Review: Apple's fourth-generation iPod nano

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    Be aware that if you're going to use your nano 4G while walking, exercising, etc and intend to make casual adjustments using the click wheel like previous iPods, then the nano 4G is not for you. Holding the nano horizontally in your hand (a normal position, I'd say) will activate the Coverflow screen and thus block access to volume and other buttons until you position the nano upright again. It's a huge oversight on Apple's part, but so far no word on a firmware / software update that will provide an option to disable an auto-activated Coverflow screen. Apple is often extremely hesitant in addressing their customers' concerns, so I'd really recommend that you either wait until this problem is corrected or buy the nano 3G. You should read the Discussions on Apple's website to see the extent of dissatisfaction about this problem.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    ffass, just press the button on the headphones ($29).

you can change volume, next and previous track, pause and play.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dm3 View Post

I'm personally unimpressed with the 4G nano. Its the first time its not significantly better than the previous generation.

For all the joking about the fatboy, its extremely comfortable to hold and use. The 3G nano feels tiny but has a BIGGER screen than the 4G. I don't see that anything significant has been added to the 4G. Double the memory is about it, and a simple price drop could have accomplished that.

I think Apple is thinking fashion to much and too the fatboy criticism too seriously and didn't realize people liked it just fine after it was released.

I also like that the 3G nano is smooth and rounded all over, where as noted the 4G has rough sharp edges at the top and bottom. Seems that they could have smoothed that down some. I'd be tempted to break out the sandpaper.

I just bought my wife the 4g . ITS ok . my first nano . my wife will never use most of th stuff it can do thiu.

I too is leaning towards gettig a 160 g classic refub or a 120g classic. would like more touch features in a 320g classic or more classic hard drive in an 84g touch.Or a classic touch with 2 drives inside. Besides a MBP 13" 3 chip.