What will Apple call their Phone? THE BIGGER PICTURE!!

Comments

• Reply 41 of 63
    get out! wanker!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidod315 View Post

"is what this forum is for, hence Future Hardware"

That doesn't make it any less bullshit.

"If he was wasting humanity's time posting then surely you were doing the same responding."

You're an idiot. Obviously I came here and not anywhere else just so I could shit all over his thread. Seriously, did you even read my post that you quoted?

• Reply 42 of 63
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

Ummmm... buddy speculating about what future products and their names will be is what this forum is for, hence Future Hardware. People were doing this all the time with the macbook's name and no one cried afoul.

Ireland's post talked about both the name and the potential feature set (being more ipod then phone) fit right in line with this forum, if you don't like his idea that's another thing but why come in here raising hell and attacking him for nothing?

If he was wasting humanity's time posting then surely you were doing the same responding.

Thank you. It's nice to know there are retional people here. For the most part most people here are thoughtful, but there's always a few odd ones who like to push negative thoughts and ideas.
  • Reply 43 of 63
    ichat

icom

icall

ifone

iwaffletoomuch

icantputitdownforonesecond (female)

ichinwag

icantshutup (female v2)

iconnectu

iconnect

ilinku

irunoutofsilly*i*names

I can't be bothered to try and outwit Apple's marketeers - they do it SO well !!!
  • Reply 44 of 63
    so i am new to this forum, as one may see this is my first post ... i am quite surprised that no one has speculated that the Apple phone will be called ...

iTalk

... how does that sound?????????????
  • Reply 45 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Thank you. It's nice to know there are retional people here. For the most part most people here are thoughtful, but there's always a few odd ones who like to push negative thoughts and ideas.

If by "retional"- if that's even a word - you mean "fucking culchie", then I totally get you.

You know - after all's said and done - I'd rather be a maladjusted teen going through a rough patch than a fucking idiot 26 who's FAILED AT LIFE, who jerks himself off to the idea that somehow he's worth more by having 1,000+ posts on a shitty Apple rumors forum.
  • Reply 46 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidod315 View Post

If by "retional"- if that's even a word - you mean "fucking culchie", then I totally get you.

You know - after all's said and done - I'd rather be a maladjusted teen going through a rough patch than a fucking idiot 26 who's FAILED AT LIFE, who jerks himself off to the idea that somehow he's worth more by having 1,000+ posts on a shitty Apple rumors forum.

Listen David right. You have your life, I have mine. So piss off.

Just cause you added me as a friend on digg. Doesn't mean I want to hang around with you. Ringing my phone at 4am; "I'd like to meet you in Geoff's". You are forgetting one thing. I don't know you. Get a Mac if you want, frankly I don't care what you do.

"Failed at life"?? Wow, you are a little shit aren't you.

I know you're gay and all, but I'd rather you didn't imagine me jerking off. Or at least don't tell me about it. Go annoy someone else. I really don't want to respond to your miserably abusive comments anymore. You don't know me, and judging by your pure ignorance, I'd like to keep it that way.

"a shitty Apple rumors forum" Is that what you think of AI, really?

Posting stuff like this is a very quick way to get your IP address banned.

p.s. You can try and edit your comment, to take your direct abuse towards AI out, but they'll have a record of it.
  • Reply 47 of 63
    Dudes, re-seat your tinfoil hats already and chill.
  • Reply 48 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricksbrain View Post

Dudes, re-seat your tinfoil hats already and chill.

Exactly.
  • Reply 49 of 63
    Ireland... that dude called you? That's getting too weird.
  • Reply 50 of 63
    Quote:

Listen David right. You have your life, I have mine. So piss off.

Just cause you added me as a friend on digg. Doesn't mean I want to hang around with you. Ringing my phone at 4am; "I'd like to meet you in Geoff's". You are forgetting one thing. I don't know you. Get a Mac if you want, frankly I don't care what you do.

"Failed at life"?? Wow, you are a little shit aren't you.

I know you're gay and all, but I'd rather you didn't imagine me jerking off. Or at least don't tell me about it. Go annoy someone else. I really don't want to respond to your miserably abusive comments anymore. You don't know me, and judging by your pure ignorance, I'd like to keep it that way.

"a shitty Apple rumors forum" Is that what you think of AI, really?

Posting stuff like this is a very quick way to get your IP address banned.

p.s. You can try and edit your comment, to take your direct abuse towards AI out, but they'll have a record of it.

Weak. Lame.

(i) I added you as a friend on Digg?

