Apple poised for special event this September

1101112131416»

Comments

• Reply 301 of 311
    wobegonwobegon Posts: 764member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kerith View Post

I know, I know. But as a dad, I figure it's my job to gently let them know it's a cruel, hard world out there. They need to learn that those nightmares that they heard about as a child - pc computers - aren't just horrible rumors, but are in fact (shudder) true. If they can adjust to such a cold, harsh operating system, they'll be able to handle anything that life throws at them...

;-)

Good man. God though, they were so young.

*has no idea of their ages*

Better than having buyer's remorse when the new Macs debut, right?
  • Reply 302 of 311
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

Good man. God though, they were so young.

*has no idea of their ages*

Better than having buyer's remorse when the new Macs debut, right?

Absotively. I know they're young, but those PCs will make men out of them really fast. Working with Windose, they'll develop all kinds of good things - patience, stamina, endurance, ulcers...

• Reply 303 of 311
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kerith View Post

Absotively. I know they're young, but those PCs will make men out of them really fast. Working with Windose, they'll develop all kinds of good things - patience, stamina, endurance, ulcers...

ToughLove! You're a good dad.
  • Reply 304 of 311
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    It seems the allegedly the September event is going to bring (1) new MacBooks, (2) new MacBook Pros, (3) news on the fate of the Mini (upgrade or replacement) (4) new iPods, nanos and iPod Touchs.

That is a heck of a lot, so I think it would be fair to say that Apple could only bring these things out at the same time if one was a minor bump of little consequence. New MacBook designs are well talked about, whilst the Mini would surely have been bumped long ago if that is all it was going to get, but could the MacBook Pros, or iPod upgrades just be spec and price changes? I'd eat my hat if ALL of these products received design changes.
  • Reply 305 of 311
    dfndfn Posts: 6member
    Ah sod it. If no event is announced on Tuesday I'm getting a refurb Macbook Pro. Can't actually wait any longer
  • Reply 306 of 311
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I think this coming week will be interesting to see if the invites do go out. I am wondering if Apple would schedule an event for the Tuesday September 2 or Wednesday September 3? Monday is Labor Day in the United States, although that didn't stop Apple from debuting the 24-inch iMac on the Tuesday after labor day a few years ago.
  • Reply 307 of 311
    In an iPhone world (just count the posts and hits compared with anything else), there are still those of us who hope for something dramatic in the iMac space. Perhaps the long-promised LED screens? A version with docking for MBA, making the duo a really strong solution for the frequent traveling home office consultant? It's been quite awhile since I've seen any stir about the core desktop business (yes, I depend on my trusty laptop, but there are some things that really benefit from desktop resources and super screen sizes). One can but hope.\
  • Reply 308 of 311
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buzzwriter View Post

In an iPhone world (just count the posts and hits compared with anything else), there are still those of us who hope for something dramatic in the iMac space. Perhaps the long-promised LED screens? A version with docking for MBA, making the duo a really strong solution for the frequent traveling home office consultant? It's been quite awhile since I've seen any stir about the core desktop business (yes, I depend on my trusty laptop, but there are some things that really benefit from desktop resources and super screen sizes). One can but hope.\

I hope they don't do this as an iMac update - though it's an interesting product in itself.

Apple has a tradition of offering an unusual product that 50% of people LOVE - and the other 50% wonder why anyone would use it. Other companies offer expected products that nearly everyone think is reasonable. Of course this works great for Apple.

If Apple decides on doing something which converts from portable to desktop, I could see something more like a 9 inch tablet (offering only iPod Touch apps and iWork), that can be slotted onto a stand to become a screen with keyboard (and optional MBA-like DVD drive?)

.... So that'd be a small, inexpensive web browsing and word processing computer (that can also play movies) when on your desk. Then pull off the screen and have a BIG iPod touch.
  • Reply 309 of 311
    There is a site where you can bet play money on questions like this. Here is where you can go to register and pick up your $2000 grubstake (of play money): http://www.hubdub.com/s/BVSZ5CC79K

I've posted the question, "What will Apple's 'product transition' be?", along with the following nine choices and their current odds, at this location: http://www.hubdub.com/m14893/What_wi..._Transition_be

\tA video encode/decode chip in any Mac &/or iPod \t20% \t

\t

\tSome other specialized chip in any Mac &/or iPod \t9%

\t

\tLEDs to provide backlighting in any Mac &/or iPod \t9%

\t

\tBundled third-party software in any Apple product \t5%

\t

\tSomething other than the above in any Mac (only) \t9%

\t

\tSomething other than the above in any iPod (only) \t 9%

\t

\tSomething other than the above in both Mac & iPod 10%

\t

\tSomething other than the above for the iPhone \t 2%

\t

\tSomething else (for Apple TV, a new product, etc.) \t28%

PS: If you search for Apple on that site you'll find over a dozen other questions you can "bet" on.
  • Reply 310 of 311
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roger Knights View Post

There is a site where you can bet play money on questions like this. Here is where you can go to register and pick up your $2000 grubstake (of play money): http://www.hubdub.com/s/BVSZ5CC79K

I've posted the question, "What will Apple's 'product transition' be?", along with the following nine choices and their current odds, at this location: http://www.hubdub.com/m14893/What_wi..._Transition_be

\tA video encode/decode chip in any Mac &/or iPod \t20% \t

\t

\tSome other specialized chip in any Mac &/or iPod \t9%

\t

\tLEDs to provide backlighting in any Mac &/or iPod \t9%

\t

\tBundled third-party software in any Apple product \t5%

\t

\tSomething other than the above in any Mac (only) \t9%

\t

\tSomething other than the above in any iPod (only) \t 9%

\t

\tSomething other than the above in both Mac & iPod 10%

\t

\tSomething other than the above for the iPhone \t 2%

\t

\tSomething else (for Apple TV, a new product, etc.) \t28%

PS: If you search for Apple on that site you'll find over a dozen other questions you can "bet" on.

Spam again.
  • Reply 311 of 311
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    I spent half the labor day weekend clicking on those little red exclamation points to report posts as spam. You need to take over for me because I'm just tired of it.

Anyways, notning to do today in the office so I'm just hanging out and surfing the web about apple news.....and that google chrome announcement.

And as I surf, and as I already know it will be in january's Macworld, I'm slowly rocking back and forth in my office chair mumbling....."tablet....taaaaablet.....tabbbbbblet ......tabeletooooooo........teeebeee tabbeeee tableeetooooo".