More of Apple's Snow Leopard caught on camera

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacFinder View Post

Sorry, some kind of trolling... What is this?

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/673/46129197.jpg

It?s quite simple and innocent. You?ll notice that it?s not English, but what looks to be Italian (though with latin being the base for many languages it could be another, I just didn?t care to find out exactly). The word Vista was not invented by Microsoft, in english it means a pleasing view, in Italian it simply means View, which is one of the words in most app?s Menu Bar.
  • Reply 62 of 68
    rainrain Posts: 538member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

So what exactly is fugly then? Unless you consider the way things look in Leopard fugly in general. The only thing that's different is the title bar, so what are you calling ugly?

Leopard's Dock isn't translucent, it's reflective; it may appear translucent as it reflects the desktop picture, but it's not translucent. The blue "running app" indicators aren't translucent either.

Perhaps you've set your Dock to be very small...or you need glasses. At any rate, this may be of some use to you:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...07101815375480

The AppleScripts are great for switching back and forth.

Hey... thanks man, thats much better.

It's not ideal, but it' a huge improvement.

cheers

• Reply 63 of 68
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Oh-es-Ten View Post

I am not an ADC Select Member, but occasionally sit next to one, and had a quick run through of SL with them the other day.

I can tell you that the entire system (even in the current debug state) is very snappy - especially Finder, which really shows they have re-written in Cocoa.

I think the performance (even running 10.5 apps) is a big selling point - although I am sure an interface change will be on the horizon, as it looks just too similar for the average user to see anything different.

Oh, and the font in Terminal is now anti-aliased... finally

I for one, would upgrade for sure, no 'killer feature' that we can see so far I'll admit, but it is the attention to detail and refinement of an already brilliant OS which makes it worthwhile for me.

If what you see stays through the gold master, I will be in line at launch...anti-aliased terminal is worth it alone
  • Reply 64 of 68
    wobegonwobegon Posts: 764member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rain View Post

Hey... thanks man, thats much better.

It's not ideal, but it' a huge improvement.

cheers

Not ideal, I agree. Glad to be of service though.
  • Reply 65 of 68
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post

Note to people making videos: Leave your crappy songs out of it. Nobody wants to hear them.

I prefer Techno Viking.
  • Reply 66 of 68
    I thought I had read a rumor that the menu bar was going to be inverted, black with light text this time around, which might match up to the QT modal windows, too.

I'm waiting to see the actual UI and what the benchmarks say about performance. I'm hoping they announce final version at WWDC.
  • Reply 67 of 68
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,407member
    Quote:

Note to people making videos: Leave your crappy songs out of it. Nobody wants to hear them.

a guy takes the time to post a video about Snow Leopard and gets flamed because he adds an audio track??? WTF!

note to pinheads: volume controls. they work.

Quote:

I must say, from the videos and the blurbs on apple.com, I owuldnt pay more than $20 for it...what is there that makes it worth it?

how much did you pay for an os that checks your spelling as you type? if you don't use it you paid too much. oh wait. the app may have even more features that you don't know about.

seriously. it's way too soon to worry about what you would or owuldnt pay for an os. once it ships there will be plenty of people posting about how lame it is. you can make a more or less informed decision then.

the biggest changes in snow leopard will not be seen by the "naked eye". they'll be under the hood. they may or may not worth any money to you. but i'm in wait and see mode.
  • Reply 68 of 68
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,407member
    the title bar in qt doesn't bother me. it would make the titles easier to read.

it doesn't seem likely that apple is trying to make qt match imacs and apple displays. when you go to full screen it doesn't make any difference anyway. it might help blend if you use fit to screen but i never do.