Hints from Epson...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    Well, I think the G5 is coming, and is comig rather sooner than later, but I wouldn't bet on those "references" from Epson, that may as well be an assumption that it will also wok on the G5, or a typo of the "G3/G4/G5/G6/G7/G8/G9/G10..oops maybe I should go on with the text now"-kind.

And vuescan may only be enjoying the extra hits and media attention they get from such statements.

G-News
  • Reply 22 of 25
    It would not be a suprise to me if other companies have licensed VueScan to be the scanner software for their scanners, i.e. Epson, Umax etc. to run on X. Thus Hamerick's exposure to the G5.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by DaveGee:

<strong>Just want to gets some facts into this "G5 is here!" party...

The epson page wasn't pulled at all (as of now) but the person who reported the news just messed up the URL.. I know everyone (including me) would love to hear that the G5 is shipping but all signs still point to a G4 speedbump sometime over the next month or so... I wish/hope I'm wrong about this but the G5 release in the fall is what I'm betting my money on.

Dave</strong><hr></blockquote>

please tell me what "all signs" are. I haven't seen any signs hinting at anything expect a powermac update soon. nothing else.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    The Epson page was posted in 2001.

November 8th, 2001 to be precise.

Bruno