Microsoft's anti-Mac pricing campaign takes to the web

Comments

• Reply 101 of 279
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,815member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chug View Post

Wow. The number of idiots and laughably stupid posts in this article is astounding. Almost makes me ashamed to be a Mac user. People calling the Xbox 360 a piece of shit? How is this even remotely related to the article? I have a MacBook aluminum and a 360 and it's a great console just like the MacBook is a great laptop; stop being a brainwashed idiot.

This marketing campaign seemed like a good idea but IMO is a huge backfire for MS. Why they chose to project a cheap, budget image with crappy HP laptops when they could've shown off Sony VAIOs and ThinkPads, I just can't understand.

This whole campaign simply shows M$ are hurting IMO. If having 90% market was all that good they'd ignore Apple. Either Ballmer is personally pissed at Apple or they are hurting financially. Or perhaps both?

A an aside: I wonder why M$ never mention their various OSs run on Macs too? I like many Mac users I suspect never bought an M$ OS until I had a Mac with VMWare and Parallels (yes I use both). How many PC users ever buy a copy of M$'s OS (as opposed to a PC with it)?
  • Reply 102 of 279
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thompr View Post

You have no idea what extra parts are in a Mac that you can't get in a cheap laptop, do you? Admit it: you are actually ignorant of the facts and are either just hoping you are correct or that nobody else is knowledgeable enough to notice how wrong you are.

Name one part in your Mac that can't be purchased on the internet or even better that is in my current PC's.

You have a battery made in china and a motherboard THAT DOESN'T LIKE NVIDIA CHIPS. ALL OTHER PARTS ARE STOCK PC PARTS, VIDEO, RAM, PROCESSOR.

Keep trying to justify your purchase, it makes the 80% of the world laugh.

Add the rest of the dongles and adapters you need to hook up to non Apple parts and then the fact that you have to buy AppleCare or you are out of luck.

PC's come with a YEAR of repair. Not because they need it but because the care about their customers.

Continue to fight with Apple to get your video card replaced and wait for the next upgrade to hope that it fixes your problem.
  • Reply 103 of 279
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pfister4u View Post

My Dell's and HP's.

Your Dell's and HP's what? Oh sorry that was just bad grammar?
  • Reply 104 of 279
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

This whole campaign simply shows M$ are hurting IMO. If having 90% market was all that good they'd ignore Apple. Either Ballmer is personally pissed at Apple or they are hurting financially. Or perhaps both?

A an aside: I wonder why M$ never mention their various OSs run on Macs too? I like many Mac users I suspect never bought an M$ OS until I had a Mac with VMWare and Parallels (yes I use both). How many PC users ever buy a copy of M$'s OS (as opposed to a PC with it)?

They don't want to ignore Apple they want to crush them. Microsoft is way more concerned about Linux than Apple.

LINUX IS FREE.

MICROSOFT IS JUST PUTTING THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN.
  • Reply 105 of 279
    Quote:

Name one part in your Mac that can't be purchased on the internet or even better that is in my current PC's.

You have a battery made in china and a motherboard THAT DOESN'T LIKE NVIDIA CHIPS. ALL OTHER PARTS ARE STOCK PC PARTS, VIDEO, RAM, PROCESSOR.

Keep trying to justify your purchase, it makes the 80% of the world laugh.

Not worth replying to realy but a slow night for me.

It's about the Superior OS too, hellloooo You have to use M$

Please go back to your PC forum will ya! Like Ballmer's ads show he is, you too must be getting really worried about Apple to be here (polite way of saying p**s off )
  • Reply 106 of 279
    Quote:

They don't want to ignore Apple they want to crush them. Microsoft is way more concerned about Linux than Apple.

LINUX IS FREE.

MICROSOFT IS JUST PUTTING THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN.

Yep, their own
  • Reply 107 of 279
    Quote:

Your Dell's and HP's what? Oh sorry that was just bad grammar?

If that is your only comeback to correct my grammer than you are a typical Apple user.

