Apple releases iPhone Software 3.0

Comments

• Reply 21 of 380
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
  • Reply 22 of 380
    boogabooga Posts: 1,082member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by harmsway View Post

I'm at work and cannot update til this evening. Can someone please post the "Snappiness" factor of 3.0

It doesn't seem any snappier to me, but the animation transitions do seem a little smoother on my iPhone 3G.
  • Reply 23 of 380
    Downloaded and about 20% installed...woot!
  • Reply 24 of 380
    I started out downloading at around 1.2 to 1.3 MB/sec it slowed down to about 200KB/sec still not bad didn't take too long for the download. I can only imagine the surge to hit Apple's servers!
  • Reply 25 of 380
    Sweet 3.0!!!!!!!!!!!! My phone is drinking down every last drop of code right now!!! Love it!!
  • Reply 26 of 380
    macinthe408macinthe408 Posts: 1,050member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gearhunter View Post

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

What's the build number (eg, 7A341)?
  • Reply 27 of 380
    Halfway there
  • Reply 28 of 380
    ... and my iPhone 3g just crashed during the install process, and is stuck on the white apple logo.

FML
  • Reply 29 of 380
    i hate d/ling from work, we share a DSL line and it is slow as all hell
  • Reply 30 of 380
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

what's the build number (eg, 7a341)?

7a312
  • Reply 30 of 380
    How long does the install take?
  • Reply 32 of 380
    bigmc6000bigmc6000 Posts: 767member
    Question - do people who are using their 2Gs are de-facto Touches have to pay to update the 2G to 3.0?
  • Reply 33 of 380
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ijano View Post

Downloading it now...been checking very frequently, so it must have just gone live minutes ago. Will post pack if I notice "snappiness"! (Also, my wife will be getting a 3GS as a new phone and I'll be hanging on to the 3G. Will be interesting to see how much snappier her phone is)

I'm on the west coast of North America and it seemed to go live at about 10:12 or so for me (after clicking ever few seconds from 10:00 AM onwards).
  • Reply 34 of 380
    Looks great. Seems faster (like after you reboot). Haven't tested all the apps, but the core apps seem to work fine. Seems to be syncing with Outlook and MobileMe.

Heading to lunch to tinker and play.

Good luck all.
  • Reply 35 of 380
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joeypk07 View Post

I started out downloading at around 1.2 to 1.3 MB/sec it slowed down to about 200KB/sec still not bad didn't take too long for the download. I can only imagine the surge to hit Apple's servers!

Nah Apple has all of this stuff in cloud servers around the world...it would take a lot more to slow things down.
  • Reply 36 of 380
    durandaldurandal Posts: 277member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ase1357 View Post

Several minutes... including backup etc. I am now about 3 minutes into the installation process, about 20 % finished...
  • Reply 37 of 380
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    It's done, and the phone is syncing.

Wait...

The phone turned off and back on with the Apple logo. now there's the progress bar, which is slowly moving across..

Real-time folks. Exciting!

Bar is about 15% across.
  • Reply 38 of 380
    pg4gpg4g Posts: 383member
    You'll have to restore in iTunes. This will cause a new build download.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocolts18 View Post

How do I get iTunes to recognize it's available if I'm already running a beta version of 3.0?

• Reply 39 of 380
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ase1357 View Post

10 minutes for me on a 16GB iPhone, (after download) but the download is dependant on your connection of course.

Edit: Done! (woo-hoo etc.)
  • Reply 40 of 380
    I'm getting about 370kbs from apple right now.