Steve Jobs sounding "energetic" a month before return to Apple

Comments

• Reply 41 of 72
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,408member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post

I don't know, I think thats a stretch to say that s 'lifes work', a little over blown IMO.

What's yours, so far?

Just asking, so we can compare to standards to which you are suggesting we aspire.....
  • Reply 42 of 72
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nano_tube View Post

Fair enough. I have one question though. When I buy a hakint0sh, can I update the OS or re-install it without doing any hacking? If so, I might consider it.

Your response is valued. Thank you for your cooperation citizen.

With the latest install methods sometimes you can sometimes you will have to rerun the driver disk. Takes all of five minutes. If you are really interested check out mydellmini.com and go to the osx forums. It will give you an idea on how easy it is and what is involved. To build one from scratch you can go to insanelymac.com it has a ton of info but is extremely fragmented. Personally I love my hackintosh mini almost as much as my aluminum macbook.
  • Reply 43 of 72
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Is your life that pathetic that you have to put people down just to make your sorry life look better?

If that's the case, I don't want to see anymore lame attacks on Steve Ballmer on these forums
  • Reply 44 of 72
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Seconded.

I have have never seen this term used like this .

where do you find these odd cool words you always use. ?

in the lingo of a 18 century duel is where this term came . i think

peace out
  • Reply 45 of 72
    Philanthropy is much misunderstood in many ways it is like venture capitalism, much of the money ends up going to large companies anyhow, see the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. With the current state of the world particularly the power distribution the best way to change things is through business. Steve has so far changed the world for better more through business than he could have done otherwise.

I would hazard a guess that Woz spoke to Steve after his house demolition approval came through which would no doubt be a major uplift, having a legal dispute drag on for years is really draining. No doubt Steve is looking forward to pressing on with that project.

Returning to Apple in precisely the same role is not feasible as it would undermine some of the key people there who have moved up, even still being CEO he would approach it differently.
  • Reply 46 of 72
    steviet02steviet02 Posts: 594member
    Quote:

What's yours, so far?

Just asking, so we can compare to standards to which you are suggesting we aspire.....

Anna, I donate over a 100 hours a year to charity, run in 2 marathons for cancer causes/charities, and give up either christmas or thanksgiving to give a hand at a local shelter for needy homeless families and people.

What do you do you? Besides post 10+ times a day on a message forum and act like you know how the world works?
  • Reply 47 of 72
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

If that's the case, I don't want to see anymore lame attacks on Steve Ballmer on these forums

Double standards are our specialty. We can rag on Gates and Ballmer but not Woz.
  • Reply 48 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beauty of Bath View Post

Returning to Apple in precisely the same role is not feasible as it would undermine some of the key people there who have moved up, even still being CEO he would approach it differently.

Oh I dunno. The apple team is the apple team. The best and the brightest .They understand how to work together. They also under stand steve jobs and what he wants. Steve also can communicate on ongoing projects from home . A/V and all that . So when gee does return why would it change ? What toes would he step on ??? Steve is part of the apple team.

The goals and projects apple is working on is 5 yrs. in planning so we would have to wait a long while to see a jobless apple .

Steve is the one who calls the head of google and say's........ Not many people on this planet has that power .

i hope steve get well soon

peace 9
  • Reply 49 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Double standards are our specialty. We can rag on Gates and Ballmer but not Woz.

balmer is an asshole

woz is THE WHO WROTE THE CODE THAT CHANGED THE WORLD .

ballmier and gates would be poor if not for the WOz man .
  • Reply 50 of 72
    Quote:

Anna, I donate over a 100 hours a year to charity, run in 2 marathons for cancer causes/charities, and give up either christmas or thanksgiving to give a hand at a local shelter for needy homeless families and people.

Good for you! Apart from his co-founding of Apple, it is quite possible that Woz does such things too.

Quote:

What do you do you? Besides post 10+ times a day on a message forum and act like you know how the world works?

I have been a member for 975 days and have about 2250 posts. Both data items can be easily observed. You do the math.
  • Reply 51 of 72
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

balmer is an asshole

woz is THE WHO WROTE THE CODE THAT CHANGED THE WORLD .

ballmier and gates would be poor if not for the WOz man .

And Steve Jobs isn't?

Isn't this the guy that drives around in his Mercedes without a license plate and parks in handicap spots?
  • Reply 52 of 72
    Quote:

Good for you! Apart from his co-founding of Apple, it is quite possible that Woz does such things too.

I have been a member for 975 days and have about 2250 posts. Both data items can be easily observed. You do the math.

So I take it you don't contribute anything, you just judge who is worthy of the lifetime achievement awards?

PS. This isn't the only board you are on, I've run across posts you have on other forums, go back and redo the math..... \
  • Reply 53 of 72
    Quote:

So I take it you don't contribute anything, you just judge who is worthy of the lifetime achievement awards?

PS. This isn't the only board you are on, I've run across posts you have on other forums, go back and redo the math..... \

Maybe I do, maybe I don't, but I really do not need to tell you; that's not the issue. I don't slam people who make a contribution (including you).

What other forums am I on? Perhaps you know something I don't!
  • Reply 54 of 72
    Quote:

Maybe I do, maybe I don't, but I really do not need to tell you; that's not the issue. I don't slam people who make a contribution (including you).

What other forums am I on? Perhaps you know something I don't!

It is the issue, you have no right asking anyone else what they do as a contribution if you aren't doing anything yourself. Your credibility is completely shot if you can't even answer that simple question. I'll be ignoring all your posts form now on, fraud.
  • Reply 55 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

And Steve Jobs isn't?

Isn't this the guy that drives around in his Mercedes without a license plate and parks in handicap spots?

Thats mild compared to how he treated people, apparently before he realized his own mortality. I'm not sure how he is now but the stories are well documented from his earlier days.
  • Reply 56 of 72
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:

Ah, you'd be surprised at what a heightened sense of mortality can do to folks...

Bill Gates isn't sick, and he's done a fuck lot more philanthropy than Jobs ever has.
  • Reply 57 of 72
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:

It is the issue, you have no right asking anyone else what they do as a contribution if you aren't doing anything yourself. Your credibility is completely shot if you can't even answer that simple question. I'll be ignoring all your posts form now on, fraud.

Thank you.
  • Reply 58 of 72
    ikirikir Posts: 130member
    Come back Steve. We are waiting for you
  • Reply 59 of 72
    Quote:

Ah, from derisiveness to name-calling. And my "...credibility is completely shot..." and you'll be "...ignoring all [my] posts from now on..." And, wilco agrees with you.

I am devastated.
  • Reply 60 of 72
    italiankiditaliankid Posts: 279member
    Talk is cheap!

It seems that Tim Cook brought nothing exciting to the consumers of Apple... All the updates where blah.

I guess Steve may have warned Tim not to bring anything exciting out or that might make Steve look like he is not needed in the future... ? Your thoughts?