Microsoft issues Windows 7 RC on road to October launch

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 163
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

Compare that to a network with no antivirus and almost no IT, 30 second boot times and zero downtime in a year.

QED.

I can't.

None of our clients have Mac network.

Our only client - small publisher with 2 Macs in 2003 SBS domain has various problems with their Macs, but we are not looking after them... it seems their Mac IT people are not looking much after them as well. \

Guess that is what you call almost no IT, right..?
  • Reply 162 of 163
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by djames42 View Post

Seeing as you've nothing better to do than troll an Apple forum, I'd say you're the one without a job. And clearly without a clue. Or any sense of tact. As for the tight-shirt wearing fat dude, that may well be true as well.

Actually I'm employed and make a good living. Not satisfied with it yet, but I cant complain. I'm hoping for the better and hopefully I'm in the right direction

As for my comment, it was no trolling. Long gone the days where Apple was different. My ideal of Apple has changed. In my days we used Apple not as a fashion item but as a tool to get our job done and at that time, Apple computers were the best tool available. Apple of yesterday cared to make the most advanced computers (and laptops) for its users. It was all about computers and the real fans not bunch of teens and worshipers who look at Apple more as a fashion item rather than a computer

Apple of today is best left for latte sipping designers who have more talent in showing off than the art itself and it is no trolling. It is simply my opinion
  • Reply 163 of 163
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Hey, long time no see, good to be back.

Don't shoot me but I actually like Windows 7, I'm sort of forced to use it as I'm a Java programmer for a large on line trading firm. I've been testing are software on it lately and I have to say it's a big improvement over fricken Vista. Yes OSX is better blah, blah, blah but as an OS, WIndows 7 is very usable. I still miss a Unix command line and I wish Windows would give me something at least usable. That said it's pretty fast even on my silly Hackintoshed Acer Aspire One D150. In fact I've replaced the XP partition with it.