AT&T offers iPhone owners free access to 17,000 WiFi hotspots

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

Went in to two separate Starbucks locations this morning. Neither let me access the WiFi. The iPhone showed the network, but I was not allowed to log on.

I tried that too outside the movie theater yesterday. The Starbucks showed both the AT&T and T-Mobile access point but neither were working. They both technically connect as they are open, but when I accessed mobile Safari the URL name changes to some splash page, but never loads the page.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I tried that too outside the movie theater yesterday. The Starbucks showed both the AT&T and T-Mobile access point but neither were working. They both technically connect as they are open, but when I accessed mobile Safari the URL name changes to some splash page, but never loads the page.

Same here [sigh]
  • Reply 43 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

What kind of login page are people getting? I'm at Sbux now. I'm getting the login page, but it asks for ATT account email address and password, just like on my laptop. I do have ATT DSL so I login, and for me it connects.

When I hit the iTS on the iPhone, interestingly a Sbux button appears at the bottom alongside Featured, Top Ten, etc., but fails to load.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    +mimic+mimic Posts: 37member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8CoreWhore View Post

I used to think at&t worked closely with the Bush administration. Now I'm convinced THEY ARE THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION!

That is dumb. Hate just to be hatting. Not even logically linked. I guess with that logic, you want Barack Hussein Obama to win??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amerist View Post

Here's how to get a screen shot on the iPhone:

Push and hold the round home button and while pressing it, momentarily press the lock switch and the screen will briefly flash white.

In the camera roll will be a screen shot which gets uploaded with the rest of the pictures.

AFAIK this works on iPod touch as well.

EXCELLENT! THANKS!
  • Reply 45 of 46
    ravedogravedog Posts: 33member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hledgard View Post

I would like to get an iPhone WITHOUT the data plan, especially if it will work with wireless hotspots. Is that possible?

no data plans are mandatory if u sign up with AT&T.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ravedog View Post

no data plans are mandatory if u sign up with AT&T.

Shouldn't that be: "No. Data Plans are mandatory if you sign up with AT&T." ?