps are free because they will be Christianity related and I don't believe that anyone should be charged to get a bible in the medium they want.

Wouldn't a Christian capitalize "Bible?"

If you pirate music (in the US), the RIAA can take your money. If you pirate movies, the MPAA can take your money. But, if you mess with the copyright holder of the Bible, your soul will burn for eternity in a lake of burning hellfire!

Good luck with that.
  • Reply 104 of 151
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

Wrong, that's free too. Every life has a death at the end of it, no payment required, it's included in the package.
  • Reply 105 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aegisdesign View Post

How about Darwin, the core of the OS you're using now on your iPhone and Mac?

Or Apache, MySQL and PHP that run the site you're using now?

Really, this idea that no 'free' apps are worth their salt is sooo last milenium.

So is misspelling millennium.

Good point, though.
  • Reply 106 of 151
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

Wrong, that's free too. Every life has a death at the end of it, no payment required, it's included in the package.

That doesn't mean it isn't a cost.

And most religions don't have a plan to renew, like Hinduism which allows you to re-subscribe at a better or worse plan based on your previous usage. I guess Karma points are like rollover minutes.
  • Reply 107 of 151
    alpichalpich Posts: 96member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by robpor View Post

I WISH I COULD FIND DEVELOPERS LIKE YOU TO WORK FOR FREE, ARE YOU LIVING @ HOME @ 30 SOMETHING ON YOUR PARENTS DIME?

SOFTWARE/APPS COME WITH A PRICE, EITHER ON YOUR END OR ON THE CONSUMER.

DON'T SELL YOURSELF SHORT JUST TO PROVE A POINT.

YOUR HURTING THE DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE.

UNLESS THE APPS YOU DEVELOP ARE GARBAGE TO BEGIN WITH!

Did you think of this all by yourself or did your carer have to help you. Clearly you are not intelligent enough to make good enough apps to charge for and so is upset you when other people create good apps and give them away for free meaning he can't push his crap. Good on you. That is of course assuming you can even program and aren't just some wannabe ranting off about an industry you have nothing to do with.
  • Reply 108 of 151
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Apple promised the option of Free Apps.

its part of my contract with them.

Therefore, everything I make will be free. I refuse to make costing apps at this point.

Thank you!
  • Reply 109 of 151
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member
    Quote:

That doesn't mean it isn't a cost.

And most religions don't have a plan to renew, like Hinduism which allows you to re-subscribe at a better or worse plan based on your previous usage. I guess Karma points are like rollover minutes.

I pay for the unlimited cursing bolt on...
  • Reply 110 of 151
    krreagankrreagan Posts: 218member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Google Earth

SketchUp

Think!

There are quite a few.

99% of the free apps out there Suck Raw Eggs (SRE's)! They are developed to almost (but not quite) usable condition and then abandoned, or new functionality is added and not debugged before the original is usable so the app ends up SRE all over again! only about 70% of the apps that I've payed for suck! and I don't have any qualms over returning or trying to get my money back on the ones that do!

I doubt Apple will charge for the update to the iPod Touch SW because (as far as I know) it does not add any usable application functionality like the first update did. If it's just a mod to allow access to the store, they won't charge for it.

Krreagan
  • Reply 111 of 151
    alpichalpich Posts: 96member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by merdhead View Post

Indeed. He reformatted his iPhone for our sins. Now for some important philosophical questions:

- Would Jesus jailbreak his iPhone?

- What does Jesus listen to/watch on his phone?

- If Jesus has an iPhone, does the devil have a Nokia?

I'm open to an intense theological debate on these issues.

All very good questions. I will try to humbly answer them in order of listing.

1) Jesus would be happy to Jailbreak his iPhone so long as it did not break any laws since he told us to obey the laws on earth unless they are against God. Further I think that Steve Jobs being an enlighten person would probably donate the iPhone personally as well as a MBA for each disciple. Judas would want to trade his in for a Dell but would reluctantly keep it so he did not look out of place. He would probably take out the Solid State HDD and sell it on ebay while replacing it with a cheeper standard and bigger HDD. He would say it was because he wanted the size but really it would be so that he can pocket the cash.

2) Jesus would listen to anyone who had a message. Jesus felt the pain of everyone and eventually took that pain on the cross. So it makes sense that he would listen to Tupac, Three Days Grace, U2 (although I think he would find them a bit wingy), and Powerderfinger to name a few. Of course all these artist are available on iTunes music store. He would also probably throw in a little punk and emo just coz he can relate having been on the cross and all. I think the bigger question would be, would Jesus appear in one of those silhouette iPod commercials. Of course if he did he would do it for free and maybe a shared lunch. I can see the rob swaying back and forth now.

