iPhone snags cover of Best Buy circular ahead of Sunday's launch

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Boycott appleinsider now that they have sunk to a new low with political advertisements.

The website should stick with advertisements based on their content, not to promote their political beliefs.

The ads have absolutely nothing to do with our political views and we certainly did not commission their inclusion, regardless of which party they favor. I've just sent a nasty email to the partner responsible for slipping these into our rotation and they should hopefully be removed sometime today.

You have my apologies, but know that we are not in immediate control of every single advertisement that spins on AppleInsider. If I policed ads constantly, there would be a lot less news getting published.

Thanks,

K
  • Reply 42 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

When you offer advertising space for sale you can't refuse to sell it to someone just because you don't like their message - only if the content is offensive to the general public, illegal, misleading, false, or does not conform to your technical requirements can you refuse to accept it.

Just let him go, he can spend his time looking for a site somewhere that never has any political ads at all ever.

Good luck finding THAT.....

Frankly, I find the Blackberry ads a little more troubling from an Apple point of view.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wbrasington View Post

Just let him go, he can spend his time looking for a site somewhere that never has any political ads at all ever.

Good luck finding THAT.....

Frankly, I find the Blackberry ads a little more troubling from an Apple point of view.

We did receive quite a few email complaints. I've received word that the ads have been pulled and will disappear from the rotation within the next three hours, FWIW.

Best,

K
  • Reply 44 of 46
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

That sounds more like a Win-Win for Best Buy especially when they have every phone imaginable for sale and the Geek Squad starts to say " Oh you can get the same features in this Samsung for less- bla, bla , bla"

They can say the same thing whether or not they offer the iPhone. But now they can actually offer one to those that actually want one rather than pushing something that most customers probably didn't want or turning the business away.

At least with iPods, or any product for that matter, they didn't try to promote a product I didn't request. If I didn't ask about the Samsung, I wasn't offered one.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    I am holding out for a 32GB iPhone. I was hoping this "update" would see a 32GB model for the Xmas season. From that advertisement it doesn't look like it is going to happen.

Perhaps it will come later, or perhaps I will have to wait until Jan/Feb 2009.

Cheers,

Ashley.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrhatken View Post

I am holding out for a 32GB iPhone. I was hoping this "update" would see a 32GB model for the Xmas season. From that advertisement it doesn't look like it is going to happen.

Perhaps it will come later, or perhaps I will have to wait until Jan/Feb 2009.

Cheers,

Ashley.

If Apple follows it's iPhone and Touch history for it's product refreshes then a 32GB iPhone won't be expected until early 2009. It was Feb. 5th, 2008, about 7 months after the iPhone release that Apple added the 32GB Touch and the 16GB iPhone to the lineup. This gives Apple a chance to offer a new model each year with a capacity bump coming about 6 months down the road.

Also, it seems that Apple wants the Touch to stand out from the iPhone by having more capacity. If that is the case then 64GB (in 2x32GB) chips will have to be considerably cheaper than they are now. Because of the exponential growth of Flash, this could delay a 128GB Touch at a reasonable pricepoint from being available for a couple years. If that is the case, Apple may want to spread the capacity updates out longer.