Apple now the world's No. 3 smartphone vendor

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

AT&T has been bellyaching about the increase in data usage with swindling profit.

I don't know, I have always found swindling profit to be a good thing...
  • Reply 62 of 66
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

I don't know, I have always found swindling profit to be a good thing...

Does anyone make a proofreading app, because I apparently can't do it on my own.

Leopard does a decent job of underlining the more glaring mistakes, but I wonder if we'll ever see an evolved program that could have found the mistake I made above.
  • Reply 63 of 66
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:

Does anyone make a proofreading app, because I apparently can't it on my own.

Leopard does a decent job of underlining the more glaring mistakes, but I wonder if we'll ever see an evolved program that could have found the mistake I made above.

It would be nice, wouldn't it. I usually don't comment on obvious typos (unless a person is asking for it) but that term was too interesting to pass up...
  • Reply 64 of 66
    Good article about what the iPhone has done for the rest of the smartphone industry and how it has positively affected the consumer. Basically a lot of what many of us say on these boards.
  • Reply 65 of 66
    Quote:

Good article about what the iPhone has done for the rest of the smartphone industry and how it has positively affected the consumer. Basically a lot of what many of us say on these boards.

Thanks - great article. it is interesting to see how people attempt to explain the jump in sales of smartphones. I don't buy the idea that someone went in looking for an iPhone and settled on a Blackberry. It is important to remember that correlation does not necessarily mean causation.

Well, after today's keynote, we give birth to a new term to celebrate our continuing independence of poorly designed smartphones: the iPhonoclast!
  • Reply 66 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ByronVanArsdale View Post

I don't buy the idea that someone went in looking for an iPhone and settled on a Blackberry. It is important to remember that correlation does not necessarily mean causation.

I on't buy that scenario either. Though I does seem plausible that Apple's emergence into the smartphone business has brought them more into the regular consumer's eye and made them less of geek/business tool. But the most likely reason seems to be the lowering of prices for other smartphones since Apple's foray My brother recently bought two Palm Centros, as mentioned in the article, because they were buy one get one free at a highly reduced price.