Apple releases Mac OS X 10.5.5 Update

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 106
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MartiNZ View Post

Apple say? I've never had them say anything to any of the many feedback reports I have submitted over the years. In fact as I wrote at Mac Rumours, I prefer to think of them printing out all my reports and making some kind of odd pattern with them, then laughing but just continuing to ignore them, forever.

Did you report them on the Apple Support Forums or on the Feedback app in your Dock.

The Apple Forums will almost always respond, but you'll probably never receive an answer from the Feedback app.
  • Reply 102 of 106
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Did you report them on the Apple Support Forums or on the Feedback app in your Dock.

The Apple Forums will almost always respond, but you'll probably never receive an answer from the Feedback app.

I only report things to apple.com/feedback. The Apple Support Forums are packed to the gills with so much rubbish that I'm surprised they get anything useful from there.
  • Reply 103 of 106
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    get a free developer account and report through the bug tracker, taking care to follow the template for what makes a good bug report.
  • Reply 104 of 106
    That does sound like a plan. For now I can report:

Problems with Finder FTP still exist - errors copying files off shares, random timeouts while browsing (check/tick)

Random failure to reconnect to SMB shares still (check/tick)

Random reset of display colour calibration on wake from sleep still happens (check/tick)

Failure to update time after restarting from using Windows (boot camp) and even very slow to update when 'forced' (check/tick).

I am, however, yet to see the usual MBP Feb '08 graphical corruption that has existed since Apple's 'Leopard Graphics Update'. Maybe the graphical improvements in 10.5.5 sussed it.
  • Reply 105 of 106
    I have problems with OS 10.5.5

IDISK utility wont work. it crashes and hangs up. program won't work at all.

I uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problem.

10.5.5 ain't ready for primetime and i am sorry i upgraded!!
  • Reply 106 of 106
    Did this break shared networking in Paralels for anyone else? Doesn't matter what I do with my network sharing stuff in the System Preferences, shared networking no longer works - in VM's that worked fine right before the update.

Bridged networking is the only thing that works for me now.