what is your favorite browser in OsX??

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Mozilla 1.0

Rockage.

The most stable browser I've used. More compatible than Omniweb. Fast as hell. Web, e-mail, IRC, address book, composer. A user interface that feels finished. Themes (when I used Aqua, I used Pinstripe. Now I use AlumiteX, I use Grey Modern).

Oh yes, and the minute it was released, Apple made apple.com and mac.com compatible.

Another standout feature is the ability to save web sites as an .html file with all the images, sounds, etc in a folder in the same directory. None of that archive crap.

1.1a looks good with it's download manager, but it's in alpha (hence the "a").

iCab for those sites which require me to spoof IE.

Barto

[ 06-22-2002: Message edited by: Barto ]</p>
  • Reply 62 of 67
    existenzexistenz Posts: 57member
    My main browser is OmniWeb

After the IE 5.2 update have started to use that browser again (for my daily hotel visits)
  • Reply 63 of 67
    IE 5.2 is nice for compatibility and the font anti-aliasing but Mozilla is my favorite. It's tabbed browser and pure speed make it a favorite of mine.
  • Reply 64 of 67
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    My vote is for Mozilla and Chimera/Navigator.

Mozilla 1.0 is stable, compatible, and generally a trustworthy piece of software. It has come a long, long way since the first milestones, and has proved the naysayers (mostly) wrong. The interface isn't beautiful, but it's really not bad either. The annoying extra buttons like 'search' can be removed in seconds with a visit to the Preferences. The instant Google search from the location bar is awesome.

Chimera is small, fast, and cute, with most of the compatibility of Mozilla, but not the stability.

Mozilla is the browser i use 90% of the time, and i really like it, despite the mail/Composer/news garbage bundled in.

If Chimera gets Moz like stability (it's getting close), it will become my new favorite.

I never liked OmniWeb, unlike most people here. It looks nice (though i now prefer Chimera) but that's it. It's slow, non-compliant, and... did i mention slow? The newer builds are faster than IE, but that's not saying much. IE really blows, and i think the few IE fans here probably haven't tried late builds of Moz, or haven't fiddled about with Moz's prefs or themes.

-robo
  • Reply 65 of 67
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    My vote is for OmniWeb 4.1

I don't trust themes. I don't want some 14 year old kid designing my UI and the 2 that come with Mozilla leave things to be desired. Omniweb is superb and 4.1's speed is getting better and better. My main browsers are now OW and Mozilla.
  • Reply 66 of 67
    the g5the g5 Posts: 42member
    i've been using 1.1a all day, and it's just a stable as 1.0 so far.
  • Reply 67 of 67
    the g5the g5 Posts: 42member
    [quote]Originally posted by JDraden:

I prefer the "Modern" Theme even though it doesn't go with Aqua all that well. I've also been using Chimera. A charm- but unstable. can't wait until it is solid. Hopefully there won't be too much of a speed hit between now and then.

For now, my NEW vote is, like so many of the others, for Mozilla!![/QB]<hr></blockquote>

hey, you should download the 'GreyModern' theme. i'm sure it's a coincidence but it blends *perfectly* with the os x interface. well, the colors anyway. i'm using the graphite theme in os x, so it fits even better.