(ii) I believe that e-mailing each other for more than a week counts as more than bullshit, making you block me extra shite

(iii) Lame. I was drunk at the time. So fucking what if I suggested to meet sometime? I meat it in a nice fucking way. That you would get so pissed at offended about me being only proves my point about you being a fucking culchie-probably-Christian (due to dipshit Dawkins hating), which brings me on to...

(iv) "know you're gay and all, but I'd rather you didn't imagine me jerking off. " Once again, complete fucking bullshit. Thanks for proving my point twice.

(v) "Posting stuff like this is a very quick way to get your IP address banned." I believe the responce to this is ::noonecares::

(vi) "p.s. You can try and edit your comment, to take your direct abuse towards AI out, but they'll have a record of it." I like how you say this, you YOUR post has been edited, and my posts haven't.

You know, I wouldn't be such a prick if only you'd be more reasonable - rather than fucking BLOCKING ME OUT OF MY LIFE FOR NO FUCKING REASON. I don't get why fucking chulchies like you even exist in cities. Move to Dunmore East and maybe peopel could care about how you voted Fianna Fáil.
  • Reply 51 of 63
    By the way, the pleasure of shitting all over you thread is all mine, and I'll continue it into the future - even if my IP has been banned. How much of an idiot are you? You DO realize that I can just register more accounts under different IP addresses?

I can even subtly ruin your threads by posting ambiguous flame bait.
  • Reply 52 of 63
    what is the point of having a personal arguement in a thread about iPod? Here i'm curious about what others think of my half-cocked assumption for a name of a possible product that has yet to be official announced of its birth .... point .... all lighthearted stuff ... most forums that i frequent is for educational purposes ... serious topics about recording on ... yes you guessed it ... my macs ... i choose to subsribe to get emails when a response is given on a thread that i posted to ... i curiously visit the site upon notification and what do i find .... a whole new apple product ...

Asshole Pro
  • Reply 53 of 63
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    You both are pitiful.
  • Reply 54 of 63
    maybe my sarcasm wasn't obvious, maybe it was too ... anyway ... how about the product name ...

iTalk
  • Reply 55 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mmdonovan15 View Post

maybe my sarcasm wasn't obvious, maybe it was too ... anyway ... how about the product name ...

iTalk

Not bad.
  • Reply 56 of 63
    Quote:

I don?t write for the Washington Post or the New York Times, but who cares about that, that?s not the point here.

I felt compelled to write this post as I think a lot of people are missing the bigger picture with regard to this products name.

If this phone is announced at Macworld, and Apple are not allowed use the name iPhone for one reason or another, i.e. don?t have the Trademark, or can?t get permission to use the name from the Trademark owner, then there is only one option left in Apple?s eyes I believe, and it?s really rather simple.

Let?s go through a few points first:

* Apple likes to keep its product names simple.

* They like to convey what each particular product does or is, by their respective names.

* They like to name their products in a simple and logical way.

* Apple likes their product names to sound different, yet be easy to remember.

* The iPod is one of the strongest brands in the world right now, Apple wont want to mess with that.

* The general consensus on the internets right now is that it will be an iPod first, and a phone second.

Using the above points as rules for a new set of points based on Apple?s recent product naming history, let?s see what we discover:

* Apple?s recent product names for its whole lineup of hardware is starting to form a pattern.

* Apple wanted to make a little iPod with the concept of shuffling music as its main selling point. Thus the iPod Shuffle.

* Apple wanted to make a mini version of it?s popular iPod music player. Thus the iPod Mini.

* Apple wanted to make an even smaller version of the iPod Mini, and emphasize its tininess. Thus the iPod Nano.

Are we seeing a pattern here? Simple right?

So the general consensus is that this product will be an iPod first, and a phone second.. hmmm?

As in like this?

Looks like your average iPod, until you pop out the keypad and then it becomes a phone.

Yes, like that!

Well in that case why not call it the iPod Phone?

* iPod Shuffle

* iPod Mini

* iPod Nano

&

* iPod Phone

iPod + Phone = iPod Phone.

So if they can't get iPhone, they'll use iPod Phone.

Keep it simple right? That?s what I say - and I suspect Apple is saying the same. It?s really not very complicated when you think about it.

- Ireland

digg

Seems pretty sensible to me - and they can continue to leverage their existing branding without trademark worries.
  • Reply 57 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zigzaglens View Post

Seems pretty sensible to me - and they can continue to leverage their existing branding without trademark worries.

Thank you for seeing it like I do.
  • Reply 58 of 63
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Ireland.. .... .... ...... ...? That's getting too weird.

I know.
  • Reply 59 of 63
    This one's original...and old...AppleTalk!
  • Reply 60 of 63
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by woofer View Post

This one's original...and old...AppleTalk!

That doesn't work for me. Too close to Google Talk for my liking. We need originality here.