Detachable, touchscreen and stylus, Oh My!

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    I guess I agree with BuonRotto about the needed evolution of technology right now. But many on this board still need to evolve as well beyond the keyboard-centrism that infects all computer types.

The analogy of a tablet is that of an interactive magazine. The desktop is an interactive "desktop" with files, a typewriter and calculator and stuff. The pda is an interactive day planner. What is wrong with an interactive magazine. Magazines don't need tripods to prop them up and they don't need keyboards. They need to be easy to carry or lay down (rugged) and visually appealing (hi graphical quality). Input functions would evolve later just like they have with the palm and pc.

It wouldn't be a computer anymore than the iPod is!

I'm not saying Apple or anyone can do this now, but Apple can start from the beginning and allow form to follow function (however secretly) better than any ther hardware company and I don't think this can be that difficult. Besides even if it costs alot and few buy it originally, at least Apple will have intellectual property rights for it in the marketplace.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    mr.emr.e Posts: 20member
    What does everyone think about Apple's new Desktop Remote software in relation to any possibility that they may introduce some sort of wireless tablet and incorporate this software? Like others who have written in this thread, I think something which also includes, perhaps RF or a real IR controller for home automation would really expand the digital hub concept.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    ferroferro Posts: 453member
    [quote]Originally posted by mr.e:

<strong>What does everyone think about Apple's new Desktop Remote software in relation to any possibility that they may introduce some sort of wireless tablet and incorporate this software? Like others who have written in this thread, I think something which also includes, perhaps RF or a real IR controller for home automation would really expand the digital hub concept.</strong><hr></blockquote>

One step closer...

Now all we need is a iPad...

------------------------------------

© FERRO 2001-2002
  • Reply 44 of 47
    yeah
  • Reply 45 of 47
    If you want to roam with your computer, you use a laptop with airport.

What the hell do you need a detachable display with roaming capability for? Without some means of input, it's useless!

I think you will change your minds after seeing how well this viewsonic sells. Demand is going to be low, for sure.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    naderbynaderby Posts: 131member
    [quote]Originally posted by mr.e:

<strong>What does everyone think about Apple's new Desktop Remote software in relation to any possibility that they may introduce some sort of wireless tablet and incorporate this software? Like others who have written in this thread, I think something which also includes, perhaps RF or a real IR controller for home automation would really expand the digital hub concept.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The most significant thing with this software, IMHO, is that it'll run over Airport!
  • Reply 47 of 47
    mr.emr.e Posts: 20member
    [quote]Originally posted by naderby:

<strong>

The most significant thing with this software, IMHO, is that it'll run over Airport!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, it is cool, but one could run Timbuktu over Airport as well; however, there seems to be some GUI advantages in the Apple software compared to TB2.