• Reply 21 of 78
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Looks like Teckstud's registered under another name
  • Reply 22 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

Looks like Teckstud's registered under another name

Troll.

And smiley faces only degrade your posting even further.
  • Reply 23 of 78
    jimmy176jimmy176 Posts: 1member
    I don't avoid Wal-Mart because they're uncool, I avoid them because they underpay workers, quash unions, and support the Chinese economy more than the American economy.

I couldn't care less if I can get an iPhone there for 10 bucks cheaper.
  • Reply 24 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimmy176 View Post

I don't avoid Wal-Mart because they're uncool, I avoid them because they underpay workers, quash unions, and support the Chinese economy more than the American economy.

I couldn't care less if I can get an iPhone there for 10 bucks cheaper.

Most of the Apple Products you buy are made in China or other communist countries.

All Apple products are outsourced outside of the USA.

Does that make you feel better about your choice of Vendors?

What is your point.
  • Reply 25 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan View Post

The only ones tarnishing Apple's name are people that trash Walmart and don't want the iPhone sold there and FanBoy's that make comments like...

"The iPhone's beauty and elegance is more apparent upon use".

Do you realize just how ignorant that sounds. It's a Phone.

Do you realize how ignorant you sound, calling that statement ignorant?

Saying the iPhone's "a phone" is like saying the Taj Mahal's "a house." Anyone who's ever used an iPhone for any period of time will recognize that the quoted statement -- specifically as applied to its operating system -- is perfectly reasonable (aside from the improper verb agreement). :-) The attention to detail in the OS is unprecedented in any "phone" preceeding the iPhone. As one uses the device more and more, exploring other features, one is constantly surprised or amazed at the attention to detail.

Therefore, it's true: The iPhone's beauty and elegance are more apparent upon use.

Deal with it, dude.
  • Reply 26 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by soundsgoodtome View Post

Do you realize how ignorant you sound, calling that statement ignorant?

Saying the iPhone's "a phone" is like saying the Taj Mahal's "a house." Anyone who's ever used an iPhone for any period of time will recognize that the quoted statement -- specifically as applied to its operating system -- is perfectly reasonable (aside from the improper verb agreement). :-) The attention to detail in the OS is unprecedented in any "phone" preceeding the iPhone. As one uses the device more and more, exploring other features, one is constantly surprised or amazed at the attention to detail.

Therefore, it's true: The iPhone's beauty and elegance are more apparent upon use.

Deal with it, dude.

I've had an iPhone from day 1.

My favorite Apps are USA Today, AP, Grocery App, Pandora & Wall Street Journal.

Edit. I like Shazam.

I like my phone but there is much in the market that competes with it and surpasses it now, even with 3.0 unless we see something that hasn't been announced on Monday.

It's a Tool. Nothing more, nothing less. I've had an iPhone for 2 years and it's still just a Phone.

Edit. I like Shazam. All Free Apps that I've paid Apple nothing for.
  • Reply 27 of 78
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:

Would everyone quit with the Walmart trashing and how it's going to tarnish the Apple Brand.

The only one's tarnishing the Apple Brand are the FanBoys that don't want the iPhone to be sold at Walmart. It was a sound business decision because the average Mac & iPhone user already knows what they are going to purchase before they go in. There are 1000's more Walmarts than Apple & AT&T stores combined.

i agreed with this post.

Quote:

I stand corrected.

The only ones tarnishing Apple's name are people that trash Walmart and don't want the iPhone sold there and FanBoy's that make comments like...

"The iPhone's beauty and elegance is more apparent upon use".

Do you realize just how ignorant that sounds. It's a Phone.

This post was rubbish, however. ignorant? how does it sound ignorant?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by city View Post

As many people as possible should be exposed to great products and great design. The iPhone's beauty and elegance is more apparent upon use. It doesn't matter where it's sold (Big Lots, 99¢ store, maybe not Sears). Everyone should have one. The RAZR was a hooky product reliant on advertising.

i don't see what is wrong with this description. beauty and elegance aren't words usually used to describe phones, but in the iPhone's case, it is not an unreasonable claim. And if the writer feels there is a sense of beauty and elegance in the product and how it operates, who are you to gainsay it? i do seem to recall many media reviews using similar language when the iPhone first came out.
  • Reply 28 of 78
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:

Would everyone quit with the Walmart trashing and how it's going to tarnish the Apple Brand.

