New photo may reveal more of Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro

Comments

• Reply 41 of 91
    monstrositymonstrosity Posts: 2,234member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I believe it's simply a water flowjet cutter. This process has been around for years!

Doesnt seem right that water should do that.

I wonder what the range is on it, if you could say slice an arm off at 10meters.
  • Reply 42 of 91
    robb01robb01 Posts: 148member
    The 14th is so close.....

• Reply 43 of 91
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I don't see a Express/34 slot. This would be the dead giveaway whether it's a Pro or plain 'ol regular MacBook.
  • Reply 44 of 91
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Doesnt seem right that water should do that.

I wonder what the range is on it, if you could say slice an arm off at 10meters.

Water jet is at a very high pressure. I think they sometimes also use the water to carry some kind of media too, something like micro granules, as an abrasive. I forget. Water jet isn't very good over longer distances, I think the effective range is measured in inches, not feet. I don't have personal experience with the process, though I knew people that did.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

I don't see a Express/34 slot. This would be the dead giveaway whether it's a Pro or plain 'ol regular MacBook.

But it isn't as if they can't move the slot to the other side.
  • Reply 45 of 91
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

DisplayPort can do 10.8Gb/s now. I couldn't care less if it's HDMi or DP, i just don't want the overly large DL-DVI used anymore.

I agree, the size of the DVI connector is cumbersome for notebooks. I guess it doesn't matter either way, but I would like to see it become one general connector standard, that way a display device is a display device without having to worry about keeping a bag of adapters and converters, plug the cable in and it works.
  • Reply 46 of 91
    wobegonwobegon Posts: 764member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gar View Post

you forgot a Firewire 800 port. The latest port visible is probably the Ethernet port or another Firewire 800 port. (it looks slightly wider than the Firewire 800 port on the left (enough space for a Video out port a MagSafe power port and your Mini-DVI port is to small for a Mini-DVI port. It's even to small for the micro-DVI port like the MB air has, which is about the same size as an USB port. Maybe It's a Kensington cable lock slot.

True, that's debatable. I guess it's a security lock slot. And if that's true, perhaps that second USB port is, in fact, a Micro-DVI port, which would make more sense.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gar View Post

Nonsense... the MagSafe Power Adapter are interchangeable between MB (60W, which keeps your MBP up and running but hardly charges it) and the MBP MagSafe Power Adapter. (85W)

I think you misunderstood what I was talking about. The MacBook's MagSafe port is smaller than the MacBook Pro's MagSafe port (at least as far as I can tell):

So, obviously the MacBook's MagSafe connector can be connected to a MacBook Pro's MagSafe port.
  • Reply 47 of 91
    Oh my god...that's gorgeous. I was really hoping for the glass trackpad rumors, even if it's much smaller. Think of the possibilities.... No one should be touching up their main display, but a lower display that can provide feedback, the dock, etc. Wow, that would really add some innovation to laptops and Mac OS X. Come on Steve...innovate and we'll pay the high price for it!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

found this on macrumors... the iWant...onenow...

• Reply 48 of 91
    That is far too large. If the keyboard is full-size, then that screen is massive and makes the machine how deep?

A much smaller screen makes more sense. I personally would prefer none, but that's because I use my MBP as a desktop 75% of the time.
  • Reply 49 of 91
    wobegonwobegon Posts: 764member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applebook View Post

That is far too large. If the keyboard is full-size, then that screen is massive and makes the machine how deep?

A much smaller screen makes more sense. I personally would prefer none, but that's because I use my MBP as a desktop 75% of the time.

I prefer DED's prediction:

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...-iphone-touch/
  • Reply 50 of 91
    I want to know who the idiot is that has access to the hardware like this, but only sneaks a single blurry super zoomed-in photo and calls it a day?
  • Reply 51 of 91
    I don't know, something funny is going on with that edge between the perforations and the keyboard holes... the splash of light doesn't seem to agree with the rest of the line. Maybe it's a seam between an image of the MBP's perforations and an image of the MBA's keyboard tray. Just mess with the port cutouts on the side, and you have a rumor.

I hope it's real, because I like that it doesn't seem to stray too far from today's proven design... but I wouldn't be surprised if it proves to be fake.
  • Reply 52 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dcorban View Post

I want to know who the idiot is that has access to the hardware like this, but only sneaks a single blurry super zoomed-in photo and calls it a day?

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/images...iphonegirl.jpg
  • Reply 53 of 91
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member

I think it's a natural progression of the multi-touch trackpad that Apple is already using but I think that DED's depiction isn't wide enough, and I don't think that the physical mouse button will be replaced or made smaller than it already is on the MBA.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fishbert View Post

I don't know, something funny is going on with that edge between the perforations and the keyboard holes...

You're right. It does look like it a glued together. I am not convinced that it's an aluminium case being shown.
  • Reply 54 of 91
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    We're all getting confused and way too overhyped. The new MacBooks will be Air-like, that is all.
  • Reply 55 of 91
    Quote:

I'd hit it.
  • Reply 57 of 91
    New 13" MacBook:

(aluminum, available in 5 colors including silver, all with "white" keyboards)

New 15" & 17" MacBook Pros:

(available only in silver, both with black, backlit keyboards)

All three will have an Air-like tapered exterior shape to them, lager trackpads, chicklet keys and mag latches.
  • Reply 58 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eppies

These mean nothing. When will they be out? That's what I need to know!

That's nothing more than a white MacBook case snapped at odd angles in dim light, movin' on.
  • Reply 59 of 91
    Ireland, I love those MB and MBP mockup, looks really good. I dont mind the MBP has a non-tapered bottom edges.

Wobegon and monstrosity, I do hope the glass rumors will be true because thats the only possible way that I can think of to make a truly touch display without having to deal without having to poke up your notebook screen.
  • Reply 60 of 91
    Ireland, I love those MB and MBP mockup, looks really good. I dont mind the MBP has a non-tapered bottom edges.

Wobegon and monstrosity, I do hope the glass rumors will be true because thats the only possible way that I can think of to make a truly touch display without having to deal without having to poke up your notebook screen.