It Has Begun

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Activation screen shots up at Gizmodo.
  • Reply 22 of 44
    MNN has shots from the autopsy.

Looks like getting to the battery is pretty easy-- the black bottom cap comes off, the back comes off, and there it is....... soldered to the PCB.

Still, for the enterprising, it shouldn't be that hard to either unsolder or clip the wires with enough left on to make a little wiring harness.

Not much help for those who like to have a spare battery while out and about, however.
  • Reply 23 of 44
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Is it wrong that I have absolutely no desire/need for an iPhone?

If I commuted on public transport regularly, perhaps...otherwise, meh.

\
  • Reply 24 of 44
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    When, when, when will we get them here in Japan????

Just had to ask.

It is almost 6 pm in California, the store is down until then, and there are six hours after that until the end of the first day of sale. Any ideas of numbers, yet?

Can anyone say how the multi-touch screen feels?
  • Reply 25 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

When, when, when will we get them here in Japan????

Just had to ask.

It is almost 6 pm in California, the store is down until then, and there are six hours after that until the end of the first day of sale. Any ideas of numbers, yet?

Can anyone say how the multi-touch screen feels?

yes sir. Its amazing beyond your wildest dreams........I'm on it now and its like typing on a keyboard
  • Reply 26 of 44
    So, are the people with the iPhones in hand using wifi or EDGE? If EDGE, how are the speeds?
  • Reply 27 of 44
    auslanderauslander Posts: 183member
    Well, I caved and decided to go and have a look at one. There's an AT&T store about half a mile away so I walked there. Got there by just after 7pm. They had already sold out, basically in less than an hour. This is not a small store either - it's pretty big. There was a line of about 100 people still outside as I walked towards it.

There were also a LOT of very pissed off people as the girl came out and announced/shouted that all the phones had gone. I guess the 8GB model sold out immediately, and after that people were forced to accept the 4GB if they didn't want to wait.

Lots of nasty language..eek!!

• Reply 28 of 44
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
  • Reply 29 of 44
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I used the iPhone. Crap! I should have posted from the iPhone. Anyway it's okay. I used the web and tried to call home, no one answered. In fact my wife says the phone didn't even ring

Anyway the web based access to my companies GroupWise email kind a sucked. The interface is a tad too small. I think I could get used to it.

Typing was okay. The little spy glass thing was actually nice.
  • Reply 30 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

How much would you pay?

just pay a bum a couple hundred $$ to stand in line for you for a few days. Save $34,000 or so.
  • Reply 31 of 44
    fuzz_ballfuzz_ball Posts: 390member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Lord, if the interface for your email was "a tad too small", what must it be like on other phones?

LOL
  • Reply 32 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

I used the iPhone. Crap! I should have posted from the iPhone. Anyway it's okay. I used the web and tried to call home, no one answered. In fact my wife says the phone didn't even ring

Anyway the web based access to my companies GroupWise email kind a sucked. The interface is a tad too small. I think I could get used to it.

Typing was okay. The little spy glass thing was actually nice.

Lord, if the interface for your email was "a tad too small", what must it be like on other phones?
  • Reply 33 of 44
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I don't know. Zune or iPhone. Hmm...

Tough call. I'm gonna have to take the weekend to decide.
  • Reply 34 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wojciechowski View Post

So, are the people with the iPhones in hand using wifi or EDGE? If EDGE, how are the speeds?

wifi...not REALLY fast(like rendering) but nice. edge...not as bad as id suspected but pretty crappy
  • Reply 35 of 44
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

just pay a bum a couple hundred $$ to stand in line for you for a few days. Save $34,000 or so.

HOLY F***, 60,000 for an iphone, for that i could by at least 4 fully loaded mac pros, presuming they were $15,000 each although with screen i think they are really $16000. I would pick the mac pros as i could just wait a month for an iPhone. I wonder how high it will go.
  • Reply 36 of 44
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Web based interface. I had to go through the web browser to get my email. It was small. On other phones it would be even smaller.
  • Reply 37 of 44
    Jesus Christ resurrected for an iPhone...

http://gizmodo.com/photogallery/iphoneline/2104069
  • Reply 38 of 44
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

How much would you pay?

Can that really be real? If someone shells out at this point $66,000 for an iphone, they are biggest loser ever. If you've got that much money, why wouldn't you just pay someone a grand to wait in line for you. Give the rest to charity or something.

edit: now $100,000
  • Reply 39 of 44
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Can that really be real? If someone shells out at this point $66,000 for an iphone, they are biggest loser ever. If you've got that much money, why wouldn't you just pay someone a grand to wait in line for you. Give the rest to charity or something.

edit: now $100,000

Its just him bidding on it himself but its still funny as hell. At first glance, it looks like the funnies thing ever but when you look closer at the bidders, you realize they are all from the same source
  • Reply 40 of 44
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

Is it wrong that I have absolutely no desire/need for an iPhone?

Yes, you're wrong.