The only one's tarnishing the Apple Brand are the FanBoys that don't want the iPhone to be sold at Walmart. It was a sound business decision because the average Mac & iPhone user already knows what they are going to purchase before they go in. There are 1000's more Walmarts than Apple & AT&T stores combined.

Besides the fact that WALMART sells a heck of a lot of iPods.

Does that make you any less "COOL".

Grow up.

Edit: I'd change your screen name... It's associated with a product sold at Walmart.

To some of us it is NOT about being "cool". It has more to do with WalMart policies towards their employees and they way they have stomped their way into many a quiet neighborhood and screwed the place up royally.

Or have you forgotten about their published policy about "only hiring 'healthy' people; making sure to first have someone work overtime, then cut their base hours that week, to AVOID paying them overtime; making sure "full-time" employees are sent home early or cut hours to avoid hitting the magic number of hours for required for benefits.

It's all very well documented, so I won't go into details here. But that's why I and many others would rather not see Apple in WalMart at all. Costco or Sam's Club, yes. Walmart? Hell no.
  • Reply 29 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

To some of us it is NOT about being "cool". It has more to do with WalMart policies towards their employees and they way they have stomped their way into many a quiet neighborhood and screwed the place up royally.

Or have you forgotten about their published policy about "only hiring 'healthy' people; making sure to first have someone work overtime, then cut their base hours that week, to AVOID paying them overtime; making sure "full-time" employees are sent home early or cut hours to avoid hitting the magic number of hours for required for benefits.

It's all very well documented, so I won't go into details here. But that's why I and many others would rather not see Apple in WalMart at all. Costco or Sam's Club, yes. Walmart? Hell no.

I don't know what Walmart you are talking about.

Walmart has a reputation of hiring the elderly to greet people and have a policy to hire the handicapped.

That is what I see at the Walmart I shop at and they have great prices on many name brand products such as the iPod, Blackberry, Samsung, Sony, Macs, Food.

If Walmart is that offensive to you then I'd suggest not buying any products that are sold there, because you are supporting Vendors that support them.

You wil have no computer, no phone, no food, no household items.

Be the first to say I will not support any Vendor that does business with Walmart because that vendor has chosen to do business with them.
  • Reply 30 of 78
    dhkostadhkosta Posts: 150member
    NTB = nine terabytes
  • Reply 31 of 78
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I work in a phonestore in Australia and an email was sent out asking us to update the iTunes we use for activation to 8.2...

Interesting. Do you think it was a pre-emptive decision by something making an assumption or did this come from a higher-up in the know.

Quote:

I've had an iPhone from day 1.

My favorite Apps are USA Today, AP, Grocery App, Pandora & Wall Street Journal.

Edit. I like Shazam.

I like my phone but there is much in the market that competes with it and surpasses it now, even with 3.0 unless we see something that hasn't been announced on Monday.

It's a Tool. Nothing more, nothing less. I've had an iPhone for 2 years and it's still just a Phone.

Edit. I like Shazam. All Free Apps that I've paid Apple nothing for.

You like twice Shazam twice, interesting. Preferring one phone over another fine. None of the people you?ve spit at have stated that the iPhone is the only phone available and that it can do anything other phones can do, only better. They simply like their iPhone and look forward to the next one; for which you have gotten angry at them.

As for, ?It's a Tool. Nothing more, nothing less.? there are many ?tools? that we use that we also love. It?s part of human nature to love our most useful and beautifully designed tools. Do you not think cars are a tool and many people love their cars. I?m sure they treat them better than their phones. It?s still just an item, but when a product makes our lives easy or enriches it in some way we tend to appreciate it more than other products. Why such a simple concept is difficult for you understand, I can only guess: Either you are not human or you are live in a small shed in the woods despising technology.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

Costco or Sam's Club, yes. Walmart? Hell no.

Note that Wal-Mart owns Sam?s Club.
  • Reply 32 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Interesting. Do you think it was a pre-emptive decision by something making an assumption or did this come from a higher-up in the know.

You like twice Shazam twice, interesting. Preferring one phone over another fine. None of the people you?ve spit at have stated that the iPhone is the only phone available and that it can do anything other phones can do, only better. They simply like their iPhone and look forward to the next one; for which you have gotten angry at them.

