Maybe this will push Apple to update the mini!

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    phongphong Posts: 219member
    Has any Apple product gone more than a year without an update?

It seems really unprecedented in the industry. If it goes all the way to MWSF09, shouldn't we expect the performance to have doubled?
  • Reply 42 of 45
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phong View Post

It seems really unprecedented in the industry. If it goes all the way to MWSF09, shouldn't we expect the performance to have doubled?

Mac Pro 500 plus days.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    The Mac Pros were updated in January.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

The Mac Pros were updated in January.

And the 500 plus days are from the first release of the Mac Pro in August 2006 until the Mac Pro 2008 release is 500 plus days. As best as I can remember it was 511 days.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phong View Post

The G4 sunflower iMac did once. I am annoyed more now about the mini not getting updated than I was about the iMac G4 not getting updated. At least back then, we all knew about the struggle of getting faster chips from Motorola. Now with Intel there should be NO excuse. Although with a wait this long, Apple must have something up their sleeve ?*whether they intend to kill the Mac mini or re-vamp it completely.