Visual preview of top 10 free iPhone applications

Comments

• Reply 21 of 54
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    The Remote is lame for not being able to control all of ATV, meaning a full replacement for the mini-mote
  • Reply 22 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pyrofighting View Post

Im running 7.7 and I have no firewalls. Thanks for the quick replies, any more sugestions? I have also tried renaming and that didnt work.

Er.. just to confirm, you are connected to WiFi on your iPhone, correct? And you're on the same network and subnet as the computer running iTunes?
  • Reply 23 of 54
    Yes same network. I use a apple extreme n.
  • Reply 24 of 54
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ringo View Post

MySpace? Really? Okay?

So does anyone find it weird that Facebook and Google have standalone apps when they have such great web apps? I guess dropping the overhead for display data will make things snappier.

Well for example to get Google Calendar to sound an alarm for an appointment you have to have that web page up and running. If you're doing that on the phone then you don't need an alert. If it's a stand alone app then it can send the event to the iPhone to sound an alarm.
  • Reply 25 of 54
    A little more info. Under settings, I can click on add library, then I enter that code in my Itunes and it brings up my library. Then it says "Connecting to Library", in a few seconds it stops and says "Could not find Library."
  • Reply 26 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbatsell View Post

No login that I've seen. There is a banner ad across the bottom of the individual article pages, fixed position, above the category selection bar, roughly 60 pixels high.

Thanks! 8am just can't get here fast enough.
  • Reply 27 of 54
    Does the new aim app for the iPhone have push ability while not directly in the application?

I was thinking about saving money when I upgrade to the 3g by cutting back from unlimited text to the 1500 plan and substitute in aim to cover the rest my texting addiction. Basically keeping my monthly bill the same instead of it costing an extra 10 dollars thanks to att.

Has anyone used the aim app enough to know if it is a viable solution for the sms app, ie it has push, is fast, and reliable.

Thanks
  • Reply 28 of 54
    1. Can you stream music from an iPod Touch directly to an AirPort Express?

2. Can you connect an iPod Touch directly to a Mac via WiFi without a wireless router/ AirPort Express?

theDuderino
  • Reply 29 of 54
    phlakephlake Posts: 91member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bloor.Redding View Post

Does the new aim app for the iPhone have push ability while not directly in the application [?]

From what has been previewed, it is probably not quite ready to replace SMS.

When the Apple Push Notifications service goes live in a couple of months, then it will be. As it stands now, the application must be open to receive updates, and no indication of new messages appears otherwise.
  • Reply 30 of 54
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bloor.Redding View Post

Does the new aim app for the iPhone have push ability while not directly in the application?

I was thinking about saving money when I upgrade to the 3g by cutting back from unlimited text to the 1500 plan and substitute in aim to cover the rest my texting addiction. Basically keeping my monthly bill the same instead of it costing an extra 10 dollars thanks to att.

Has anyone used the aim app enough to know if it is a viable solution for the sms app, ie it has push, is fast, and reliable.

Thanks

remember PUSH Notification Service only available in September, i tried that, you need to be in AIM app to get the msg...
  • Reply 31 of 54
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pyrofighting View Post

Im running 7.7 and I have no firewalls ... didnt work.

Try this, ...

Stop peppering this moderately small forum with stupid questions about an unrelated topic after offering almost no information to your purported helpers.

You could also try, ...

- RTFM

- re-boot your computer

- go the the help link on the application itself

- Ask Apple (the actual developer of the app)

In short, try all the standard things that everyone *should* try before wasting peoples time in a pubic forum where the topic has nothing to do with your problem. Then, maybe wait until the app is actually released so people have had a chance to try it out. Then, go to some other forum where tech help is actually offered (MacRumours is a good choice), and ask the other users of app about your problem.

Even shorter ... stop being an ass.
  • Reply 32 of 54
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    So far I've downloaded:

Super Monkey Ball

Bejewelled 2

Band

I wonder if Apple will release their own apps? Did anyone see that Space Shooter demo that Apple

created? Did anyone notice it in the App Store?
  • Reply 33 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theDuderino View Post

1. Can you stream music from an iPod Touch directly to an AirPort Express?

2. Can you connect an iPod Touch directly to a Mac via WiFi without a wireless router/ AirPort Express?

theDuderino

1. No

2. I just tested creating a network in the Airport menu of the host computer, connected to it with the iPhone, and Remote worked perfectly.
  • Reply 34 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mello View Post

I wonder if Apple will release their own apps?

They have, Remote and Texas Hold'em so far.
  • Reply 35 of 54
    Thanks so much for the info!
  • Reply 36 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Try this, ...

Stop peppering this moderately small forum with stupid questions about an unrelated topic after offering almost no information to your purported helpers.

You could also try, ...

- RTFM

- re-boot your computer

- go the the help link on the application itself

- Ask Apple (the actual developer of the app)

In short, try all the standard things that everyone *should* try before wasting peoples time in a pubic forum where the topic has nothing to do with your problem. Then, maybe wait until the app is actually released so people have had a chance to try it out. Then, go to some other forum where tech help is actually offered (MacRumours is a good choice), and ask the other users of app about your problem.

Even shorter ... stop being an ass.

Actually ASS, I did all that. No help, just thought a simple question good get answered by some fellow Mac users. You are truely the ASS though. LOL
  • Reply 37 of 54
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    Did Apple release the iPhone 2.0 update yet or are they officially doing that tomorrow?
  • Reply 38 of 54
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member
    If you have a first gen iPhone, you will only get a handful of AOL radio stations, and they sound like sh** on my car stereo.

As expected because you don't get a lot of bandwidth with EDGE. If you're connected via WiFi, you get all of the stations.
  • Reply 39 of 54
    jcassarajcassara Posts: 39member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple iTunes Remote

Features include:

- Control the music on iTunes or Apple lV

Yes! They've finally released the fabled Apple IV! Screw the iPhone! Where do I get in line for THAT baby?
  • Reply 40 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mello View Post

Did Apple release the iPhone 2.0 update yet or are they officially doing that tomorrow?

Still not officially released but several news sites have posted links to it. Most are speculating it's due to the fact that the release windows for some countries (like the U.S.) have not passed yet.