Steve Jobs seen returning post-WWDC brandishing new iPhones

Comments

• Reply 21 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bregalad View Post

If Apple waits for Steve they'll be making a huge mistake. They need to show the world that they can do major product releases without him.

Apple simply must separate themselves and their products from Steve. That way it won't matter what he looks like on stage. The alternative is more of the same obsession with his health.

Don't worry - Apple has a plan B that has already been kicked off. They've prepared a Fat Suit for Steve to wear, ala Martin Short's Jiminy Glick suit. It will take us from, "Oh no, Steve appears to be at death's door, he's soo thin!" to, "Oh my God, Steve is a fat pig. That lard ass better get back to work!" And all will be well with Apple and its stock price. At least as long as Steve can wear the suit.
  • Reply 22 of 47
    Phil S doing the keynote... Talking about Snow Leo and iPhoneOS 3...

Then...

"One more thing... Some new hardare to run OS3 on... And to tell you all about it let me invite to MY stage... Mr. Steve Jobs."

(crowd applauds a balding 90 lb. Steve.)

(Apple stock soars as the new phone is a huge hit.)
  • Reply 23 of 47
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,464member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zendolphyn View Post

New iPhone hardware at WWDC...

- and then Steve comes back weeks later to introduce their tablet media pad iThingy.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
  • Reply 24 of 47
    hiimamachiimamac Posts: 584member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Phil S doing the keynote... Talking about Snow Leo and iPhoneOS 3...

Then...

"One more thing... Some new hardare to run OS3 on... And to tell you all about it let me invite to MY stage... Mr. Steve Jobs."

(crowd applauds a balding 90 lb. Steve.)

(Apple stock soars as the new phone is a huge hit.)

I digress.

Bad/weakened economy. After 45 minutes if how apple stayed flat while everine else(falsely) dud not (compared to :40 minutes if self praise and .002 market growth)), you have millions if AT&T subscribers with contracts expiring, the new palm pre, wireless charging, full flash, window 7 with touch on numerous devices, left only needing to take care of a few different oses compared to vista and drivers for xp, 98, server03/08, vista, IT very interested in win 7, and iPhone/iPods sales becoming saturated ( see last months piper jaffery article).

Apple has released most hardware. This year all about software, final cut, logic, iLife already released. Only thing left is a tablet, 10" screen and it had better be a home run. However, with current MacBook and air pricing, I don't see how it could. Either way, I think apple may be in trouble unless they really hit a home run. People are not going to go fir anything near $999 nor will they be interested in any 2 year data plan for a subsidized device.
  • Reply 25 of 47
    jb85jb85 Posts: 33member
    IF they unveil the new iphone at WWDC, when do they unveil the other new hardware? at the same time or at another conference. im holding back from buying a new mac until i see what comes out before i make my choice. does anyone have any thoughts?
  • Reply 26 of 47
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bregalad View Post

If Apple waits for Steve they'll be making a huge mistake. They need to show the world that they can do major product releases without him.

Apple simply must separate themselves and their products from Steve. That way it won't matter what he looks like on stage. The alternative is more of the same obsession with his health.

Name the product releases since he left the company for health recovery. There are several of them.
  • Reply 27 of 47
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Groan. If true, prepare for more volatility in AAPL's price over the next year.

I agree wholeheartedly with the poster above (add: Bregalad) who pointed out that it is time for Apple to start to make the effort to decouple its product strategy from Steve Jobs, and be seen to be doing so.
  • Reply 28 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Name the product releases since he left the company for health recovery. There are several of them.

That is the point he is trying to make.
  • Reply 29 of 47
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hiimamac View Post

... I digress. Bad/weakened economy. After 45 minutes if how apple stayed flat while everine else(falsely) dud not (compared to :40 minutes if self praise and .002 market growth)), ...

WTF?

If you're gonna post from the iPhone could you at least read it before hitting the post button?

I don't mean to single you out, but posts are getting almost unreadable sometimes.
  • Reply 30 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

If you're gonna post from the iPhone ........

On the subject of which, WHEN is AI going to have an iPhone app?

Isn't it about time, guys?

C'mon....... \
  • Reply 31 of 47
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dreyfus2 View Post

The more I think about it, the less sense it makes... They want developers to prepare for the new device, that includes making use of new hardware features (the current iPhone OS beta - neither the set of APIs, nor the user features - is certainly not feature complete, as they keep things under the hood). Now let's say (just an example): the rumored magnetometer/compass is true. Will they introduce the respective API during WWDC, and then Jobs will hold a special event one month later, announcing the very same thing again as a big surprise? The device and the software go hand in hand. They have to introduce both (or nothing).

