Microsoft looking to launch iPhone rival on Verizon's network

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 147
    user_23user_23 Posts: 46member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

Everything bellow is related to Formula 1 Racing, but works well in different scenarios.

F1 driver, Rubens Barrichello, left Ferrari F1 team when they were at the top of their performance, and moved to underdog BAR Honda.

We know that in F1 racing, Ferrari is all there is - history, passion, unique team culture, most influential name in racing... beautiful Italian girls ... and I'm not even their supporter. In short, they are as cool as F1 goes, and as rich as anyone else - if not much more. And they are in Italy!

Yet, Rubens decided he'd rather be No.1 driver (or equal at least) in piss-poor performing Honda than No.2 in Ferrarblah blah blah...ad nauseum

the old comparing PCs to Cars thingy long ago become an official logical fallacy. =
  • Reply 142 of 147
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    I remember Adobe showing up at Apple, little suitcase of fonts in hand.

While we are on the subject of reminiscing.
  • Reply 143 of 147
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

you learn more from failure than success

apple could have been the "ms" of early years got fat and happy, but MS never looked at itself as a hardware company Gates knew that hardware would end up a commodity product and software was the driving force, also IBM was both and locked

apple always i think thought of itself as both software and hardware, and showed that IBM model of integration with hardware/ software AT THE CONSUMER level (not hot ugly mainframes ) empowered the INDIVIDUAL

apple fell away from innovation and stagnated it failed, but phoenix of SJ rose to re-focus the energy to the new apple

ipod/ itunes proved a new paradigm, integration with innovation rocks

apple did an end run around the stagnant enterprise, who cares what you have its what all the workers are bringing in that counts

that is how apple will get into enterprise, all the workers and employees bring in a device forcing enterprise to raise its dinosaur heads and move.

apple wouldn't be the company today without the failure of the early years, many companies lose focus and go back to basics, fundamentals but it takes vision

also from failure people started to listen to SJ

I would just modify that first statement.

You CAN learn more from failure than from success.

In the rat's a** of history, we see that most don't learn from either.
  • Reply 144 of 147
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by user_23 View Post

the old comparing PCs to Cars thingy long ago become an official logical fallacy. =

It depends. There are arguments when you can fit them together like a glove.
  • Reply 145 of 147
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

It depends. There are arguments when you can fit them together like a glove.

Oh sure, but then you just have a computer in a car in a glove, and no good can come of that.
  • Reply 146 of 147
    sellitmansellitman Posts: 10member
    They can have "E.T." on a bike with his Zunefune.

"Zune phone home"
  • Reply 147 of 147
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Oh sure, but then you just have a computer in a car in a glove, and no good can come of that.

I don't know. I'd like a good pair of computerized gloves I could use in a car.