Apple leads 2009 customer satisfaction survey

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by knightlie View Post

Always funny to read personal opinion presented as fact.

Ta-da.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jimzip View Post

Well... I'm a fanboy for a reason. That reason is that since 1984, I've been buying products from Apple, and I've never had a problem.

Jimzip

Same here, since 1984!

Throughout these 25 years, I have had only one Apple Computer crash on me: it was one I bought from CompUSA (remember them?) in 2001. Every purchase since has been from the Apple Store, and I've had no problems whatsoever.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Silencio View Post

As for the price of MobileMe: have you priced out shared web hosting plans lately? They typically go for $5-20/mo, which ends up either being slightly less or quite a bit more than the price of a year's worth of MobileMe. While I would agree there are a few ways MobileMe could offer better value, it is definitely not a ripoff as it stands.

What is the transfer cap? I can't find it on the Apple site. I had to dig up a press release to find they offer 20GB storage in the standard plan, which is pretty good, but that fact wasn't easy to find.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    adjeiadjei Posts: 738member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dualie View Post

Hey, Apple has definitely delivered some boner products in the past (the B&W G3 comes to mind), but generally, the products are very high quality. Of course there are exceptions and there will always be the occasional odd-out that has problems.

I also agree that some stuff if overpriced. Apple's price for RAM, for example, is a travesty. It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham (to quote Fielding Melish). Some of their adapters are also ridiculously expensive (if they even work properly).

Apple isn't immune to problems, and machines are just machines. However, if 81% are satisfied, that means that there are a signifcant number who are not.

it means on average 8 out of 10 Apple customers are satisfied with 2 who aren't, that is a lot higher than the likes of Dell and HP who people like to bring up as giving consumers choice, seems consumers aren't satisfied with what they are offering.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

What is the transfer cap? I can't find it on the Apple site. I had to dig up a press release to find they offer 20GB storage in the standard plan, which is pretty good, but that fact wasn't easy to find.

The 20GB of space was right on the MobileMe website under pricing. Honestly, it wasn't that hard to find....
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

The 20GB of space was right on the MobileMe website under pricing. Honestly, it wasn't that hard to find....

It turns out I didn't click the one, and apparently only one sub page that includes that information.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Adjei View Post

it means on average 8 out of 10 Apple customers are satisfied with 2 who aren't, that is a lot higher than the likes of Dell and HP who people like to bring up as giving consumers choice, seems consumers aren't satisfied with what they are offering.

The fact that 26% of the people that voted are planning to buy an Apple Desktop proves that this is heavily weighted toward Apple fans. Because only 8% of the world population buy Apples and even less buy Apple desktops. Therefore, the responses are biased.

This seems more correct (out of Consumer Reports):

Brand Repairs and Serious Problems (% of units having problems)

More than 63,000 readers who bought a computer between 2004 and 2008 about their experiences.

Sony =============== 18%

Lenovo (IBM) ========== 18%

Compaq ==============18%

Toshiba ============== 18%

Dell =====================20%

Gateway ==================20%

Apple ====================20%

Hewlett-Packard ===============21%

Source: Annual Product Reliability Survey, Consumer Reports National Research Center.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by phalanx View Post

The fact that 26% of the people that voted are planning to buy an Apple Desktop proves that this is heavily weighted toward Apple fans. Because only 8% of the world population buy Apples and even less buy Apple desktops. Therefore, the responses are biased.

More than 63,000 readers who bought a computer between 2004 and 2008 about their experiences.

Sony =============== 18%

Compaq ==============18%

Source: Annual Product Reliability Survey, Consumer Reports National Research Center.

What is the margin of error?
  • Reply 29 of 32
    Quote:

Sony =============== 18%

Compaq ==============18%

Right, well I also find this survey biased.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    Quote:

Right, well I also find this survey biased.

toward what?? You think Consumer Reports targets Windows PC owners?

Why would they care?
  • Reply 31 of 32
    Quote:

toward what?? You think Consumer Reports targets Windows PC owners?

Why would they care?

It's as biased as saying most of those who took part in the above mentioned survey are Apple fanboys, anyways what you posted shows that for the most part the amount of Apple products having problems is in line with the rest of the industry, now please explain to me why Apple is leading the satisfaction ratings without talking about it being biased because of Apple fans.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    Quote:

It's as biased as saying most of those who took part in the above mentioned survey are Apple fanboys, anyways what you posted shows that for the most part the amount of Apple products having problems is in line with the rest of the industry, now please explain to me why Apple is leading the satisfaction ratings without talking about it being biased because of Apple fans.

When you take the plunge to pay more for an Apple you want to justify your expense. You have a much higher tendency to be satisfied. It is human nature. You don't want to feel like your were a idiot for spending more and getting the same, or less. There is a similar affect with cars. I have seen numerous people spend more for a BMW, or other pricey car, and explain away the problems they have so they can feel good about their purchase. I have also witness these same people responding to "satisfaction" surveys reporting that they are very satisfied with there purchase.

Actually, I am glad there are people like that. It is better for the economy if you buy the expensive stuff.