I think you're making too much of a deal of that . They don't need much to show off the device features. If third party developers are allowed to get advanced access to make new software with special features for the new hardware available at the demo and at ship time, it's only going to be a select few of them, maybe a small team in Sega or EA, plus some relatively obscure social media company. Apple can have their own apps take advantage of the new hardware. Besides, developers don't seem to take too long to update and add features.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I'd like to add - no matter what people tell you - the black levels on these iPhone screens (both types) are awful. The screen is this phone. Even if the only thing they changed was the screen, by making it an OLED display, I'd be basically happy with that. A better camera would be a bonus, and video is a given.

I would like better blacks, and can do without the slight display shimmer that iPhone 3G has.

But is OLED cost down enough and production up to being able to take on iPhone volumes? It can be done on more obscure and low volume devices, with Apple, you probably need to be able to guarantee that you can produce 20 million of them a year.
  • Reply 32 of 47
    someone please speculate on my theory posted above!!!! (#14) i think
  • Reply 33 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

On the subject of which, WHEN is AI going to have an iPhone app?

Isn't it about time, guys?

C'mon....... \

Would a site specific program really solve the problem of a handheld devices being a little tedious to write on? I think it would need a vBulletin plug-in if the forum is going to be part of it a special app or site presentation.

But whatever the issue, I was chuckling at the response because I didn't understand the post in question either.
  • Reply 34 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JamesGr View Post

This is a really misleading headline. Clearly, Steve Jobs was NOT seen.

Unless it was a fortune teller or some other form of soothsayer, say a Wall Street stock analyst.

This is a different meaning of seen, reasonably valid but I think it's an awkward one to use, and like most forms of headline grammar, I don't like it.
  • Reply 35 of 47
    macshackmacshack Posts: 103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I second that. The iPhone is now yesterdays news. Steve is focussing on his iTabled. Something that will again leave the market buffeld and left behind for another 4 years. As everybody is trying to catch up with the iPhone ala HTC and Nokia or trying to stay on the same pace ala Palm. They are keeping the iPhone up to pace and introduce another killer-machine.
  • Reply 36 of 47
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    on which I put a solid share of probability at the beginning of that hysteria of iPhone Cockchafer...

Seeing all that months after I admit, it is exactly as probable (even a bit less) as the fact they will announce it without waiting for Steve.
  • Reply 37 of 47
    bluenixbluenix Posts: 42member
    even though you could barely read comment #25 he has mentioned the most important fact. it's AT&T!

IF the iPhone won't come out at WWDC, it will shortly after. But definitely before the end of june. AT&T is happy with it's new subscribers and will NOT risk that just one of them finds a better smartphone outside the AT&T-world. So Apple will show the world the new iPhone at least some days before those iphone plans expire and make sure that each and everyone of those early birds know for sure what the next phone will be - the new iPhone.

(whether it's Steve Jobs or George Bush who presents it - i couldn't care less. And Apple would do well if they keep the person behind such a device as unimportant as possible. And I think they are doing a great job so far without Jobs)
  • Reply 38 of 47
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Now...

Super quality camera with autofocus, and a flash.

- 12 - 15 MP, with a nice 8 to 1 zoom, an add on battery holder (for shooting a lot of pictures)

- announce several add-on lenses, and colors, let's have all of the colors the shuffle comes in (a great looking matching set), boy would my kids like that.

- I know I'D LOVE to have a PHONE that I didn't have to have a contract to use. And boy would I love to be able to call anywhere in the world with it, and not have to worry about reception or the cost to do so.

- While were at it, let's make sure that the damn battery doesn't go dead after 4 days use ? I mean, how in hell I'm I going to film my full length feature film with a damn PHONE that goes dead after just a few hours of shooting.

Sorry folks, I thought it was called the iPhone, not the iCamera or iMulti-tool unit

Don't forget folks, if Apple makes a wonderful all-in-one tool, then there maybe a bunch of folks laid off at - camera companies, GPS companies, internet based companies, Computer companies, (including Apple, who won't sell anywhere near as many Mac's), software companies MAY get hit, but this might be the one bright spot.

Now don't get me wrong, the iPHONE has turned into one hell of a Phone? - mini computer? Hand-held computing device?, Camera?, game console?, (very expensive) adding machine?, and it slices and dices all without risk to your fingers, but me, I'm a traditionalist - if I want to call some one, I pick up my PHONE, when I want to take some pictures, I pick up my CAMERA, use the internet, I turn on my G5, but hey, maybe I'll come around after using my new iPhone

Skip
  • Reply 39 of 47
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    I will not believe any analyst after watching this, particularly on companies like Apple and RIM.

Start the video at 3:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRa0B34jMOQ
  • Reply 40 of 47
    insideinside Posts: 1member