Apple TV to dual as casual gaming device

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    gregalexandergregalexander Posts: 1,400member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samurai1999 View Post

"4309.145" = "The Apple TV ?^1? is synced with contacts and calendars on another computer. Do you want to sync with this computer and replace all existing contacts and calendars on this Apple TV with those from this computer?";

Interesting.

Apple hasn't demonstrated the calendar and contact interface from within Frontrow
  • Reply 62 of 63
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samurai1999 View Post

I guess it's obvious that the iPhone would be able to play games, but here're some more strings from iTunes

http://www.hardmac.com/news/2007-03-06/#6499

"4301.161" = "Are you sure you want to sync games? All existing games on the mobile phone ?^1? will be replaced with games from this iTunes library.";

"4301.162" = "Are you sure you do not want to sync games? All existing games on the mobile phone ?^1? will be removed.";

"4301.163" = "Syncing games on ?^1??";

"4309.126" = "Songs cannot be added to ?^1? because all of its space has been reserved for data.";

"4309.127" = "Syncing contacts on ?^1??";

"4309.128" = "Syncing calendars on ?^1??";

"4309.145" = "The Apple TV ?^1? is synced with contacts and calendars on another computer. Do you want to sync with this computer and replace all existing contacts and calendars on this Apple TV with those from this computer?";

Not sure what video processor the iPhone uses, but if it used one of the nVidia mobile chips it should be pretty good for games too.

Seing this makes me think that the AppleTV may be facilitating backups of important data, but not directly accessible data.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GregAlexander View Post

Interesting that they didn't say ".... cannot be played on THE Apple TV".

(yes, I know, it's obvious that other Apple TVs will come out).

No, I'm sure that message is more meant as a "How dare you copy that game you bought and try to take it to your friends house to play! You can't do that! That's illegal sharing!"

That's how you should read that (woohoo! More DRM, this time restricting us where we can play our games!).