124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Submit it to Apple.

Offer obvious advice.

(Yes, this design flaw has been brought to apple's attention numerous times through the official channels.)
  • Reply 62 of 70
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Offer obvious advice.

It might seem obvious, people find it easier to bitch about issues than to makes inroads to fix them. Kudos for letting them know.
  • Reply 63 of 70
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

It might seem obvious, people find it easier to bitch about issues than to makes inroads to fix them. Kudos for letting them know.

So rather than saying "my bad" you're going down the "I assume everyone is merely a bitch" route?

Thanks.
  • Reply 64 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

So rather than saying "my bad" you're going down the "I assume everyone is merely a bitch" route?

Thanks.

You've been here since 2002 so you know the posters better than I. I don't assume that everyone only bitches, but the odds are in favour of complaining for the sake of complaining around here.

My apologies for assuming the worst.
  • Reply 65 of 70
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    The visualizer in iTunes 8 is wicked.

Imagine it playing on two big screen displays hung on the wall. Hell-ya!
  • Reply 66 of 70
    Is there any way to have the visualizer running on a second monitor while controlling iTunes on the other?
  • Reply 67 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ringo20000 View Post

Is there any way to have the visualizer running on a second monitor while controlling iTunes on the other?

Google it, but the only workaround I've seen involves having a 2nd version of iTunes running on the other display to be the visualizer.
  • Reply 68 of 70
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ringo20000 View Post

Yes. With playlists you can. Double click on a playlist so it opens in a second window. Go back to the main window and turn on the visualizer. Now you can control the playlist window while the visualizer is playing on a second display.

Edit to add: By the way. If you have two displays and want to see the visualizer on both displays, here's a nice trick. Open System Preferences, Universal Access, Click "Turn On Zoom." Open iTunes, play a song, and turn on the visualizer in window mode (not full screen). Hold down the Command and Option keys while tapping the "+" key a few times to zoom in on the iTunes window. Use the mouse to center the iTunes visualization window so it spreads across all active screens (resizing the iTunes window may be needed.)

Voila! "Full screen" visualization across multiple displays.
  • Reply 69 of 70
    I find iTunes 8 pretty good,

the Genius bar is more of a mix, of course it can't get all the songs you like cause its a computer...., but its pretty close and some songs that you might have forgotten or never listen for a long time is certainly welcoming. Oh yea, due to Apple have poor collection of Asian songs, especially Chinese, Japanese and Korean, Genius will give stupid results. Can't blame them though, cause the iTunes Music Store dont have a strong collection of asian artist, I hope they will in the future. Would love if Jay Chou will allow fans to download his album from the music store

the new Album art view is pretty good, the only thing I dont like is that you cant resize it using multitouch like iPhoto, dont know why you can't though.

Coverflow seems the same, only wished that it can work like the iPod coverflow when in full screen.

I love the new Visualizer ,

Here is some extra controls that is not listed in the Visualizer help panel:

A/S for more/less particles

+/- for increase/decrease intensity.

Thanks for the Virtualization tip, always wondered how to view it in full screen and still can use my default monitor.

I wonder with starting to adopt black themes into their softwares meaning that the OS X SL will have a darker theme?
  • Reply 70 of 70
    Is it just me or has the 'convert to ipod' function for movies / tv shows disappeared? There is a 'create apple tv version' but nothing for ipod/iphone...