Informed speculation on the new PowerMacs

12346»

Comments

  • Reply 101 of 116
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Hey I resent that! Maybe Patriot fans sniff jock straps (I think Ray Lewis does too), but the rest of us most definitely do not! The truth is Brett Fa-vr-uh has a prototype G5 that he runs play sequences on before every game to map out the potentially successful ones...so this was all just a clever segue to finding out more about the G5.



    <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" />



    [ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ? ]</p>
  • Reply 102 of 116
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    [quote]Originally posted by Nitzer:

    <strong>All I really want is another chance to give the Bears another spanking!!!

    </strong><hr></blockquote>



    Yah, yah, yahh. Depends on where the game would be played my friend. Chicago won the division but the Pack won the series...which wins out when determining home field in the playoffs? By the way, tell us more about the G5 please







    [ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ? ]</p>
  • Reply 103 of 116
    p-shaw, I say! Brian Billick has been <a href="http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/9910/05.famous.shtml"; target="_blank">running the Ravens on Powerbooks forever</a>, and given the similarities in temperament, management styles, self-regard and even hairline, I know for a damn fact that the Ravens have implanted a G5 in Ray Lewis; he now has the awesome crunching power of multiple Altivec units to add to his running back destroying frame, allowing him to pump 176.5 billion texels per second through his processor before swooping in for the hit.







    Billick and Jobs: Separated at Birth?!?!?



    SdC



    [ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: suckfuldotcom ]</p>
  • Reply 104 of 116
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs ?:

    <strong>Hey I resent that! Maybe Patriot fans sniff jock straps (I think Ray Lewis does too), but the rest of us most definitely do not! The truth is Brett Fa-vr-uh has a prototype G5 that he runs play sequences on before every game to map out the potentially successful ones...so this was all just a clever segue to finding out more about the G5.



    <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" />



    [ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ? ]</strong><hr></blockquote>



    Brett Favre doesn't know the difference between a mouse and a jockstrap. He has talent, but don't confuse that talent for brains. Not by a longshot.



    [quote]Orifinally posted by Nitzer:

    Rams are tough, but Green Bay has the talent to do it.<hr></blockquote>



    Huh? Are you dyslexic? I would take the Rams anyday on a talent comparison basis. Warner, Faulk, Bruce, Holt, Hakim, Proehl etc. etc. ad nauseum. And that is just on offense. I have never heard anyone discuss the Rams and say they lack talent, only toughness. And I would argue that as well.



    Defense? Only 7 times in the history of the NFL has any team turned their defense around statistically better than the Rams have. The Rams finished No. 3 in the league in fewest yards allowed and No. 7 in fewest points allowed. They are ranked number 3 in the league.



    Bah! And the G5 doesn't exist either! Yeah, ok. Can't wait to see a new iPod coughed up on that one.



    [ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Mac Glue Sniffer ]</p>
  • Reply 105 of 116
    nitzernitzer Posts: 115member
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs ?:

    <strong>

    Yah, yah, yahh. Depends on where the game would be played my friend. Chicago won the division but the Pack won the series...which wins out when determining home field in the playoffs? By the way, tell us more about the G5 please

    [ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ? ]</strong><hr></blockquote>



    I'm pretty sure they would play at Soldier, but it doesn't matter. Packers will spank Bears either way (that sounds dirty).



