Apple seeds iPhone build 5A331, OS X 10.6 build 10A96, Safari 4

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kim kap sol View Post

You won't have to punch the monkey because iPhone has the best adblocker ever, no Flash support.

Most ads aren't flash.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Most ads aren't flash.

o rly

There are some plain HTML ads but those ads are much less annoying and CPU-hungry than the Flash ads.

But even this plain 'Wacom' ad that I'm looking at right now with no animation is Flash. Can you imagine?
  • Reply 43 of 44
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker View Post

WebKit builds have been > 14 MB starting with r27031 on 2007-10-25, when Leopard (in addition to Tiger) was included.

Why would a browser engine would need more code to work with a new OS? Would that be the work of Safari, not WebKit? I recall using WebKit nightly builds prior to the official release of Leopard.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Why would a browser engine would need more code to work with a new OS? Would that be the work of Safari, not WebKit? I recall using WebKit nightly builds prior to the official release of Leopard.

Because nightlies starting from that day ship for both Tiger and Safari. There are two (slightly) different versions of the frameworks in them.

Not more code, just the same code compiled with different dependencies and optimizations.