Force Feedback in 10.2.3

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    I don't have any inside info on release dates but Apple releases one major "feature" update every 9-15 months, an Apple VP even said so Sept. I think in MacWorld Mag.

Apple always charges for feature updates, they have since 7.6.

So when will 10.3 be released? Eh, around July ? October of next year most likely. Will Apple charge for it? Yep.

Should Apple charge for it? No, Apple should make it's OS free again but not because any of us are entitled to it, we aren't. That is crap, Oh Oh I bought 10.0! Oh Oh I bought 10.2! So what, get in line to buy 10.3. The fact is we are not entitled to anything.

Apple should make it's OS and all its consumer software [most of it already is] free ? Why then?

Because it would be more of a selling point to consumers. Many people believe there is no software available for the Macintosh, still ... and Apple is moving towards the model I am talking about to convince them otherwise. When you buy a Mac you should be able to do everything, maybe only at the basic level but still do it.

This is the model Linux distributions work under and it is the model Windows OEMs [not MS] works under. It is good to see Apple doing the same, I just want them to take it farther.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    I agree about this being version 2.2.

About driver support "doesn't count," hmm so are you telling me that AirPort support, hardware acceleration, audio, and DVD-R and CD-RW support don't count ? cause they are just drivers, and if they don't get updated then one might claim that Mac OS X was missing key "features" ? you know, like all the people who complained about springloaded folders missing until 10.2.