Will the Apple R&D building fire cancel upcoming products?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    I'm so glad it turns out that it was not an important building that was on fire. Well.......nevermind then.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbmcavoy View Post

Nah, but when they get the bugs worked out, those future laptops will have kick-ass batteries!

• Reply 23 of 29
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    I wonder if they were doing battery reliability tests on the 1st gen iPod nano...?
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

I wonder if they were doing battery reliability tests on the 1st gen iPod nano...?

Testing MagSafe power connectors, perhaps.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Actually, I hear the fire started as a result of an epic battle between kormac76 & Steve Jobs, a la Dragonball Z?!

When it was apparent that the Apple Legal Ninja Death Squad was no match for kormac76, Steve stepped into the fray. Must have used to much power in his RDF Attack, with the overflow sparking off the fire?
  • Reply 26 of 29
    It wouldn't hold up any products due to be released soon. I know Apple has been pushing pretty fast to market lately, but there's no way that something still in R&D would be hitting the market in September.

I know you young kids are all used to believing that you can think up a product idea, send an email and a wire transfer to China, and a week later there will be 10,000 widgets delivered to your door.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Esteban View Post

It wouldn't hold up any products due to be released soon. I know Apple has been pushing pretty fast to market lately, but there's no way that something still in R&D would be hitting the market in September.

I know you young kids are all used to believing that you can think up a product idea, send an email and a wire transfer to China, and a week later there will be 10,000 widgets delivered to your door.

No but see I already took that into account. I was more worried that upcoming products for late 09 or 2010 might have been effected.

I was worried that the Apple 3d holoprojector might have been delayed. \
  • Reply 28 of 29
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    You worry too much!
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

You worry too much!

Lets be serious for a sec. It is my opinion now that the Newton 2 or iphone pro or mac tabelt will not debut until macworld 09. As hard as I wish for it to be in 2008 it looking more like 09 all the time.

September more than likely will be the new ipods AND new macbooks because of the Intel chip delay earlier this year.

That, along with trying to keep up with the 3G reception bugs and mobileme problems leads me to believe they wouldn't have time to debut the mactouch. So I'm guessing now macworld 09.

I was just afraid the fire would delay it even further.

But that is not a concern any longer.