Apple posts keynote stream, iTunes 7.4 with ringtone support

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple on Wednesday evening posted an on-demand Quicktime stream of the morning's iPod introductions by chief executive Steve Jobs. Separately, it released iTunes 7.4, which includes support for closed captioning and building custom iPhone ringtones.

Apple Special Event Stream

Apple has posted a video-on-demand QuickTime stream of Wednesday's special event, allowing fans to watch Apple chief executive Steve Jobs unveil the new iPod touch, iPod nano, iPod classic, as well as deliver the iPhone face-slap heard round the world.

iTunes 7.4

Meanwhile, iTunes 7.4 adds sync support for the new iPod nano (third generation), iPod classic, and iPod touch, and also users to create custom ringtones exclusively for iPhone with many of their favorite songs purchased from the iTunes Store.

Users of iTunes 7.4 can now also play purchased videos with closed captioning (when available), easily rate their favorite albums from one to five stars, and watch videos at a larger size inside the iTunes window.

Although support for custom iPhone ringtones is included in the new iTunes release, Apple said Wednesday that the creation service will not be activated until sometime next week.

iTunes 7.4 is available as a 48.1MB download for Macs and a 49MB download for Windows PCs.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Apple really should have offered a free ringtone service to its iPhone customers after dumping the price of the iPhone and irritating (to put it politely) so many current iPhones users.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    I though Steve's NBC reference was pretty funny. I almost sprayed coffee all over my screen.

He seemed pretty happy with himself..
  • Reply 3 of 14
    So can we only make ringtones from iTS songs they can resell us, or can we also make them from our own unprotected content as well? If the former is the case, then I definitely call this a half-baked solution... although I must say the way you can select the clip from a timeline is pretty cool.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    The App that needs SUPPORT FOR CLOSE CAPTIONING is FCP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It costs at least 6K for a 3rd party software based CC solution for Macs!!! And all it is it text and timeline!!! It should be part of FCP!! How long would that take the FCP development team? A week maybe two?

I know it's not a sexy looking feature to demo, like Motion or Color, but anyone who works in BROADCAST (not film) needs it badly!!

Frank
  • Reply 5 of 14
    "iPhone face slap"? Come ON!
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Why the increase in size? The last iTunes have been high 20's low 30's. I know there is extra stuff w/ the new iPods - but 20 MB worth ?!?!

One word... bloatware
  • Reply 7 of 14
    It's a download of the whole application, not just the updated parts.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Hello, just registered.

I had to ask you.. is there a way to download the keynote? I'd be glad to have it, as much as the previous keynote, the one with the new imacs and software.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    I think to download it watch it in quicktime then go file save as and choose a place on your computer to save it to. That's what I've done with other stuff at least. I'm not sure if that's a quicktime pro only feature though.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Solar View Post

I though Steve's NBC reference was pretty funny. I almost sprayed coffee all over my screen.

He seemed pretty happy with himself..

Can you elaborate?
  • Reply 11 of 14
    I never can get Apple's Quicktime streams of their keynotes to work. So watch the September 2007 keyonte here:

http://ikbis.com/humeid/shot/41272
  • Reply 12 of 14
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by humeid View Post

I never can get Apple's Quicktime streams of their keynotes to work. So watch the September 2007 keyonte here:

http://ikbis.com/humeid/shot/41272

Registered just to post a link to a page with tons of advertisements? Tsk tsk.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Registered just to post a link to a page with tons of advertisements? Tsk tsk.

Lay off him, man. That site does have the full keynote posted.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    dont they usually post it on itunes a few days after? i know ive downloaded past keynotes before.