    G5: MySource? tells me that Apple is holding out for the G5 to put in the new towers. MySource? isn't exactly close to hardware development but MySource? ain't the freaking janitor either. <img src="graemlins/smokin.gif" border="0" alt="[Chilling]" />
  • Reply 106 of 116
    [quote]Originally posted by Nitzer:

    <strong>



    &lt;snip&gt;



    G5: MySource? tells me that Apple is holding out for the G5 to put in the new towers. MySource? isn't exactly close to hardware development but MySource? ain't the freaking janitor either. <img src="graemlins/smokin.gif" border="0" alt="[Chilling]" /> </strong><hr></blockquote>



    OK, since the meaning here is clear as mud, are you saying that we will not see new Towers until the G5 is ready?
  • Reply 106 of 116
    nitzernitzer Posts: 115member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mac Glue Sniffer:

    <strong>

    Huh? Are you dyslexic? I would take the Rams anyday on a talent comparison basis. Warner, Faulk, Bruce, Holt, Hakim, Proehl etc. etc. ad nauseum. And that is just on offense. I have never heard anyone discuss the Rams and say they lack talent, only toughness. And I would argue that as well.

    </strong><hr></blockquote>



    Not saying that the Rams don't have talent, they do. I was just saying that if Green Bay shows up to play they absolutely have the talent to beat them.
  • Reply 108 of 116
    nitzernitzer Posts: 115member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mac Glue Sniffer:

    <strong>



    OK, since the meaning here is clear as mud, are you saying that we will not see new Towers until the G5 is ready?</strong><hr></blockquote>



    All I've been told is that they are waiting for the G5. Which I presume to mean that it must be close to being ready. I mean they can't leave the towers the way they are for to long.
  • Reply 109 of 116
    [quote]Originally posted by Nitzer:

    <strong>



    Not saying that the Rams don't have talent, they do. I was just saying that if Green Bay shows up to play they absolutely have the talent to beat them.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    OK, I think you need to stick to Mac's.



    Or, as John Madden responded to JD, Pat, and Howie when asked if the Packers would beat the Rams, "No." Kind of funny really, John Madden who can never talk enough had NOTHING more to say than "No."



    [ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Mac Glue Sniffer ]</p>
  • Reply 110 of 116
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,151member
    [quote]Originally posted by Nitzer:

    <strong>



    All I've been told is that they are waiting for the G5. Which I presume to mean that it must be close to being ready. I mean they can't leave the towers the way they are for to long.</strong><hr></blockquote>If you look at the Apple product matrix...3 out of the 4 boxes have a green "new" button next to them...and the PowerMacs...nothing....yet....
  • Reply 111 of 116
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    [quote]Originally posted by Dave Hagan:

    <strong>If you look at the Apple product matrix...3 out of the 4 boxes have a green "new" button next to them...and the PowerMacs...nothing....yet....</strong><hr></blockquote>



    THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one thinking that Apple has to release a 'new' tower not just speed bump the QS. New case, no doubt. Otherwise the towers will be the ugliest product Apple has.
  • Reply 112 of 116
    I think G5's are coming. why else would apple risk their pro line?????
  • Reply 113 of 116
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    [quote]Originally posted by macrock:

    <strong>I think G5's are coming. why else would apple risk their pro line????? </strong><hr></blockquote>



    good point
  • Reply 114 of 116
    Bruan Billick also write software for his teams' playbook. He is computer savvy to say the least. Jobs and Billick are very similar.
  • Reply 115 of 116
    zoranszorans Posts: 187member
    The low-end PM's will NOT have Superdrive standard, it will be BTO. Look at the economics and target audience peeps, just cause the top-end iMac has Superdrive means nada. It has Superdrive for a reason, advertising/expansion into the consumer world.
  • Reply 116 of 116
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Agreed, A lot of people would much rather have a 300-400 dollar cheaper powermac than a superdrive, and a fast CDrw. Got a pre-press image file ready to go. 24x burner at the ready makes you a nice fast back-up and you're off to the printing shop. Backing up is now done mostly with multiple big portable external drives. If you are authoring DVD's professionally, you're going to take the finished product to professionals for not one but thousands of copies. Probably on your powerbook's HD, or on an external firewire drive. A superdrive is almost more consumer than pro. It's nice to have, but for people working on images and video, that's money that could very well go towards more neccessary hardware like an ATA RAID setup, or Mucho RAM, or dual displays.
Sign In or Register to comment.