2009 iPhone models surface in Dutch T-Mobile systems

Comments

• Reply 41 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pohl View Post

Well, perhaps if there is such a thing as being colorblind, tonedeaf, etc. there is also the possibility of being unable to perceive differences in quality and therefore the impact that quality can have on the value of a tool.

I agree that the iPhone is a mere tool. One of the most obvious things that separates it from other tools in its class is that the software is designed in such a way that television advertisements actually show a user how to interact with the software. (To put it another way: the ads are tutorials.) Contrast that with television ads for other smartphones, where you see absolutely anything but how to interact with the software: you'll see people, perhaps...kicking a soccer ball or dancing. Most often you see abstract graphics whizzing about on the screen, and the product rotating with a small video clip of a beautiful woman on the display smiling at you. But I don't think I've ever seen a pair of hands choosing a name from a contact list, or navigating the web,...

So, yes, it's a tool. But it's a more usable tool, so at least by that one metric it's not equivalent to every other similar tool out there, as you imply.

That was so much bull shit it made my head hurt trying to read it.

People, get a life. It's a phone.
  • Reply 42 of 78
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Seahawk Fan View Post

Have you ever wondered why Tech Stud, Italian Kid and People like me are allowed to stay in this room without being kicked out.

Because we keep people like you that are here for no other reason than to pull out your dictionary and make yourself sound smart when all you normally spew are facts that are incorrect in check.

With 9,340 posts you do nothing but derail the room by your total lack of knowledge in any subject or forum room that you've been in.

As I said with my first post. I sat on the sidelines and watched you belittle people for years and I'm tired of it. You are a mean person with an evil spirit that gets pleasure out of trying to ridicule anyone that disagrees with you or Anything Non Apple.

I don't know what it is that you think Solipsism has done to you that makes you post crazy shit like this, but you should cut it out. We can all see his posts and can see he's a pretty level headed guy.

Put him on your ignore list if he bothers you so much.
  • Reply 43 of 78
    pohlpohl Posts: 7member
    Quote:

That was so much bull shit it made my head hurt trying to read it.

Lol...yes, that could very well be a symptom of perceptual dysfunction. The universe is merciful, though, in that you'll never realize it.
  • Reply 44 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pohl View Post

Lol...yes, that could very well be a symptom of perceptual dysfunction. The universe is merciful, though, in that you'll never realize it.

Hey Yoda, save it for the Star Wars Forum.
  • Reply 45 of 78
    pohlpohl Posts: 7member
    Quote:

Hey Yoda, save it for the Star Wars Forum.

YouTube threads might be a better fit for your calibre.
  • Reply 46 of 78
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHKOsta View Post

NTB = nine terabytes

Finally a rumour I can confirm.

And it's available in many shades of brown.

• Reply 47 of 78
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bonklers View Post

same thing with os3.0, i think once it's out it will make webOS look obsolete.

maybe, maybe not. The current lag expirenced on the iPhone has to dissapear for the iPhone to really make a difference with 3.0.
  • Reply 48 of 78
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bonklers View Post

same thing with os3.0, i think once it's out it will make webOS look obsolete.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

maybe, maybe not. The current lag expirenced on the iPhone has to dissapear for the iPhone to really make a difference with 3.0.

WebOS will still look impressive in many ways for a smartphone OS. The UI is pretty slick, overall. There are some issues with the speed and functionality in some ways, but overall it?s a pretty solid debut.

iPhone OS 3.0 is still slow in some ways. Though it?s still in Beta, there will be little to any speed gains on the ARMv6 with 128MB RAM. Even with the same ARMv7 with 256MB RAM as the Pre and with a PowerVR/Nvidia GPU there will still be aspects of the Pre that should work more fluently. It is a lighter OS, after all.
  • Reply 49 of 78
    bonklersbonklers Posts: 54member
    you should all lighten up! take each comment as a single opinion and not as a fact. so if someone says, "i love shopping at walmart" then good for them, cause thats what they like, and your response should be "i think its wrong to shop there cause of A,B, and C" and not "youre going to burn in hell of shopping there"

once we get a shiny new iphone i think the comments will be happier.
  • Reply 50 of 78
    Quote:

I don't know what Walmart you are talking about.

Walmart has a reputation of hiring the elderly to greet people and have a policy to hire the handicapped.

That is what I see at the Walmart I shop at and they have great prices on many name brand products such as the iPod, Blackberry, Samsung, Sony, Macs, Food.

If Walmart is that offensive to you then I'd suggest not buying any products that are sold there, because you are supporting Vendors that support them.

You wil have no computer, no phone, no food, no household items.

Be the first to say I will not support any Vendor that does business with Walmart because that vendor has chosen to do business with them.

So you're relying on what you see when you walk into a store as your entire basis for how Wal-Mart does business? It's sad, really, that someone can get through life without learning that the world is more complex than it appear at first glimpse. Wal-Mart's horrendous record is common knowledge, and is easily researched - heard of Google? Especially since Sam Walton died, it's grown into one of the worst examples of corporate greed and exploitation of the poor ever recorded. I worked there in my teen years, and saw it first-hand. I haven't shopped there since I quit the place (over 10 years), so it is very possible to get along just fine without the place. I do find it funny that you accept Wal-Mart as a happy place based on face value, but you repeatedly call others "ignorant". To quote a good movie, "I do not think that means what you think it means."

Overall, I'm not sure that this the best place for you. I'm afraid that if you go to Apple-centric web sites, you're bound to encounter Apple fans. If that angers you, there's a whole Internet out there for you to go explore.