3) No the Devil does not have a Nokia. Judas has a Nokia. Judas would go on about how much more open and important Symbian is to everyone while Jesus would be saying Just enjoy the experience while we can. The Devil has a O2 with Windows Mobile.

I hope this helps your pondering.

God Bless
  • Reply 112 of 151
    Quote:

I am quite offended.

No! I am not living on my parents dime. I get no support from them.

I am a college student doing a double degree (which means practically double the work) as well as working 30 hours a week to support myself.

My apps are free because they will be Christianity related and I don't believe that anyone should be charged to get a bible in the medium they want.

Stop making assumptions.

"I am hurting the development community as a whole."

How? By stopping people having to pay for a resource I see should be free?

I welcome that hurt.

And my program will not be garbage thank you! It is already a long way into development, and looking great.

No you are hurting human society as a whole!

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE charge lots and LOTS of money! spreading religious crap on the internet is not a nice thing to do!

There are too many brain washed children and mindless non-thinking adults killing each orher in the world as it is!

Krreagan
  • Reply 113 of 151
    citycity Posts: 522member
    "A landmark event . In more ways than one" That's why the picture is two toll bridges. Another way to charge a toll for what we may already be paying for.
  • Reply 114 of 151
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by merdhead View Post

Indeed. He reformatted his iPhone for our sins. Now for some important philosophical questions:

- Would Jesus jailbreak his iPhone?

- What does Jesus listen to/watch on his phone?

- If Jesus has an iPhone, does the devil have a Nokia?

I'm open to an intense theological debate on these issues.

Jesus would teach you that if you caught your son or daughter jailbreaking the iPhone, you would have to kill them to save them! After all that is the logic the bible teaches!

Krreagan
  • Reply 115 of 151
    citycity Posts: 522member
    Quote:

I am quite offended.

I welcome that hurt.

If your intention is to encourage reading that's great. There's probably lots of fiction that should be available.
  • Reply 116 of 151
    aegisdesignaegisdesign Posts: 2,914member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zigzaglens View Post

So is misspelling millennium.

Good point, though.

Oddly, the dictionary app (that I paid for) didn't underline it in red when I misspelled it.
  • Reply 117 of 151
    lostkiwilostkiwi Posts: 639member
    Quote:

I am quite offended.

No! I am not living on my parents dime. I get no support from them.

I am a college student doing a double degree (which means practically double the work) as well as working 30 hours a week to support myself.

Stop making assumptions.

"I am hurting the development community as a whole."

I welcome that hurt.

And my program will not be garbage thank you! It is already a long way into development, and looking great.

Nice one mate! I'm looking forward to seeing your app when it comes out :-)
  • Reply 118 of 151
    merdheadmerdhead Posts: 587member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ALPICH View Post

All very good questions. I will try to humbly answer them in order of listing.

1) Jesus would be happy to Jailbreak his iPhone so long as it did not break any laws since he told us to obey the laws on earth unless they are against God. Further I think that Steve Jobs being an enlighten person would probably donate the iPhone personally as well as a MBA for each disciple. Judas would want to trade his in for a Dell but would reluctantly keep it so he did not look out of place. He would probably take out the Solid State HDD and sell it on ebay while replacing it with a cheeper standard and bigger HDD. He would say it was because he wanted the size but really it would be so that he can pocket the cash.

2) Jesus would listen to anyone who had a message. Jesus felt the pain of everyone and eventually took that pain on the cross. So it makes sense that he would listen to Tupac, Three Days Grace, U2 (although I think he would find them a bit wingy), and Powerderfinger to name a few. Of course all these artist are available on iTunes music store. He would also probably throw in a little punk and emo just coz he can relate having been on the cross and all. I think the bigger question would be, would Jesus appear in one of those silhouette iPod commercials. Of course if he did he would do it for free and maybe a shared lunch. I can see the rob swaying back and forth now.

3) No the Devil does not have a Nokia. Judas has a Nokia. Judas would go on about how much more open and important Symbian is to everyone while Jesus would be saying Just enjoy the experience while we can. The Devil has a O2 with Windows Mobile.

I hope this helps your pondering.

God Bless

Thank you, a heavy burden has been lifted from my heart... I should have known the Devil uses Windows Mobile.
  • Reply 119 of 151
    merdheadmerdhead Posts: 587member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aegisdesign View Post

Oddly, the dictionary app (that I paid for) didn't underline it in red when I misspelled it.

You did pay for it as a part of your Mac (or OS upgrade). You should sue Apple for pain and suffering on that one.
  • Reply 120 of 151
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Thank you!

Don't thank him until you try his app!