Apple upgraded by Morgan Stanley on expected iPhone boom

Comments

• Reply 21 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GTL215 View Post

Only techstud cares. I'm sure there will be IE and Firefox "apps" for the Pre, right? Ha, please.

I know I should not waste my time.

Speaking of the Pre: Its due out June 6th, and supposed to be an iPhone killer.

Outside of the tech crowd, who has even heard of it?
  • Reply 22 of 72
    gtl215gtl215 Posts: 242member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MissionGrey View Post

That's why when it sells 500,000 units, it will be deemed a rousing success. Too bad there's 20 million iphones out there (plus another 18 million iPod Touches). See ya later, Palm. Thanks for the Pilot 13 years ago.
  • Reply 23 of 72
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

That's why when it sells 500,000 units, it will be deemed a rousing success. Too bad there's 20 million iphones out there (plus another 18 million iPod Touches). See ya later, Palm. Thanks for the Pilot 13 years ago.

If it sells a million in 6 months, it will be good enough to survive.

It might do it.

I'm not ready to entirely count it out yet. I don't see it as a major challenger to the iPhone though.
  • Reply 24 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

If it sells a million in 6 months, it will be good enough to survive.

It might do it.

I'm not ready to entirely count it out yet. I don't see it as a major challenger to the iPhone though.

What has not been seen yet is what kind of problems and glitches it will have.

Sweet background apps, oh bummer battery life 45min.

There is no super secret battery tech that the Palm Pre is going to have that will alter the world of battery life.

Battery life is the a Achilles' heel of all mobile tech.
  • Reply 25 of 72
    Quote:

i've been too lazy to sell my original iPhone yet. Anybody want it? lol

Same here.
  • Reply 26 of 72
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    "Emerging as the leader"? Apple's been the leader.

Morgan is way too conservative especially waiting 2 weeks before launch of the iPhoneCompass to make that announcement.
  • Reply 27 of 72
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Only techstud cares. I'm sure there will be IE and Firefox "apps" for the Pre, right? Ha, please.

There is no IE for OS X anymore and Fennec (Firefox mobile) is still being tested internally. Mozilla also looks to have a solid deal with Nokia. Mozilla needs to get to market soon, they are losing the faster growing browser market to WebKit based browsers, and one that will easily out number desktops in the coming years.

Quote:

i've been too lazy to sell my original iPhone yet. Anybody want it? lol

I sold mine last year, used, for more than I bought it for. Check out eBay or Craigslist.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MissionGrey View Post

Sprint employees?
  • Reply 28 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I sold mine last year, used, for more than I bought it for. Check out eBay or Craigslist.

Thanks for the tip!
  • Reply 29 of 72
    Quote:

Sprint employees?

lol...that reminds me, i made the mistake of buying my iphone 3g at an AT&T store instead of an Apple store. Lame experience, compared to the excitement found at apple stores.
  • Reply 30 of 72
    Quote:

Sprint employees?

• Reply 31 of 72
    Quote:

Check out eBay or Craigslist.

True. I've considered saving it as a dedicated Apple TV remote for when I get one, but i'll probably just sell it.
  • Reply 31 of 72
    Quote:

lol...that reminds me, i made the mistake of buying my iphone 3g at an AT&T store instead of an Apple store. Lame experience, compared to the excitement found at apple stores.

I got mine at best buy and it was easy, then same day got my wife's at the AT&T store, took about 2 hours because of the line.....(of others getting iPhones hahaha).

I hope I can go get the new one with out any fees, right when it comes out.
  • Reply 33 of 72
    Quote:

You know people could say the exact same thing about Apple's new 7-11 inch device VS Netbooks - but I won't.
  • Reply 34 of 72
    Quote:

How did you word your Ad, and did you sell it as is, no warrantee?

Also, did you reset the phone, and remove all apps?

Maybe, we'll get new ones in September when our one year with AT&T is up, so I'm interested.

My daughter will get the new one for sure in September, because she'll need a phone from O2, as she'll be there for school. We will have to keep her present one for when she comes back for holidays and summer vacation.
  • Reply 35 of 72
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    BTW, Best Buy is stating an $850 retail price for the Palm Pre. I’m guessing you are still locked to Sprint and you still can’t use the much cheaper SERO plan at that point.
  • Reply 36 of 72
    Quote:

True. I've considered saving it as a dedicated Apple TV remote for when I get one, but i'll probably just sell it.

That makes more sense- save yourself the $$ and the aggravation of owning that lemon.
  • Reply 37 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

You know people could say the exact same thing about Apple's new 7-11 inch device VS Netbooks - but I won't.

Are you saying some nice things?

That's a bad habit to get into you know. You might like it.
  • Reply 38 of 72
    Quote:

I hope you sterilized it first before you sold it.
  • Reply 39 of 72
    Quote:

Its a bit of a stretch considering we know next to nothing about the new "unknown" apple device. The pre has been promoted and specs are out. Also "everyone" has a cell know, a much smaller percentage has a laptop and even smaller has net book.

I would never buy a net book, unless i could do my graphic design work on it. If the apple product is what has been speculated, it probably will be cool, but not useful to me.
  • Reply 40 of 72
    Quote:

That makes more sense- save yourself the $$ and the aggravation of owning that lemon.

what's the lemon - the first gen iphone or the apple tv? I'm holding off on the ATV in hopes of a significant upgrade this winter. I'm in no rush.