RANT - Sorry but the iPhone 3G really isn't very good!!

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archipellago View Post

I'll reply to the others and then not post in this thread again.

How's that goin' Arch?
  • Reply 42 of 43
    hvalhval Posts: 6member
    I thought I was alone with my iPhone problems. It is regrettable, and sad, to see I am not. I am on my second iPhone. Apple were not too happy when I got them to swap it - after many weeeks of trying things. All my tests have been carried out in conjunction of carrying out tests with 2 Sony Ericssons and one Nokia. All have full telephone signal and 3G signal - and work. Unlike the iPhone.

1.\tWireless network. Gets 1 bar as a signal even when I am 1 metre away from the wireless hub. My previous iPhone had a better signal

2.\tkeyboard lag sometimes texting

3.\tsafari crashes

4.\tAddress book lag

5.\tCan?t get a 3g connection even in 3g areas (tested with two Sony Ericsson phones and one Nokia phone)

6.\tPhone doesn?t like working when 3G turned on (phone signal drops to one bar or zero bars)

7.\tHave swapped sim cards. No difference

8.\tHave swapped iPhones. Wireless network signal worse on replacement phone. 3G signal very slightly better

9.\tHave already had a courtesy exchange. Wasn?t a warranty exchange (on first iPhone wireless was fine, just couldn?t use 3G or phone)

10.\tSays I have a signal then tells me I don?t when I try and use phone

11.\tWorks intermittently in areas where it may be fine. Then tells me I ave no signal

Try resetting the phone (done. Phone signal shows as being better, but isn?t.. No improvement elsewhere either.

Since the update the other day my phone crashes consistently when using Safari.

Go to iphonespeedtest.com to test connection speed ? is 145.3 kbps
  • Reply 43 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hval View Post

I thought I was alone with my iPhone problems. It is regrettable, and sad, to see I am not. I am on my second iPhone. Apple were not too happy when I got them to swap it - after many weeeks of trying things. All my tests have been carried out in conjunction of carrying out tests with 2 Sony Ericssons and one Nokia. All have full telephone signal and 3G signal - and work. Unlike the iPhone.

1.\tWireless network. Gets 1 bar as a signal even when I am 1 metre away from the wireless hub. My previous iPhone had a better signal

2.\tkeyboard lag sometimes texting

3.\tsafari crashes

4.\tAddress book lag

5.\tCan?t get a 3g connection even in 3g areas (tested with two Sony Ericsson phones and one Nokia phone)

6.\tPhone doesn?t like working when 3G turned on (phone signal drops to one bar or zero bars)

7.\tHave swapped sim cards. No difference

8.\tHave swapped iPhones. Wireless network signal worse on replacement phone. 3G signal very slightly better

9.\tHave already had a courtesy exchange. Wasn?t a warranty exchange (on first iPhone wireless was fine, just couldn?t use 3G or phone)

10.\tSays I have a signal then tells me I don?t when I try and use phone

11.\tWorks intermittently in areas where it may be fine. Then tells me I ave no signal

Try resetting the phone (done. Phone signal shows as being better, but isn?t.. No improvement elsewhere either.

Since the update the other day my phone crashes consistently when using Safari.

Go to iphonespeedtest.com to test connection speed ? is 145.3 kbps

If your issues are reproducible (especially the wifi issue) you should be able to replace your phone. I'm sure the Apple store has wifi. If you cannot get a decent signal in the store, they have little choice but to fix it or replace it.