Apple warns resellers of Mac and iPod drought, says load up now

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

I didn't see a thing about iPhone shortages in this article. It was all about the iPods and notebooks.

Well, if you would actually red my last post carefully, you'd see what I said.
  • Reply 62 of 66
  • Reply 63 of 66
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

September? God Apple's fucking slow...

I think the problem emanates from the size of fronts Apple has to battle against today. Apple is not so big to handle in time such a variety of produtcs while guaranteeing high quality.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

If you both are talking about the iPhone, then neither of you have actually looked.

Well did you read the TITLE of the thread Macs and iPods, it was my understanding that Apple views the iPhone as separate to these, its obvious that there is and has been supply issues for the iPhone, but as thats not in the TITLE of the thread It wasn't part of my admittedly short enquiry.
  • Reply 65 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Well, if you would actually red my last post carefully, you'd see what I said.

didn't know there were product Red iPhones

I've been waiting on the supply to flow more freely as well. I thought there were restrictions on how many you buy? 3.. good luck with that

--

I know its limited to ONE here. http://www.o2.co.uk/
  • Reply 66 of 66
    I'd like to get a Mac Mini so I can play TV shows from network sites like fox.com and nbc.com onto my big screen tv. Why buy a Tivo when the networks offer their full shows online a week later, and with much shorter commercials than when they were on TV? I know AppleTV can play YouTube but I don't think it can connect to network tv's free web sites.

Then I see the Back-to-school special, and if you look at the MacBook that starts at $999 with the educational discount, and throw in the $300 off of an iPod too, you can get a much better machine than the Mac Mini for around the same price, and it's a laptop for when you leave the house.

I could understand waiting for the new releases in Sept. or Oct. if you are going to spend $2500 on a Macbook Pro. But I don't know if it's worth waiting on something like the $999 Macbook. What are the chances that the new Macbook is going to have even more than $300 worth of improvements? You might lose out by waiting past the sale.

I will probably wait until Sept 15th, the last day of the sale, to see if the new ones come out before then and apply to the sale, or if anything more is known about the improvements. Either way, you really can't go wrong with whatever you end up with when it comes to Apple these days compared to what PCs have turned into lately.