YOU HAVE A PC THAT RUNS APPLE'S OPERATING SYSTEM.

FACE IT. YOU JUST PAY WAY MORE FOR THE LOGO.
  • Reply 108 of 279
    Quote:

Not worth replying to realy but a slow night for me.

It's about the Superior OS too, hellloooo You have to use M$

Please go back to your PC forum will ya! Like Ballmer's ads show he is, you too must be getting really worried about Apple to be here (polite way of saying p**s off )

I don't take any serious reply that has smiley faces serious. I'm a PC user.

You not only look childish with them but it seriously degrades your reply.

But I forgot you're a Mac and I'm a PC.
  • Reply 109 of 279
    Quote:

Tell me which Apple Laptop hasn't had Video Problems in the past 2 years.

Look at Apple's Forums.

Apple just doesn't acknowledge them until they become class action law suits.

You are paying twice as much for PC parts and the THRILL OF KISSING STEVE'S ASS WHILE HE TAKES YOUR MONEY TO THE BANK.

Why do you think they have so much liquid cash. It's because Apple users are blind SHEEP.

All of mine, that is only five I realize but all working fine thanks for asking. Plus never had one virus to fend off or virus software to update that conflicts with every damn thing , how are you doing? Oooh look your Kaspersy / Norton whatever needs updating ... Oh you are not connected to the internet, ohhh, Windows need to restart, Ohhh Don't power off Windows is updating, Ohhhh what a pile of crap. Do you wish to report this to Microsoft?
  • Reply 110 of 279
    Quote:

We are at a party actually and everyone is ROFL at your posts and several of the ladies added the smiles as they thought I was mean to you ...

p.s. I use both (every OS from 95 to 7 ) all day, everyday hence I know ... (I resisted the smile there see?)

Please just go back to your PC group ... you can be happy there and discuss Confliker et al
  • Reply 111 of 279
    junkiejunkie Posts: 122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CharlesS View Post

Doesn't AI already have a front-page article on MS's new ads?

Macs have a higher TCO as well. When components in a PC become outdated or you need a new feature like USB 3.0 or eSATA or something else that didn't come with the machine, you can upgrade it for the price of a cheap PCI or ExpressCard add-on. With Macs, you have to throw the computer away and get a brand new one at full price, unless the Mac is one of the extremely overpriced "Pro" models.

They cost more up front, and they don't last as long. It's unfortunate that OS X can't legally run on anything else.

Yeah no USB 3.0 and I totally need to throw my computer away that day.

Macs do cost more upfront but at least you don't have to rebuild the OS every few months. That is what drives my PC friends nuts. Their computers just get slower and slower and crapped up with viruses so that they have to start all over again. That is a cost too buddy.
  • Reply 112 of 279
    junkiejunkie Posts: 122member
    and the OS and all the great software that comes with it. it also has awesome build quality. Super slim and well-built.
  • Reply 113 of 279
    archer75archer75 Posts: 204member
    Quote:

Tell me which Apple Laptop hasn't had Video Problems in the past 2 years.

Look at Apple's Forums.

Apple just doesn't acknowledge them until they become class action law suits.

You are paying twice as much for PC parts and the THRILL OF KISSING STEVE'S ASS WHILE HE TAKES YOUR MONEY TO THE BANK.

Why do you think they have so much liquid cash. It's because Apple users are blind SHEEP.

I don't know why you are quoting me. My statement has absolutely nothing to do with anything you said here.
  • Reply 114 of 279
    Quote:

We are at a party actually and everyone is ROFL at your posts and several of the ladies added the smiles as they thought I was mean to you ...

p.s. I use both (every OS from 95 to 7 ) all day, everyday hence I know ... (I resisted the smile there see?)

Please just go back to your PC group ... you can be happy there and discuss Confliker et al

Give me a break if you have to actually go to the virus argument.

I run PC and I have never had a virus. I have had many virus alerts but my FREE anti virus software has always stopped them.

