Microsoft's Zune crashes as iPod sales grow

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 165
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

Then go buy something that works for you and stop bitching!

I have, I have a Logitech, and some Microsoft mice. And I wasn't bitching, some asked why a Mac user would buy a MS product over an Apple one, and I gave a valid example.
  • Reply 162 of 165
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

I have, I have a Logitech, and some Microsoft mice. And I wasn't bitching, some asked why a Mac user would buy a MS product over an Apple one, and I gave a valid example.

I've been buying mostly Logitech mice myself. I've never had one die of normal use, usually just lost. I'm using the original Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard though. I've always had trouble with Apple's desktop keyboards not properly syncing the feel of a pressed key and the electronic signal, sometimes it would either show a double key press or not register a key press.
  • Reply 163 of 165
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Hey Mouse People!

"Microsoft's Zune crashes as iPod sales grow"
  • Reply 164 of 165
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post

Hey Mouse People!

"Microsoft's Zune crashes as iPod sales grow"

'cause God forbid a thread evolves as a topic is beaten to death...
  • Reply 165 of 165
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

Microsoft needs to get back to just developing software for now. Stick to what they can excel at. Currently the company just seems to be a mess. It has very poor leadership. It appears as if it has no direction. Its putting out piss poor products. It just needs to stop, rethink its ideas, put people in proper places and develop some kickass products. They have the money, they have the talent (or potential to get the talent). They just need better leadership. Money isn't going to get them out of everything...

The problem, as I see it, Microsoft is not good at developing new ideas. They ripped of Digital Research to make DOS and Apple to make Windows, Lotus to make Excel, and so forth. Really new ideas are not part of the Microsoft culture, so the Zune was just another attempt to rip off Apple.

Coupled with that mentality, Microsoft also had shown dismal marketing ability and I'm not talking about the Jerry Seinfeld debacle. It touches everything they do. This YouTube shorty really says it well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Luces7GrOw