As for, ?It's a Tool. Nothing more, nothing less.? there are many ?tools? that we use that we also love. It?s part of human nature to love our most useful and beautifully designed tools. Do you not think cars are a tool and many people love their cars. I?m sure they treat them better than their phones. It?s still just an item, but when a product makes our lives easy or enriches it in some way we tend to appreciate it more than other products. Why such a simple concept is difficult for you understand, I can only guess: Either you are not human or you are live in a small shed in the woods despising technology.

Note that Wal-Mart owns Sam?s Club.

solipsism,

If I haven't made it clear by now I think you are severely lacking in all that is technology.

I have nothing to say to you so take your fight someplace else. You are ignorant & cruel to anyone that disagrees with you.

80% of your factual numbers are made up and in posting it always comes out.

Then you say...

Oh, I agree with you now.

Leave me alone, I don't have conversations with ignorance.
  • Reply 33 of 78
    lukeskymaclukeskymac Posts: 506member
    Quote:

Troll.

And smiley faces only degrade your posting even further.

So am I a troll, too? After that post of yours, I thought exactly the same.

EDIT: LOL, after reading other comments, YOU seem to be the troll here...
  • Reply 34 of 78
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    such arrogance. laugh out loud.
  • Reply 35 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lukeskymac View Post

So am I a troll, too? After that post of yours, I thought exactly the same.

EDIT: LOL, after reading other comments, YOU seem to be the troll here...

Seem to be? He makes Teckstud look like Melgross. This guy is so far gone I can?t help but feel sorry for him. I wonder what kind of life someone so vile in thought could have.
  • Reply 36 of 78
    Quote:

Seem to be? He makes Teckstud look like Melgross. This guy is so far gone I can?t help but feel sorry for him. I wonder what kind of life someone so vile in thought could have.

You have over 9,000 posts in 3 years to this room. I was thinking the same thing.
  • Reply 37 of 78
    Quote:

You have over 9,000 posts in 3 years to this room. I was thinking the same thing.

You may have less posts, but before you slither back into your hovel I hope that you can make just one useful post that helps the thread instead of trying to derail it. Just one! It may be too much to ask for but I?m optimistic by nature.
  • Reply 38 of 78
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dagamer34 View Post

FCC is very strict on not leaking information before it's NDA is up. Leaking company secrets before announcements is a good way to get sued for millions of dollars in damages, especially when the FCC is privy to much more private information than will ever be publicly released.

I don't think anyone would actually sue the Feds. They could make life for a company very difficult going forward.
  • Reply 39 of 78
    pohlpohl Posts: 7member
    Quote:

It's a phone...

...It's a Tool. Nothing more, nothing less. I've had an iPhone for 2 years and it's still just a Phone.

Well, perhaps if there is such a thing as being colorblind, tonedeaf, etc. there is also the possibility of being unable to perceive differences in quality and therefore the impact that quality can have on the value of a tool.

I agree that the iPhone is a mere tool. One of the most obvious things that separates it from other tools in its class is that the software is designed in such a way that television advertisements actually show a user how to interact with the software. (To put it another way: the ads are tutorials.) Contrast that with television ads for other smartphones, where you see absolutely anything but how to interact with the software: you'll see people, perhaps...kicking a soccer ball or dancing. Most often you see abstract graphics whizzing about on the screen, and the product rotating with a small video clip of a beautiful woman on the display smiling at you. But I don't think I've ever seen a pair of hands choosing a name from a contact list, or navigating the web,...

So, yes, it's a tool. But it's a more usable tool, so at least by that one metric it's not equivalent to every other similar tool out there, as you imply.
  • Reply 40 of 78
    Quote:

You may have less posts, but before you slither back into your hovel I hope that you can make just one useful post that helps the thread instead of trying to derail it. Just one! It may be too much to ask for but I’m optimistic by nature.

Have you ever wondered why Tech Stud, Italian Kid and People like me are allowed to stay in this room without being kicked out.

Because we keep people like you that are here for no other reason than to pull out your dictionary and make yourself sound smart when all you normally spew are facts that are incorrect in check.

With 9,340 posts you do nothing but derail the room by your total lack of knowledge in any subject or forum room that you've been in.

As I said with my first post. I sat on the sidelines and watched you belittle people for years and I'm tired of it. You are a mean person with an evil spirit that gets pleasure out of trying to ridicule anyone that disagrees with you or Anything Non Apple.