Predictions!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Null.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 78
    Steve Jobs will reveal that every single iPhone unit will constantly be beaming out a low-level version of his RDF at a range of about 20 yards.
  • Reply 2 of 78
    New displays with integrated sensing technology (for eye-contact video conferencing).

...except it doesn't appear Apple has anything remarkable up its sleeve in the hardware arena, considering its history of massive hype leading up to Macworlds, etc.

Therefore, I predict a new .Mac service that's seamlessly integrated with Leopard - a complete overhaul of the current system. It will be subscription based as it is currently, but with customizable features and a variety of pricing options.
  • Reply 3 of 78
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 4 of 78
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CoolHandPete View Post

New displays with integrated sensing technology (for eye-contact video conferencing).

LOL
  • Reply 5 of 78
    tkellytkelly Posts: 50member
    1. iPhone Development Kit

2. iLife Update and built-in the Leopard

3. iWork Update

4. .Mac Update

5. Leopard Overview

6. 1 More Thing... new iMacs... to be released in 2 months
  • Reply 6 of 78
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 7 of 78
    mac pros with the new exon chip set with more pci-e lanes and ddr2 ecc ram.

head less mid-range mac replacing the mini
  • Reply 8 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tkelly View Post

1. iPhone Development Kit

2. iLife Update and built-in the Leopard

3. iWork Update

4. .Mac Update

5. Leopard Overview

6. 1 More Thing... new iMacs... to be released in 2 months

Cool new EyeCandy(TM) in Mac OS X Leopard! Windows will rotate around their vertical axis when clicked to reveal content that is on the back of these windows. Just like in the Dashboard: EyeCandy all over the place! In the Finder: Roate a Finder window to reveal viewing settings, icon size, font size, background pic, etc. Animated Finder icons show a preview of the content of the file, no matter whether it contains text, images, videos, etc.

All done at system level with CoreAnimation; SDK for developers are available so that everybody out there can set up its own eyecandy app!

iTunes 8 comes together with the new iPhones and offers the same extended CoverFlow-Features as on the iPhone itself. Flip covers to see what tracks are available from that album. Click onto a track listed on the back of a cover to play it. Touch your music!

New Address book, Safari (bookmarks) and mail software available in 10.4.10 and Leopard syncs with counterparts on the iPhone.

My 0.02$...
  • Reply 9 of 78
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    strange guess

iMac will have two lines

iMac Mini 19" & 20" - same like the current one, priced lower, mac mini killer

iMac 20" & 24" - Alu with better specs.

purely speculative.
  • Reply 10 of 78
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

Steve Jobs will reveal that every single iPhone unit will constantly be beaming out a low-level version of his RDF at a range of about 20 yards.

But it will increase in RDF strength as it comes into close contact with a major credit card or cash.
  • Reply 11 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

strange guess

iMac will have two lines

purely speculative.

Hmm... I like your thinking here. And I suppose the Mac mini would go away, and the iMac mini would be a multi-touch tablet?
  • Reply 12 of 78
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    Leopard with ZFS, some kind of mapping feature that allows developers to use google maps seamlessly in their aps, seamless Windows virtualisation and a .Mac overhaul.

New Mac hardware of some sort. Something to make up for the death of the mini, but not necessarily to replace it directly.

iPhone goodness it its full glory plus Bluetooth GPS integration with google maps.

One more thing..
  • Reply 13 of 78
    Leopard: Improved iLife suite included with Leopard [required]

Leopard: Major changes to the Finder, in terms of both design and usage

Leopard: Something about ZFS

iWork: New version with spreadsheet

Cinema Displays: Design, specs change [He winces, having just ordered a Samsung 245BW last week.]

Mac Pro: Processor bumps, graphics-card bumps, optional Blu-ray drive [If I had to bet on any big new hardware announcements, it would be a Mac Pro redesign.]

No new iMac design. That will have to wait for Leopard.
  • Reply 14 of 78
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenThousandThings

No new iMac design. That will have to wait for Leopard.

Never.
  • Reply 15 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Never.

Ireland, you have been selected to infiltrate the Apple organization, to surreptitiously plant tiny webcams in security-sensitive areas of the building and report back to us. Good luck, and godspeed. We have your back.
  • Reply 16 of 78
    kukitokukito Posts: 113member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

head less mid-range mac replacing the mini

It will be a cube named the Mac mini³.

edit: or maybe just the Mac³.
  • Reply 17 of 78
    musltngbluemusltngblue Posts: 303member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Yankeedoodle View Post

iTunes 8 comes together with the new iPhones and offers the same extended CoverFlow-Features as on the iPhone itself. Flip covers to see what tracks are available from that album. Click onto a track listed on the back of a cover to play it. Touch your music!

iTunes won't be considered to v 8, probably 7.5 or something. But that won't be released until the 29th, alongside iPhone. They just updated for iTunes Plus features... it won't be THAT quick.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Yankeedoodle View Post

New Address book, Safari (bookmarks) and mail software available in 10.4.10 and Leopard syncs with counterparts on the iPhone.

iPhone is already known to sync with OS X counterparts, via iTunes. Also, the Mail update has already been announced to be released with Leopard, as will probably Safari and Address Book. The only thing that iphone depends upon are the data files created by the apps, not the apps themselves, so there's no need for the whole app to be redone.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

strange guess

iMac will have two lines

I too like your thinking. I've thought of this possibility myself. I don't think there's going to be a model with just 1" difference on the display. I'd say something along the lines of 20" and 22" iMac (quite similar to today's models, with slight bump-ups), and 20"/22"/24"/30" (pick 2, maybe three) iMac Pro's (the new design) with major bumps to Santa Rosa, 2GB RAM, larger HDs, better GPUs, and so on. The iMac has earned its name as the Mac fit for anyone. They don't want to mess that up. That's why I think it'll be more along the lines of iMac Pro - the new, faster ones being the step up.
  • Reply 18 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenThousandThings View Post

Mac Pro: Processor bumps, graphics-card bumps, optional Blu-ray drive [If I had to bet on any big new hardware announcements, it would be a Mac Pro redesign.]

I can tell you're new. There is absolutely no chance of a mac pro redesign. NONE.

New GPU's and nex gen DVD drives maybe but thats it.

I am predicting that they will drop the 17" iMac and stick a headless mac tower in its place.
  • Reply 19 of 78
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

Make that meters and we have a deal!

• Reply 20 of 78
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    I predict a Apple/Sun merger.

Schwartz and Jobs will be co-iCeo's