Apple posts "Let's Rock" event QuickTime stream

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday evening gave those left out of the Yerba Buena Center a video stream of the company's iPod and iTunes introductions.



The stream-only video currently captures the entirety of Apple's "Let's Rock" event.



At the special music gathering, Apple's event was headlined by iTunes 8, which adds a new Genius feature for automatic playlist creation as well as HD resolution TV shows and a new Grid view for browsing by album and show covers. NBC Universal shows are returning to iTunes along with the update.



The most significant device release was the fourth-generation iPod nano. Aside from significantly revamping the design, Apple has given the player a new interface and a hardware twist borrowed from the iPod touch: as revealed by AppleInsider just before the launch, the fourth iteration of the iPod nano is the first with an accelerometer that enables an easy Cover Flow mode. It also brings quicker photo browsing and a shake-to-shuffle control for music.



Apple also took the opportunity to introduce a reworked iPod touch with hardware volume controls and built-in Nike + iPod support, a 120GB iPod classic, and rejuvenated color choices for the iPod shuffle.



The company also set the launch of 2.1 firmware for Friday with a focus on bug fixes, and introduced brand-new earphones that include the first-ever in-line mic for iPods and Apple's first high-end, in-canal earbuds.







Lastly, AppleInsider has collected additional notes about the event, including Steve Jobs' own statements on his health.
«13

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 46
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,946member
    I got in! That's the first time I've got in on the first day of a keynote stream. Nice.
  • Reply 2 of 46
    Steve looks a lot healthier this time. <whew> Skinny, but healthier.



    Skinny ain't hurt no one!
  • Reply 3 of 46
    wallywally Posts: 211member
    Does anyone know the song they used in the new nano ad?
  • Reply 4 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wally View Post


    Does anyone know the song they used in the new nano ad?



    "Bruises," by Chairlift from the album, "Does You Inspire You." All it took was a little Google search.
  • Reply 5 of 46
    wallywally Posts: 211member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lemmy Caution View Post


    All it took was a little Google search.



    Thanks for that. I did use google and if you do a search for "song used in new iPod nano ad" all the results relate to last years ad.... so that's why I asked here...
  • Reply 6 of 46
    Just watched the keynote and am VERY impressed. Love the beautiful new nanos. Using the entire spectrum should be their default from now on!





    ....one more thing.....



    I am a big fan of apple's software and whenever they release a new version of OSX, iLife, or iWork, I get pretty excited.



    Did anyone notice the effects used in Steve's keynote today? Many were different, especially the "beam in effect" straight out of star trek, and the effect that took letters and numbers and rearranged them to make new words from words on the previous slide.



    I think we're getting a look at the beta version of the newest version of Keynote.



    Great address. Worth the wait.
  • Reply 7 of 46
    apsaps Posts: 3member
    Does anyone know what the last song played (when people start leaving their seats) is ?
  • Reply 8 of 46
    irelandireland Posts: 17,491member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacFitzPro


    Did anyone notice the effects used in Steve's keynote today? Many were different, especially the "beam in effect" straight out of star trek, and the effect that took letters and numbers and rearranged them to make new words from words on the previous slide.



    I think we're getting a look at the beta version of the newest version of Keynote.



    Great address. Worth the wait.



    Nothing looked new to me in the keynote software he was using.
  • Reply 9 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aps View Post


    Does anyone know what the last song played (when people start leaving their seats) is ?



    I think it was Forever Man by Eric Clapton.
  • Reply 10 of 46
    dm3dm3 Posts: 147member
    gotta wonder about apple.



    This is an IPOD event.



    Yet the posted video will not play on the Apple iPhone.



    I thought apple would be really careful to enable iPhone support to help showcase their products.
  • Reply 11 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dm3 View Post


    gotta wonder about apple.



    This is an IPOD event.



    Yet the posted video will not play on the Apple iPhone.



    I thought apple would be really careful to enable iPhone support to help showcase their products.



    I think the last one was posted on iTunes a while after the event, maybe a few days after. I think. Maybe.
  • Reply 12 of 46
    apsaps Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    I think it was Forever Man by Eric Clapton.



    Unfortunately, its not. Does anyone know?
  • Reply 13 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aps View Post


    Unfortunately, its not. Does anyone know?





    'Layla'!

  • Reply 14 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samurai1999 View Post




    'Layla'!





    Just went back to listen again, it is Layla. I was pretty close for a 5 second listen an hour prior.
  • Reply 15 of 46
    apsaps Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samurai1999 View Post




    'layla'!





    it is !!!!
  • Reply 16 of 46
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,946member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by walshbj View Post


    I think the last one was posted on iTunes a while after the event, maybe a few days after. I think. Maybe.



    Most keynotes and special events are posted as video podcasts a few days later.
  • Reply 17 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post


    Most keynotes and special events are posted as video podcasts a few days later.



    They are getting faster...
  • Reply 18 of 46
    I've never seen Steve this unenthusiastic about a new product lineup. The words were coming out of his mouth, but it didn't really sound like he believed in what he was selling.
  • Reply 19 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex3917 View Post


    I've never seen Steve this unenthusiastic about a new product lineup. The words were coming out of his mouth, but it didn't really sound like he believed in what he was selling.



    Thats cos he has not reinvented the wheel. He knows it, I know it, you know it. No point in overplaying the products, else you end up with a cry wolf situation.



    I feel it was a great upgrade, all in all. And steve was as upbeat as was warranted.
  • Reply 20 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    Nothing looked new to me in the keynote software he was using.



    No, the magical glowing sparkles effect is new. I use Keynote a lot.
Sign In or Register to comment.