Steve Jobs taking leave from Apple due to complex health issues

Comments

• Reply 141 of 241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

Get a grip man. Do you have a life-size gold statue of him in your bedroom or something?

Of course! I can get you one too if you like...
  • Reply 142 of 241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by g3pro View Post

Excellent point.

To many, Apple has become a joke because of this. The poignancy of the "MacBook Wheel" from the Onion comes to mind.

Both you and Merdhead are a couple of jackasses on a level so epic it defies comprehension.

Neither of you have a clue what you are talking about, nor do you have an iota of business knowledge.

Under Jobs' tenure, Apple went from near collapse to raging success the likes of which has not been seen in any company in modern history.

Apple has no debt.

Apple has grown every fiscal quarter for ten straight years at a rate that dwarfs any other public company in history, and managed to maintain double-digit profit increases the entire way.

Steve Jobs is at LEAST 50% responsible if not more for every bit of this success. You and merdhead should both waste no time jamming your heads firmly back into your asses.

Your collective level of stupidity is blinding.

It is quantum stupidity.

it is stupidity folded in upon itself and collapsing under its own weight from the gravity of a moronic singularity, at which you are the center, and from which nothing intelligent can ever escape.

do the world a favor.

Take your own life.

just consider it.

hugs.
  • Reply 143 of 241
    takeotakeo Posts: 446member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by codymr View Post

my feeling is that this is an unusual move for a workaholic like Jobs and that he was diagnosed with something terminal.

If he was diagnosed with something terminal... what would be the point in hiding that and saying "see you this summer"? No need to jump to conclusions like that. Let's take what he said at face value, relax and wish him and his family well.
  • Reply 144 of 241
    Get well soon, Steve!
  • Reply 145 of 241
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Shit there goes my stock

Murch, I respect you a lot on these boards. I agree with you 99.9999% of the time, but that was cold man. This guy may be dying
  • Reply 146 of 241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by echosonic View Post

Both you and Merdhead are a couple of jackasses on a level so epic it defies comprehension.

Neither of you have a clue what you are talking about, nor do you have an iota of business knowledge.

Under Jobs' tenure, Apple went from near collapse to raging success the likes of which has not been seen in any company in modern history.

Apple has no debt.

Apple has grown every fiscal quarter for ten straight years at a rate that dwarfs any other public company in history, and managed to maintain double-digit profit increases the entire way.

Steve Jobs is at LEAST 50% responsible if not more for every bit of this success. You and merdhead should both waste no time jamming your heads firmly back into your asses.

Your collective level of stupidity is blinding.

It is quantum stupidity.

it is stupidity folded in upon itself and collapsing under its own weight from the gravity of a moronic singularity, at which you are the center, and from which nothing intelligent can ever escape.

do the world a favor.

Take your own life.

just consider it.

hugs.

Not only do I agree with everything you've said here about the two jackasses, your words are supremely funny as well. Thank you for brightening my day just a little
  • Reply 147 of 241
    delete
  • Reply 148 of 241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by codymr View Post

Well, I'm not completely surprised at this... but it still saddens me. I hope this truly is what Apple's Media Relations and PR departments are saying: That Steve Jobs needs time to recuperate from a relatively straight forward health issue.

But...

I have a bad feeling that this is far more serious than what Apple and Mr Jobs are letting on. Instead of doing his usual Macworld Expo keynote, "Jobs took time to spend Christmas with his family". As much as I think that is a good thing and something maybe Jobs should have done years ago... my feeling is that this is an unusual move for a workaholic like Jobs and that he was diagnosed with something terminal. If this is the case, spending time with his family was less of a choice and more of an imperative.

I hope I am wrong. I wish Jobs speedy recovery.

Good point, hope you are wrong too.
  • Reply 149 of 241
    Get Well Soon Steve.
  • Reply 150 of 241
    get well steve
  • Reply 151 of 241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Takeo View Post

If he was diagnosed with something terminal... what would be the point in hiding that and saying "see you this summer"? No need to jump to conclusions like that. Let's take what he said at face value, relax and wish him and his family well.

Other than for privacy reasons, the first thing that comes to mind is that Jobs and Apple do not want to panic investors... or Apple employees for that matter. They may have made the choice to act with very deliberate steps if in fact a bad diagnosis is true. I'd guess Apple and Jobs would want an orderly transfer of his responsibilities if the worst comes to light.

But, as you said "Let's take what he said at face value." Perhaps I was overstating with my original post and was thinking out loud. Like you, I hope the guy just needs a little time to get back to top form.
  • Reply 152 of 241
    Nothing explains the pull and lurch of the sky,

how, sooner or later, each of us goes to answer;

no logic stills the heartbeat in the earth:

it never stops, it knits within the bone,

a world around the world we understand

waiting to be recovered and given names:

this gravity, this lifeblood in the thaw,

this salt of love, this mercury in absence.

John Burnside
  • Reply 153 of 241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hotmarkb View Post

This has Enron written all over it

And, you've got Moron written all over you.
  • Reply 154 of 241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

Hopefully Steve pulls through, if not I hope he gets his house in order instead of disappearing abruptly.

Hate me for saying so, but does anyone remember what happened with Jim Henson? There are no immortals here.
  • Reply 155 of 241
    I'm sorry for some of you.

Steve helped Apple achieve great things, he did not cure HIV or brought world peace.

I switched to Mac an year ago, and "converted" my family too. As of now we have 2 Time Capsules, 2 iPhones 3G, an iPod Touch, a MacBook, a MacBook Air and a MacBook Pro (besides some extras). We are glad Apple introduced this products and the reason we have so many of them is that we were impressed by the simplicity, integration and design. (The last PC has the days counted)

Tank-You APPLE

Hope you get better STEVE

(Not the other way around, Apple is not Steve and I'm sure Steve is not Apple)
  • Reply 156 of 241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wilco View Post

Yes. I'm sure he means that Jobs is fat.

Nah, I think it meant that you suck.
  • Reply 157 of 241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Hate me for saying so, but does anyone remember what happened with Jim Henson? There are no immortals here.

Jim who?

Just googled: James Maury "Jim" Henson (September 24, 1936 – May 16, 1990)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Henson
  • Reply 158 of 241
    dlcmhdlcmh Posts: 43member
    Get well soon, Steve.

All the best to you and your family during this difficult period.
  • Reply 159 of 241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by merdhead View Post

Really, pull you head out of your arse. I can't discuss Jobs death because... he's the CEO of a company? He's a billionaire? He has cancer? Are his children reading this thread?

Also I love Apple products, but not their lack of variety. Can you read?

"Steve is dead meat." Lovely way to put it you jackass. Hopefully people will talk that way about you if you get cancer. This has nothing to do about Apple, it has to do about a person getting better. Pull your head out of your arse you idiot.
  • Reply 160 of 241
    xsmixsmi Posts: 139member
    Its been a long time since I have posted on this board but as soon as I read the story I felt I needed to post my well wishes. However, after reading some of the post on this board it reminds me why I have not posted in a long time. There are some really insensitive people on this board. I've said enough... Steve, get well.