iPhone owners wrestle with missing e-mail downloads

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 87
    adjeiadjei Posts: 738member
    Yes we get it, Apple and the iphone are horrible, no go out and purchase your perfect phones.
  • Reply 82 of 87
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Adjei View Post

Yes we get it, Apple and the iphone are horrible, no go out and purchase your perfect phones.

Was your comment really necessary?

Plenty of individuals are here trying to give scenarios and advice to help alleviate the issue... and you make a statement such as this.

I'll never understand what goes through the mind of an individual when they hit "reply" and make a comment like that.

This wasn't as much of a problem previously and if it was, it's certainly more visible via websites and community forums now.

Aside from that, 2.1 has been nothing but positive for me as the phone is much more responsive overall. In fact, I was absolutely ecstatic with the device until I found out this was broken.
  • Reply 83 of 87
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Adjei View Post

It is a great device. It has bugs that people want to discuss, hopefully with an eye to some way to resolve the bugs. Deal with it.
  • Reply 84 of 87
    For some reason my wife and I have always had trouble fetching email from Comcast and pushing email from Gmail since we got our phone back in early August. 2.1 seemed to fix the problem initially (phone would get email for a few days), but now we have to re-boot the phone to get emails. If one has typed an email and the phone can't connect, no draft is saved (chalk it up to typing practice) - this needs to be fixed. I am wondering if it isn't partially Comcast not fully supporting the iPhone (since they have their own beta program for accessing email from an iPhone).

2.1 has definitely improved power mgmt./battery life!
  • Reply 85 of 87
    For the record:

A completely formatted, un-jailbroken 100% official firmware run iPhone still has the issue. I didn't even sync any contacts or calendar entries; Just music and apps.
  • Reply 86 of 87
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

have you thought of simply running an IMAP account which would give you all mail both sent and received from all computers and phones using same account? I understand this doesn't sync anything else but is sure works fine for e-mail,

That would be great if I didnt have enterprise email for work.
  • Reply 87 of 87
    Apple developers simply don't know how to write good code. And there's no one within the company anymore that can teach the few who do have the potential talent. Apple: shambolic.