This is why 80% of the World is on PC's. We have milliions of Freeware software that betters most sold software especially in the virus department.

I have a choice, you don't. Live in your iWorld. I like living in the real world and banking my savings for a rainy day.
  • Reply 115 of 279
    archer75archer75 Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thompr View Post

You have no idea what extra parts are in a Mac that you can't get in a cheap laptop, do you? Admit it: you are actually ignorant of the facts and are either just hoping you are correct or that nobody else is knowledgeable enough to notice how wrong you are.

Doesn't matter when no one cares or needs those extra parts. So yes, you can look at them and say they add to the cost but what the majority of people want doesn't include those things so paying more for stuff you don't need is pointless.

It's all about the specs.

Apple does go with a faster FSB than most but most don't know what that means or don't care.
  • Reply 116 of 279
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by junkie View Post

and the OS and all the great software that comes with it. it also has awesome build quality. Super slim and well-built.

So is it $500 or a $1,000 more for a quarter inch slimmer. Seems like Apple has a size problem.

They've always been small.
  • Reply 117 of 279
    Quote:

yahh, Microsoft is sooo much cooler and innovative... like songsmith!!! I feel a song coming on!
  • Reply 118 of 279
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by archer75 View Post

Doesn't matter when no one cares or needs those extra parts. So yes, you can look at them and say they add to the cost but what the majority of people want doesn't include those things so paying more for stuff you don't need is pointless.

It's all about the specs.

Apple does go with a faster FSB than most but most don't know what that means or don't care.

You have to be kidding me. You could have explained for the novice that it means Front Side Bus and that is BS.

With PC's you have the choice with every vendor to CHOOSE when you configure your PC what you want. You can purchase any PC with a Faster "FSB" cheaper than any Mac that you buy. Apple tells you what you need. We have a choice.

It's America but your computers are made in China.
  • Reply 119 of 279
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nofear1az View Post

yahh, Microsoft is sooo much cooler and innovative... like songsmith!!! I feel a song coming on!

Kind of like Me.com. You pay $99.00 a year for what Google gives you for free.

At least I don't need songsmith to do my job.
  • Reply 120 of 279
    hittrj01hittrj01 Posts: 753member
    Quote:

Add the rest of the dongles and adapters you need to hook up to non Apple parts and then the fact that you have to buy AppleCare or you are out of luck.

PC's come with a YEAR of repair. Not because they need it but because the care about their customers.

Continue to fight with Apple to get your video card replaced and wait for the next upgrade to hope that it fixes your problem.

You do realize that Apple gives you a year warranty out of the box too, right? And they actually honor their warranty. Let's say that Dell of yours came with Windows Vista out of the box with 2GB of RAM (hypothetically). You decide to upgrade the RAM and then upgrade to Windows 7 when it officially releases. 6 months pass. You start to have some issues with your computer, call up Dell for support and to get your computer back up and running, and Dell tells you this:

All hardware and software must match original manufacturer's settings before any claims on warranties will be filed. That means that you must put the original RAM back in (not the original amount, the exact original sticks) and restore your computer to Windows Vista before Dell will even talk to you.

Flip over to Apple's side of things. You buy a MacBook with Leopard on it and 2GB of RAM. You upgrade the RAM and upgrade to Snow Leopard when it comes out. 6 months later, if you have a problem and call up Apple, they will not only file a claim, but bend over backwards to make sure that you are taken care of and satisfied, even with the basic 1-year warranty.

I understand that you have some unnatural hatred towards Apple and all Apple users. Maybe it's because you're jealous, maybe you work for Microsoft, or maybe you truly just don't/can't accept that there are benefits to Macs. Just answer one question, though. How do you explain Apple's 81% customer satisfaction rating compared to all other manufacturers? The closest one to them is Asus at 67% and, ironically, Acer at 61%. Your precious Dell and HP? 55% and 52%, respectively. I understand you may love them, but there are just as many people that hate them. The same certainly cannot be said about Apple.

source: http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2009/0...action-survey/