Anyone received their C2D MacBook yet?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    fedx says tomorrow 1030
  • Reply 42 of 48
    I have nothing but praise for my 17" MacBook Pro. It has not been hot under any circumstances. It has had no problems at all ...praise be! Windows is also working well although I must confess, I don't have much experience on that system. For all those fence sitters out there I say, you can't find a better machine!
  • Reply 43 of 48
    first off, hi all. i finally decided to create a profile after reading the forums for so long. i ordered my C2D MB a couple days ago and still waiting for it to ship. apple says it will be here in about a week! i'm more excited than i ever was as a little kid at christmas.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    With everything except Airport off, and just Safari and iTunes and Mail open, it looks like my MB is ripping through battey at 1% a minute. Anyone else seeing this? I'm going to install a battery monitoring application and keep an eye on this over the next few weeks. I've been burned by batteries failing one to many times now. Ain't going to happen again. I'm going to all over the phone. I'm down to 85% and I've only been unplugged for 15 mins, 20 tops. Doing simple browsing. Nothing intense at all. Not all the RAM is even being used. WTF. I have the worst luck with batteries.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic

With everything except Airport off, and just Safari and iTunes and Mail open, it looks like my MB is ripping through battey at 1% a minute. Anyone else seeing this? I'm going to install a battery monitoring application and keep an eye on this over the next few weeks. I've been burned by batteries failing one to many times now. Ain't going to happen again. I'm going to all over the phone. I'm down to 85% and I've only been unplugged for 15 mins, 20 tops. Doing simple browsing. Nothing intense at all. Not all the RAM is even being used. WTF. I have the worst luck with batteries.

It might be seemingly obvious what I am about to say to you but as you have not said anything regarding it, I can only assume otherwise. Before i received my MBP 17" C2D I did as much research as I possible could so that I would be prepared for any issues. The main thing regarding battery issues was this concept of 'Calibrating' the battery within the first week of having it.

Are you aware of this issue and what to do about it? If not you can reply and I will post what it says in the piece that I saw on it. I am in the process of doing this calibration of my battery right now and hoping it will make it last longer as it is supposed to do.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    im getting mine on xmas. i cant hardly wait! but i do have one question: I have an HP right now with a pretty nice flat panel LCD display. could i do the desktop extention thing so i could like drag windows over to it? and what connector would i probably have to buy?
  • Reply 47 of 48
    kfdankfdan Posts: 81member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tartansparkle

It might be seemingly obvious what I am about to say to you but as you have not said anything regarding it, I can only assume otherwise. Before i received my MBP 17" C2D I did as much research as I possible could so that I would be prepared for any issues. The main thing regarding battery issues was this concept of 'Calibrating' the battery within the first week of having it.

Are you aware of this issue and what to do about it? If not you can reply and I will post what it says in the piece that I saw on it. I am in the process of doing this calibration of my battery right now and hoping it will make it last longer as it is supposed to do.

I'd love to read this! Post a link if you can. Thanks!
  • Reply 48 of 48
    To get the longest running time from your battery, calibrate it sometime during the

first week you have your MacBook Pro and recalibrate occasionally to keep your battery

functioning at its fullest capacity.

To calibrate your battery:

1Plug in the power adapter and fully charge your MacBook Pro battery until the light on

the power adapter plug changes to green and the Battery icon in the menu bar

indicates that the battery is fully charged.

2Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for two hours or longer. You may use

your computer during this time as long as the adapter is plugged in.

3Disconnect the power adapter with the MacBook Pro on and start running it from the

battery. You may use your computer during this time.

When your battery gets low, you?ll see the low battery warning dialog on the screen.

4Continue to keep your computer turned on until it goes to sleep. Save your work and

close all applications when the battery gets low and before the system goes to sleep.

5Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or longer.

6Connect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged

This was on a pdf users guide for the 17" MBP but it was not in the one I got with this bad-boy, but I don't think doing this process will do any harm. Whilst doing it I realised that without doing it before today the battery runs for a solid 3 hours before it dies. Good luck

again.