WOW absolutely furious!!

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    For the first time in 8 years I'm going back to Pay As You Go. Sure it's a big initial outlay but I'll be free to buy a new iPhone in 12 months time with no contract in place. If my usage over the last three years continues over the next year the through life cost is much lower for me on PAYG compared to a contract. I can live without Visual Voicemail and Tethering. 18 month contracts suck on a product that's updated every 12.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    brentsgbrentsg Posts: 17member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Do you all have to sign a contract to use your landline phone?

Contracts are now primitive and totally not necessary. They need to go away. And since its going to take a corporate bloodbath to make that happen I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching companies like AT&T get eaten alive by other new wireless network companies who position their business so as not to need contracts.

We're not at that point but I hope we will be soon.

So you want your service provider to subsidize your expensive phone/toy but you don't want to sign a contract?

• Reply 43 of 43
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brentsg View Post

So you want your service provider to subsidize your expensive phone/toy but you don't want to sign a contract?

Again with the assumptions. I'll be like mrtotes and buy my device outright without any subsidies.

I'm not your average consumer.