Apple's iLife '08 adds major new version of iPhoto and iMovie

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 85
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Well Apple does sell 3 levels of video apps. They must have simply realized that the majority of the people currently using iMovie would be best served by a simpler product. The people not better served by the simpler product are probably intended to be FCE customers.

I'm 65 years old and I guess that I get a little paranoid when I see " history repeat itself " How they handled Appleworks v.s. Pages is very similar to what SEEMS to be going on with Imovie HD and Final Cut Pro / Express, that is, forcing us to move over to a paid for application instead of a free one by "dumbing down the free one. "

I suppose there is nothing wrong with that business model except that it's getting very close to what microsoft has done for years. Frankly Steve ....I liked it better when microsoft copied us instead of us copying them, that's all. This is starting to look like " a race to the bottom " and I don't think that is where Apple belongs.
  • Reply 82 of 85
    Does anyone else have a problem with Garageband crashing immediately on startup?
  • Reply 83 of 85
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    mine is fine, but iDvd will NOT start. It flashes its logo screen then dies a quick death.

console gives me:

2007-08-21 09:04:27.838 iDVD[297] Can't open input server /Library/InputManagers/Smart Crash Reports.bundle

An exception of type NSInvalidArgumentException occured.

*** -[NSCFSet addObject:]: attempt to insert nil

Stack trace:

sh: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `('

sh: -c: line 1: `/usr/bin/atos -p 297 (null) | tail -n +3 | head -n +-4 | c++filt | cat -n'

##**## Not encoding -> exit(5)
  • Reply 84 of 85
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Bad Apple. Bad, bad Apple!! I see the petition has already been started...

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/imovie08/
  • Reply 85 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MiMac View Post

Bad Apple. Bad, bad Apple!! I see the petition has already been started...

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/imovie08/

Much weirdness.

After a shut down and reboot, Garageband is starting up nicely.

Problem gone!