Briefly: iWork '09 reference appears at Apple.com

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    eroneron Posts: 1member
    I just bought iWorks'08 less than a month ago! I want a free upgrade!
  • Reply 22 of 25
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saarek View Post

I love iWork, it's overhauled the way I work, can't wait to see what the new version offers!

I love iWork too. It could use some more polish (with tables especially) but it has a lot of promise.

I hope that give existing user a break on the price though. Maybe $49?
  • Reply 23 of 25
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Hmmm...does changing slides on the remote app also change slides on the mac? Nice to have my notes handy on the phone but not so much if they aren't sync'd.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    If they're going to make some changes, how about reducing the size of it. It's more than twice the size of MS Office, and I have a very limited amount of space on my laptop. I actually had to temporarily remove it because I had run out of room and that was the easiest thing to get rid of considering the amount of space it takes up.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

Dude, it wasn't our report. It was 9 to 5's. Jeeze. We simply covered it like several other publications. Chill OUT. It's unfortunate that I'm realizing some people cannot decipher between our calls and those of another publication... I guess I need to make some changes in the way things are presented going forward.

Kasper

You can try but your only reasonable control over this type of response is to delete the accounts of such posters. I've been around the various forums for years now and every MW we get the same stupid sorts of postings. It is like people don't grasp the concept of what a rumor is no mater how informed the source is.

In any event what can you do about people that frequent rumor sites but don't grasp where they are, don't grasp that some of the reporting comes from other sites and don't grasp that Apple itself is known to plant disinformation? It would be one thing if you passed yourself off as a credible news site and never identified the reporting that has not been validated. Appleinsider doesn't however and in my mind does a good job of seperating the real from the speculation, rumors and fragmented information. Why change that to try to support a bunch of idiots that don't have the capacity to deal with deciphering the value of the communications themselves? Or to put it another way why plug up the pipes for the rest of us when it is likely to be completely futile. The reality is that there are lots of ways to improve Appleinsider as such focusing on those that will never get it is wasted energy and time.

Dave