By the way, if the iPhone is only a phone, and the iPod Touch is the iPhone without the phone, it must be impossible that I just wrote this comment from my Touch! Weird!
  • Reply 51 of 78
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Now back on topic, I think the new sexy iPhone 3G will be available in 16GB and 32GB in both Black and White each.

The 8GB iPhone 3G will be the current model iPhone 3G which will still be available at an "Optional" basis depending on the Telcos in various countries. They can decide to carry it or not.

So Telcos around the world, will have the option of using it.

AT&T I think, 50% chance they will not use that option to avoid cannibalization of the iPhone 3G 16GB and 32GB. Hard to say at this point.

I think Apple Stores USA will only carry 16GB and 32GB. While 8GB old model only available at AT&T.

8GB old model becomes like the iPod Shuffle while the 16GB and 32GB is like the iPod Touch, if we were to make a very rough analogy to the iPod lines.

This leaves flexibility for Apple and Telcos around the world to have a bit more "free play" to see how to fill out their iPhone offerings from the older 8GB to the new and sexy 16GB and 32GB models.
  • Reply 52 of 78
    patrollpatroll Posts: 77member
    Quote:

....when all you normally spew are facts that are incorrect in check.

Unlike opinions, statements and claims, facts cannot be "incorrect". They cannot be "unsubstantiated" either.

It is interesting that the latter term appeared yesterday in a post submitted by Techstud. He, too, used the verb "spew".
  • Reply 53 of 78
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

So, I guess they'll be available on Monday or Tuesday... as everyone's been saying.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacAttack09 View Post

Does anyone actually think the new iPhone will be ready Monday or Tuesday? Wouldn't it have been leaked by now from the FCC? It doesn't seem like an Apple move.

there is no way that they would go into a keynote and announce new hardware available right away. the stores would kill them for the lack of warning for security etc. and customers that just bought a new phone would lose it

the best you will have is the software available during next week. that way the folks not buying a new phone anytime soon will update and there won't be a massive 'hit the fan' like last july.

and then an announcement of the date, say in mid july, when new hardware would go on sale.
  • Reply 54 of 78
    I can't take this anymore!!!!!!
  • Reply 55 of 78
    citycity Posts: 522member
    Quote:

I stand corrected.

The only ones tarnishing Apple's name are people that trash Walmart and don't want the iPhone sold there and FanBoy's that make comments like...

"The iPhone's beauty and elegance is more apparent upon use".

Do you realize just how ignorant that sounds. It's a Phone.

Maybe I am wrong. I have never been in a Walmart. I just found my Apple iPhone to be a very useful and thoughtfully designed appliance. I hope that lots of people get to experience it. No doubt other companies have great products too. Unfortunately, it's probably impossible to be a modern consumer and not inadvertently support some exploitation or violation of human rights. I am guilty.
  • Reply 56 of 78
    heavydheavyd Posts: 8member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macrosheep View Post

So you're relying on what you see when you walk into a store as your entire basis for how Wal-Mart does business? It's sad, really, that someone can get through life without learning that the world is more complex than it appear at first glimpse. Wal-Mart's horrendous record is common knowledge, and is easily researched - heard of Google? Especially since Sam Walton died, it's grown into one of the worst examples of corporate greed and exploitation of the poor ever recorded. I worked there in my teen years, and saw it first-hand. I haven't shopped there since I quit the place (over 10 years), so it is very possible to get along just fine without the place. I do find it funny that you accept Wal-Mart as a happy place based on face value, but you repeatedly call others "ignorant". To quote a good movie, "I do not think that means what you think it means."

Overall, I'm not sure that this the best place for you. I'm afraid that if you go to Apple-centric web sites, you're bound to encounter Apple fans. If that angers you, there's a whole Internet out there for you to go explore.

By the way, if the iPhone is only a phone, and the iPod Touch is the iPhone without the phone, it must be impossible that I just wrote this comment from my Touch! Weird!

Amen! I couldn't have said it better.
  • Reply 57 of 78
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:

Have you ever wondered why Tech Stud, Italian Kid and People like me are allowed to stay in this room without being kicked out.

Its no wonder dude. AI love's all the hits to the AI website. So when you flame here, you are putting advertising Dollar's in AI's pocket.Duh

Yes, you are a cyber-gunslinger. If only you had a faster connection.

• Reply 58 of 78
    applepiapplepi Posts: 365member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ipodrulz View Post

I really wish Apple cuts the 8GB line... please Apple. Do not dilute your brand. It hurts to see the iPhone being sold at Wal Mart, it's like the RAZR of 2009.

That's a pompous thing to say. That's the reason PC and other phone users dislike Apple users. That stuck up attitude about Apple products being a statement of social status rather then just good devices.

The iphone should be available to all people at all price points and all vendors. Get off your high horse.
  • Reply 59 of 78
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AIaddict View Post

You are the one putting your ignorance on display. Anyone an spends 5 minutes with an iPhone and walks away thinking "It's a Phone" is completely clueless to technology.

No- "It's a phone that makes bad calls". Is has a fantastic OS but lousy calls.
  • Reply 60 of 78
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by patroll View Post

Unlike opinions, statements and claims, facts cannot be "incorrect". They cannot be "unsubstantiated" either.

It is interesting that the latter term appeared yesterday in a post submitted by Techstud. He, too, used the verb "spew".

Dude- you really have problems if you think only one person has issues with the iPhone. Your paranoia is unbending.